- Text Size +
“Contributions of Dilemma”

**~Chapter Twenty-nine- Fuel for the Fire-~**

The large black van pulls up into the long street that CAPPA have surrounding the small community around it. CAPPA had many scattered buildings, similar to what a college campus might have. It was their own little world and the people within it understood it- along with the rules and regulations it carried. A young man parks the black van encompassed with the ten bodies of the experiments along with two doctors and an intern. The bodies where left drugged in the forest upon the sudden attack that the soldiers sprung on them only an hour ago. The group had managed to cover about twenty miles away from CAPPA, but no one can escape what Cyrus and Steeles had planned.

The van doors in the back fling open by one of the soldier’s as Cyrus clamps his hands together in glee.

“Unbelievable. To think the plan worked just like I thought it would. Quick, call Steeles. He must arrive here immediately. Tell him, his ice princess is waiting for him patiently.” Cyrus states, his ice cold dark orbs stare at the masses of sleeping bodies crumpled in the back of the van. “Take them out now. Line them up. Steeles would want to get a good look at the other experiment that had almost defeated us before hand.”

The young soldier salutes Cyrus, “Yes sir.” And quickly scampers off to call Steeles on a phone. The red headed soldier that had talked with Cyrus before in his office appears and him along with two other soldiers begin to take the sleepy bodies out of the van.

Cyrus smiles and inhales deeply, breathing in the scent of victory. Suddenly a young solider- the one sent to make the call- came back smiling stating that Steeles was already on his way here. “Said he’s about fifteen minutes away from here. So you can bet he’s excited.”

Cyrus smirks and pats the young soldier’s shoulder, “Very good. This is turning out to be excellent. Look at that.” He states tauntingly, pointing his finger at the sleeping young woman with the ice power. “All that talk and no action. She’s sleeping like a baby just like the others. It’s a pity too, she could have been a great source for these powers that she has.”

The red haired soldier smirks and eyes the young woman carefully, he takes in her every curve with each stare. “She’s pretty. In fact all those girls are beautiful.”

Cyrus smiles, “I tend to have good taste for my victims.” He cackles softly, running his hands gently through his black grey stained hair.

The three young soldiers empty the van and place the thirteen bodies on the concrete street. Each body was laid on their back, about a few centimeters apart from one another.

Cyrus claps his hands excitedly, staring at each slumbering body. He hears a vehicle pull up across from the CAPPA van, as Steeles leaps out of the car and rushes over to see the thirteen sleeping bodies.

“My goodness, this is it! You’re a genius Cyrus! I thought for sure they would have gotten out of our grasp.” Steeles states happily.

“Never doubt Steeles. See miracles happen everyday. And this just proves it.” Cyrus says with a grin upon his face.

“Well Cyrus, I see my Ana is here. How tempting it is to grab her and take her with me. But like you said, we’ll need all of them, for we don’t know which five can open the keys to maintain power and ruling. I must admit Cyrus you have me amazed.” Steeles states as he walks and kneels over Ana and Summer. “So how long will be they be out from the drugs?”

Cyrus rolls his eyes and checks the watch on his wrist, “For another fifteen minutes and then they’ll begin to stir. So I suggest you begin the spell now if you want to attempt to pull this off.”

Steeles nods and runs back to his black vehicle, taking out a stick of chalk and a small round white candle. “Give me a minute to draw the figure and we’ll place the bodies along it.”

Cyrus yawns and taps his feet calmly watching Steeles draw something on the black concrete. Cyrus walks over and decides to help Steeles out not noting that someone was awake from the group.
~*~

His eyes snap open as he dizzily stares up at the black sky. Nick tries moving his head, but felt it weigh a ton and the headache that brought up with it, reminded him of the power of the tranquilizer. Nick eyes the others and sees them still in deep sleep. He feels the cold wet pavement beneath him as he tries to move his hands to grab for anything. He feels the rough graveled cement under his hands as he continues to search for something to hold on to. His ears perked at the familiar voices of Steeles and Cyrus.

“They didn’t die.” Nick whispers shakily as his eyes roll around and his vision is still trying to adjust to the sudden images around him. He hears Brian grumbling and wince in pain as he opens his sapphire eyes to the new scenery before him.

“Nick.” Brian says in a throaty whisper.

“I’m here B. What happened to us?” Nick whispers quietly, hoping to not be caught by any nearby soldiers running around engulfed in their own conversations.

“Don’t know. Hurts, pain in head.” Brain states as the drugs mess with his speech.

“I know. Same here. Can’t get up yet. Too drugged out to do.” Nick whispers turning his head painfully to see Brian lying on the rough ground besides him.

“We have to save them. We have to get out.” Brian chokes out in a whisper, his speech a blur and struggle for him still.

Nick nods his head, “Stee, Steeles. Still alive.” Nick whispers frantically, trying to raise his arm to point to the man drawing something on the concrete a few feet away from them.

Brian curls his hands into a fist, “No.”

“Yeah.” A.J. answered, his eyes straining to open. “Man, what did they put in this one? I feel high off this.”

A.J. hears Kevin stifle a laugh, as he struggles to open his eyes, “Figured, you feel high.”

