- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's chapter two Hope you like it. Please read and review.
Chapter Two. Secrets and Lies

Around 11:00 am the rest of the boys start arriving at Aj’s house, Kevin and Kristin being the first. Kevin walks in not bothering to knock, “We’re here!” Kevin yells from the living room. “I’ll be down in a sec you know what to do.” Aj calls from the bathroom. “Alright we’ll go make love on your pool table if that’s what you want.” Kevin says with a laugh. Kristin laughs and walks into the kitchen hoping maybe Aj has some edible food in the fridge. Aj comes downstairs. “Nobody get’s freaky on my pool table, but me old man.” Aj says flopping down on the couch next to Kevin. “Aj you knew we were all coming and yet you have no food.” Kristin states walking back into the living room. “I’d have food if you had married me instead of him pointing to Kevin.” He says with a smile

The next to arrive are Brian and Baylee “Hey guys you can start the party now that we’re here.” Brian says jokingly. Aj takes a deep breathe upon seeing Brian walk in with Baylee in his arms. “Party” Baylee says. Kevin gets up and goes over and starts tickling Baylee. “You wanna party huh little man.” He asks. Brian hands Baylee off to Kevin so they can play a little and walk over and puts his hands on Aj’s shoulders. “So do we have to order out or do you actually have food boner.” Brian asks smiling down at his friend. “We’re ordering out ‘cause he doesn’t have food.” Kristin says coming over and giving Brian a hug. “I do have food it’s just not in the cooked ready to eat form” They all laugh as Nick walks in. Baylee sees Nick and runs for him arms open “NICK.” The little boy screams. Nick throws his arms open and scream “BAYLEE” as he scoops the boy up and hugs him tightly. “Well it’s good to see he remembers you Frack seeing as how much you come over to play with him.” Brian says smiling at his best friend and son.

The last to arrive are Howie and Viggo, Viggo nervously waits for Howie to knock. Howie smiles over at his lover and opens the door pulling Viggo in with him. “Looks like we’re the last to arrive” Howie says more to himself then Viggo. “Yeah even I beat you and I’m rarely on time for anything.” Nick says walking over to Howie and hugging the man. “So who is this guy he looks familiar but I can’t place him” Nick says staring at Viggo. Howie pulls Viggo closer to him. “Um everyone this is.” He starts. “That’s Aragon.” Kristin says obviously star struck. Viggo blushes. “Yeah he is but his real name is Viggo Mortenson and he’s my boyfriend.” Howie says looking at everyone in the room trying to judge the reaction. “How long have you two been seeing each other?” Aj asks walking towards the couple. “Three months.” Viggo answers tighten his grip on Howie’s hand. “Three months and this is the first time I’ve met him? “ Aj says hurt evident in his voice. “J, You were the first to know I was seeing someone else.” Howie countered. “Save it Howard.” AJ says walking out of the room and out on to the back porch. “Well this is going to be a great get together.” Brian says with a sigh. “I’ll go talk to him.” Howie says walking towards the back door. “Like anyone else could or would even try.” Nick says looking at Kevin. “All I can say is I’m sorry ok.” Howie says sitting next to Aj in a chair. “I’m your best friend why did I have to meet him with everyone else?” Aj asks looking over at Howie tears in his eyes. “I don’t know what I was thinking but I wasn’t trying to hurt your feelings.” Howie says reaching over and rubbing Aj’s hand gently. “Is he good to you and don’t lie cause I’ll find out if he’s not. “Aj he’s so…I don’t have words to describe it.” “From now on when you have news I expect to be the first to know in the group or I’ll never speak to you again for like a month.” Aj says smiling. “Ok, are we good?” Howie asked smiling at his best friend. “For now” Aj says getting up and walking back in the house. Howie follows jumping on Aj’s back.

“So you guys good now?” Kevin asks seeing the friends reenter the house. “What is he talking about D?” Aj asks looking at Kevin like he sprouted a second head. “You know what the Dr. said about his mind going and coming J.” Howie says hoping off of Aj. “Well while you two were doing what ever it is you two do to fix yourselves we found the food that’s not in the cooked ready to eat form and decided to cook.” Kristin says holding up a spatula. “Well Brian’s got to do the Mac and Cheese.” Aj said smiling over at the man. “Hey my baby can make some good Mac and Cheese Aj” Kevin says pulling out a pot. “Aww that’s sweet baby but we all know B-rok is the king of Mac and Cheese.” Kristin says giving Kevin a kiss.

Nick forces a smile on his face. The very thought of food was making his stomach hurt. “I’ll just watch the masters work cause I know I’m not allowed in the kitchen.” He says from the couch. “Let’s play cars Nick” Baylee says pulling out two cars out of his pocket. “Ok” Nick says taking a car from the boy

“Alright you two come eat.” Brian said smiling at his best friend and son. “One more lap Frick then we’re coming.” Nick called not looking up from his race around the coffee table. “It’ll be a sad day when Nick comes to the realization that he’s not a kid.” Aj said loud enough for Nick to hear. The two friends finish there race and go into the bathroom to wash up and then go in and sit at the table. “Nick as much as you like to think you’re a kid you’re not being waited on today bro.” Kevin said handing him an empty plate. “That’s not fair Brian’s fixing Baylee’s plate why can’t one of you fix mine? Nick whined. “No whining at the table.” Howie said smiling over at the younger man. They all watch as Nick takes a tiny amount of all the food. “You feel alright Nicky?” Aj asked slightly concerned. “Yeah, why?” Nick asked looking up from his plate. “It’s just that you usually eat more than that.” Kevin commented. “Um I’m not that hungry.” Nick replied a light blush creeping to his cheeks. “Wow we might actually have leftovers for once.” Aj laughed winking at Nick to let him know he’s joking.
After lunch everyone gathers in the living room to relax and chat a little before leaving. Nick excuses himself and run upstairs to the bathroom barely making it in time. After a few minutes he comes back downstairs looking a little pale. “You sure you’re alright?” Kevin asked concerned. “Yeah, I guess something didn’t agree with me.

At around 7:30pm everyone starts getting ready to leave. Baylee telling Brian he wasn’t sleepy while barely being able to hold his little head up.” Nick stay tonight wif me.” Baylee asked between yawns. “You have to ask your daddy if I can buddy.” Nick says tweaking the boy’s nose. “Daddy Nick can stay the night?” he asked letting his head flop down on his daddy’s shoulder. “Maybe tomorrow night when you’re not so sleepy that way you can stay up and play ok baby.” Brian says to the half asleep child in his arms. “Ok daddy.” Baylee replies before falling asleep. “So Aj you’re still coming over tomorrow right?” Howie asked. “Yeah tomorrow is BF Day right.” Aj questioned. “Yep” Howie confirmed. Everyone leaves and heads back to their homes.