- Text Size +
Chapter 12 Family

Aj runs over to Brian. “Baby what's wrong?” he asks holding the man close to him. “She signed the papers and put a rush on it.” Brian says through tears. Howie moves to comfort his long time friend. “What about Baylee did she ask for custody?” Howie asks. “NO! She doesn't want anything else to do with me or Baylee.” Brian says completely breaking down. “It sounds like a good thing to me.” Viggo says walking over to the friends. “I've been where you are Brian, I know it hurts but you don't have to go through this alone like I did.” Viggo says placing his hand on Brian's shoulder. “ I was faithful to her I gave her everything she ever asked for! She turns around and shoves it all back in my face like it meant nothing to her!” Brian says now more angry then sad. “That bitch how dare she set you free so that you can love the one who will love you eternally.” Viggo says with a smile. “I guess you're right.” Brian says looking at Aj. “So you don't hate me for loving Alex?” Brian asks Howie. “Of course not, I want both of you to be happy just like I want Kev and Nicky...oops.” Howie says covering his mouth. “Its ok we already know.” Aj assures his friend. “Oh thank god I didn't want to be like you.” Howie says with a wink. “How am I going to explain all this to Baylee?” Brian ask looking at the three men standing around him. “Tell Baylee the truth, if you lie to him it'll make it harder on him.” Viggo says. “What do I tell him about me and Alex.” Brian ask pulling away from Aj slightly. “Again the truth is the only way to go.” Howie says slipping his hand into Viggo's. Viggo pulls away from Howie and goes in the kitchen. He comes back out with a bottle of Apple juice and four glasses. “Let's have a toast to Brian's new found freedom and to his and Aj's love may it burn brightly forever.” Viggo say handing each of them a glass of apple juice. “It's the closes thing we have to Champagne.” Viggo says smiling. The friends toast and settle in to watch a movie before Brian and Aj finally head home.

A couple of days later Kevin brings Baylee home. Baylee tries to push the door open to no avail. “Its locked?” He ask Kevin. Kevin opens the door for Baylee. “Daddy!” Baylee calls out. “Baylee is that you?” Brian asks from the kitchen. He comes out and Baylee runs into his arms. “I missed you so much baby.” Brian gushed as he hugged his son tightly. “Daddy, I maked you a picture for the fridge.” Baylee says going over to his backpack. He held up a drawing of him, Brian and Aj. Across the top it said “My Family”. “I love it Bay let's go put it on the fridge right now.” Brian says carrying the little boy it the kitchen. “Baylee I need to talk to you about some very important stuff ok?” Brian says as he places the picture on the fridge. “Is it about moving away from uncle Aj cause I don't wanna.” Baylee says sadly. “No, baby we're not moving we're going to stay with uncle Aj for a long time, I hope.” Brian says. I'm gonna go swimming while you guys talk ok?” Aj says going upstairs to change. Brian takes Baylee into living room. “Baylee do you know why we're staying with uncle Aj?” Brian asks. “Cause, Chris don't like me.” Baylee says looking down at his feet. “I try to be good daddy and I don't touch the white powder like she said.” Baylee says tears rolling down his cheeks. “Oh god Baylee I'm so sorry I didn't see it sooner. You don't have to worry about seeing Chris or that white powder ever again ok.” Brian said holding his son tightly. “Daddy?” Baylee asks. “Yes, sweetheart.” “Do you love uncle Aj like uncle Howie loves uncle Viggo?” Baylee asks looking up at his father. “What do you mean?” Brian asked wanting to know how much Baylee knew before he answered. “They hug and kiss and stuff like that.” Baylee says starting to play with his shoestrings. “Don't tell them I saw them kissing I was suppose to sleeping.” Baylee tells his dad. “How did it make you feel when you saw them kissing?” Brian ask. “Happy cause I know you kiss people with your mouth open when you really love them and you know they don't have cooties or germs, Uncle Howie and Uncle Viggo are happy and I want you and uncle Aj to be happy like them.” Baylee explains. “Yes I love uncle Aj like uncle Howie loves uncle Viggo.” Brian says smiling at his son. “I won't tell mommy cause she said it's wrong and that uncle Howie is going to the devil.” Baylee says. “Baylee, your mom doesn't want to be your mommy anymore ok so she won't be around anymore.” Brian said hoping his son understood. “YAY!” Baylee said before hoping off the couch and running outside to the pool where Aj was laying on a float. “Come get me!” Baylee calls out to Aj. “Go tell daddy to change you into your swim trunks first then I'll come get you.” Aj calls. Baylee turns and does as he's told. Brian changes his clothes as well and picks Baylee up and runs and jumps in the pool holding on to his son tightly. They play in the pool for a while. Baylee gets out of the pool to go pee cause it's not nice to pee in the pool, when he comes back out he looks at his daddy and uncle AJ and sees how happy his daddy is. This is what a family is supposed to look like Baylee thought to himself. He calls for someone to come get him from the edge of the pool and smiles brightly when they start to race to get to him first. The child giggled as they play fought over him ending with a kiss on each cheek from both of them.