- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here chapter Five I hope you like it.
I guess I should tell you that I don't know any of the guys. Nor do I know Viggo.
Chapter 5 Emergency.

“Brian it’s me Kevin come down to the hospital Nick’s hurt.” Kevin said his voice shaking with emotion. Brian jumped out of bed and headed down the hall to Aj’s room only to be met in the hall. “Kristin is on her way over to stay with Bay.” Aj tells him getting dressed. Both men jumped when the door bell rang. Brian let Aj get the door while he threw his clothes on. “Do you know what happened?” Aj asked a clearly upset Kristin. “We think he tried to kill himself.” She said breaking into tear. “Not Frack, he wouldn’t do that.” Brian said in disbelief. The two backstreet boys left for the hospital silently praying for their friend and band mate. “May I help you?” A nurse asked them as they arrived. “Carter?” Aj asked. She takes the two men to a waiting room where Kevin, Howie , Viggo and Aaron Carter were waiting. Brian rushed into his cousins arms needing the support. Viggo looked up and saw Aj walk into the room and stepped back a little allowing the friends to hug and comfort each other. “How could he do this?” Brian asked through tears. No one answered. “He’s been a little down lately but I didn’t think it was that bad.” Aaron said in between sobs. “He could have called me and he knows that.” Brian said a little angry. “He can call any of us Bri. he knows we’re here for him.” Aj said reaching out to the man. All they could do was wait for the doctors to come out.

After several hours the doctor came out. “Carter family?” “Yes” Kevin said standing up. “How is he, is he going to be alright?” Brian asked hoping for the best. “Well Mr. Carter is in serious condition, he lost a lot of blood, he‘s lucky to be alive.” The doctor said taking off his glasses rubbing his eyes. “We were able to stop the bleeding and repair the damage. We had to give him three pints of blood just to stabilize him.” The doctor explained. “But he’s going to be ok?” Kevin asked. “He should make a full recovery.” The doctor said. “Thank you so much.” Aaron said shaking the doctor’s hand.

“When can we go see him?” Aj asked. “He should be awake enough for a few minutes of visiting in about ten minutes but don’t stay to long.” The doctor says before leaving. “I’m going to kill him when he’s better, pulling a stunt like this..” Howie says looking at his friends and boyfriend. “Not before I do.” Kevin says. “Save some for the rest of us.” Aj says. “Why would he want to hurt himself was he dating anyone or anything.” Aaron asked looking at Brian figuring if anyone knew why his brother would do such a thing it would be him. “I don’t think so if he was he didn’t mention it to me.” Brian says shaking his head. Ten minutes later they are walking towards his room. Kevin pushes open the door. “Nicky?” He says softly not wanting to wake him if he was sleeping but wanting the boy to know they were coming in. “Hey , come on in.” Nick said smiling sadly. They all walked in except for Viggo he didn’t feel it would be right going in to see the young man whom he’d only met a two days before. “You ok Kaos?” Howie asked. “Yeah, I’m sorry you guys had to come all the way out here in the middle of the night for this nonsense.” Nick replied. “You’re not nonsense Nicky, we love you and would do anything in the world to help you, and you know that right?” Aj asked looking at the young man. “Yeah I know.” Nick said quietly. “Why Frack why would you do this?” Brian said his voice cracking with emotions. “I wasn’t trying to kill myself, I just cut a little too deeply no big deal” Nick said nonchalantly. “Do you guys mind if I talk to Nick alone for a moment?” Kevin asked. Everyone agreed to leave after making sure it was ok with Nick. “How long?” Kevin asked. “About a year.” Nick replied softly not looking at the older man. “Why? I mean why hurt yourself?” Kevin asked taking Nicks hand gently in his. “I’m not like you and the rest of the guys” Nick said looking away from Kevin. “How so baby tell me what you mean.” Kevin said stroking Nick’s hands with his. “I’m not thin , or beautiful like you and the guys ok Kev, and no matter what I do I keep gaining weight. Nick said tears streaming down his face. “Nobody expects you to be thin.” Kevin says reassuringly. “Yes they do, the fans expect me to have a six pack like you.” Nick said looking down at his body. “How does cutting play into all this Nicky?” Kevin asked needing to understand. “When I overeat I cut myself as punishment.” Nick explained. “Punishment? Nick you’re human you’re suppose to eat.” Kevin said fighting to stay calm. “Not as much as I do, I mean I can eat a large pizza by myself with no problems Kev.” Nick says upset. “I think I’m going to check myself into a help center for the obese.” Nick tells his friend. “Please don’t do that Nicky, Let us help you. Kevin asks. “How you guys can’t be around me 24/7 you have your own lives to live.” Nick told Kevin. “You’re apart of our lives Nicky, please you can come stay with me and Kristin and I’ll help you with your issues.” Kevin pleaded. “I don’t want to be a burden to you and Kristin.” Nick said shaking his head. “You’re not a burden Nick you’re my lil brother. I’d do anything to help you.” Kevin said tears slowly falling down his face. “I don’t know Kev I mean I may need professional help.” Nick said looking up at the older man. “We can get you a counselor.” Kevin said reassuringly “Ok but I don’t want you guys to stop living your lives because I’m sick..and don’t try telling me I’m not sick I know I am.” Nick said in tears. “We won’t I promise bro.” Kevin said kissing the man on the lips lightly.

After their talk Kevin brought the rest of the guys in so that Nick could tell them what was going on. “I’ve been struggling with my weight for years you guys know that but what you don’t know is that I’ve also been hurting myself. I cut myself as punishment for over eating. This time I just cut to deep and in the wrong place. But with Kevin’s help and some counseling I’m going to get over this.” Nick explained to his shocked friends and family. “What about the rest of us how can we help?” Brian asked looking at his best friend. “You guys can help by not judging me and supporting me. I’m human so I’m going to mess up sometimes.” Nick said watching the reactions. “You’re human? When did this happen? Aj said trying to lighten the air. The nurse walks in telling the group they have to leave. “Can Brian stay?” Nick asked sheepishly. “Of course I’ll stay.” Brian said looking over at Aj. “I’ll take care of the rugrat till you get home.” Aj said smiling. They said good bye to Nick and promised to come back to see him later. Nick turned to his best friend. “So you’re staying with Aj?” “Yeah um me and Leighanne had a fight and I went to his house.” “Does he know?”