- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
All right here's the prologue, it's kind of short but it's a prologue, the upcoming chapters will be much longer! Enjoy and tell me what you think!
Kisses Don't Lie

Prologue: Pick Up Lines



Kellie looked around the bar seeing some familiar patrons. Sighing to herself she filled yet another order for the drunken masses. She glanced to her right and noticed a familiar blonde mop of hair. She smiled a little and went over to that side figuring that it was Nick. She surprised herself when she laid eyes on his younger brother.



“Aren’t you supposed to be at the prom?” She asked getting his attention.



Aaron turned around and smirked at her, “Very funny Kellie. I’m actually just out with some friends. I didn’t know that you worked here.” He stated checking her out a little.



Kellie smirked back at him knowing he was checking her out. “So since you’re under aged for drinking how’d you get in?”



He looked at her and laughed a little, “You’re kidding right? We are still in Los Angeles? Hollywood…land of celebrities and decadence right?” He joked with her.



She rolled her eyes, “God you sound like…”



“Do not say Nick…” Aaron interjected.



Kellie giggled a little, “Actually I was going to say Ali. You know you’re future sister-in-law.”



Aaron sighed in relief; he really, really hated being compared to his brother. On one hand it was a compliment since Nick was a star and a good guy but on the other it was like a slap in the face as if to say ‘hey we can’t tell you apart from your sibling so you have no identity’. And that was the part that hurt the most, like he had no individuality aside from his famous sibling. “Thanks most people compare me to…”



“To him I know. But you’re not him and despite the family resemblance you’re two completely different people.” Kellie interrupted giving him a warm grin that made him smile back.



He’d always noticed how beautiful Kellie was. She was one of those classic California types of beautiful. Natural blonde hair, sun-kissed skin, not supermodel thin but athletic…almost a surfer’s body. Without thinking twice he asked, “What are you doing tomorrow night?”



Kellie got a shocked expression on her face, “Uhh, why do you ask?”



“Because I’d like to take you out to dinner.”



Kellie shifted nervously for a second debating if that was such a good idea. Going on a date with one of her friend’s younger siblings, especially after what had happened two months before between Ali, herself, and Nick. True it was one night but it would have lasting repercussions on anything that may happen with Aaron. Kellie mentally slapped herself for that one, what would one date do?



“Sure, pick me up at 7?” She replied with a smile giving him directions to her apartment.