Nick smiles as Brian tries to grin in pain. Suddenly he sees about four soldiers coming up to Nick and him. Two grab Nick and the other two grab Brian. Nick and Brian are slowly dragged over to Cyrus and Steeles. Nick trips over his feet and couldn’t yet find his balance due to the heavy drugs imbedded within his system. The two young soldiers, roughly grab him and allows Nick to collapse in between their arms as they drag him to Cyrus. Brian is also dragged by two other soldiers as he tries to walk and fails as well.

A.J. and Kevin watch frozen in fear as they try to fight to get control of their bodies. They stare from the ground they’re lying on and attempt to sit up when a wave of nausea and dizziness hit A.J. hard in the chest. He feels Kevin’s palm on his chest, as his friend whispers to relax and try to take things slowly. A.J. gulps, his throat too dry to speak loud to Cyrus and Steeles. He sees the soldiers place a sleepy Nick and Brian in the large chalked drawn circle a few feet away.

“Don’t start trouble J.” Kevin whispers, as he tries to sit up but stops midway when a wave of nausea struck him.

A.J. whispers slowly, the drugs slowing his speech, “Need to help them now.” He sits up and wraps his arms around his drawn knees. He gazes over to see Howie still drugged out from the tranquilizers. “Kev. Howie’s hurt. Blood from head. Someone hit him. Need to get revenge on them.”

Kevin sits up on his elbows and swallows hard as his emerald eyes cloud in confusion. “We will. Stay here first. Mad they get and hurt us more.” He says slowly as he tries to adjust to the environment. “Feel pain. Hurts bad on head.”

“This sucks Kev.” A.J. states as he noted that the soldiers were on their way back to get them.

“I stop them.” A.J. states, his brown eyes a muddy color in confusion and pain.

Kevin watches and whispers no but A.J. doesn’t take note and raises his hand in front of him, sending the four oncoming soldiers flying off the ground and crashing painfully to the ground. A.J. keeps his palms open and stretches out his arms in front of him. Kevin watches in dismay as A.J.’s powers have grown to its full potential. He watches as the four soldiers were invisibly picked up and slammed hard onto the concrete pavement. This was done five times before the soldiers cry out a painstaking yell. Their deformed and broken limbs break away from their bodies flooding the once clean grey concrete with its crimson ocean. The four bodies were slammed so hard that the limbs broke away from the torso as their screams were drowned out by the yelling of the horrified soldiers running nearby to see this. Cyrus and Steeles stun at the images, scream out orders to stop A.J. and bring him to the drawn circle now.

“They’re mad now. Told you to stop.” Kevin whispers dizzily.

A.J. smiles a drunken smile and nods his head, “They started.” As two armed soldiers yell and grab A.J. roughly, bringing him to Cyrus and Steeles.

Kevin yawns and is lifted up by two other soldiers who drag his drugged weary body over to join the others.

Paige opens her grey blue eyes and like the guys, feels the dizziness and such. She along with Rose, Kimberly and Alison, watch in confusion at the drama that lied before them.

“What’s happening?” Alison croaks out, her coffee eyes stroll around the dark sky as she tries to sit up.

Kimberly sits up too fast for her body and she begins gagging suddenly, her brown locks lie in a tangle over her shoulders and she tries to brush back some strands over her shoulders.

“Easy there.” Paige whispers, her dry throat making it hard to speak properly. The effects of the drugs made her blink in and out of consciousness and it disturbed her to know what exactly could have been injected into their bodies.

Rose slowly sits up and her sapphire orbs scan the scenery in confusion. She sees Ana and Howie lying next to her on the ground. “They bleeding. Hurt.” Her slow speech comes out as she tries to lean over Ana to see if she was awake.

Jamelet and Summer snap open their eyes and immediately sit up, feeling the throbbing and painful nausea on their chest. Jamelet leans near Howie and shakes her head sadly as Summer gags and stares at the scenery of the four soldiers bodies, its dismembered limbs strewn across the pavement.

“Trouble.” Jamelet whispers, the drugs affecting her speech.

Summer gazes wearily and dizzily as a group of armed soldiers make their way over to them. She hears Natalie sit up and gulping for fresh air.

Natalie looks around the area in fright as she feels the nausea rise within her chest. Her dark brown locks stick to the cold sweat on her forehead as she places a hand over her heart. “Too much. They put too much.”

Jamelet dizzily stares at Natalie and responses, “What?”

“Drugs. Too much. We can’t do things right. Body not used to this.” Natalie whispers softly, her vision blurry and spinning.

Jamelet takes a deep breath and watches in interest at what Cyrus and Steeles are planning to do. “Not dead.” She whispers weakly.

The other girls nod slowly and watch in horror at the two supposed dead enemies. Alison squeaks out, “Ana, Howie. Hurt too much. Bleeding. Head.”

Summer stares at Ana and lets out a sigh, “I feel bad. Sick. What they put in us?”

“Drugs, too much put in tranquilizers. Get us knocked out and immobile.” Natalie says, her head spinning with visions before her.

“Will they hurt them?” Alison asks, struggling to see the four men placed in the chalked drawn circle a few feet away.

Kimberly nods her head and trying to sit up right, leans over and regurgitates the little food she had managed to eat a few hours before.

Suddenly two soldiers pointing their weapons at Kimberly, grabs the ill girl to join the men on the drawn circle. Paige and Alison watch as they were grabbed brutally by two other armed soldiers. Rose looks at Jamelet and throws her arms around her shoulders, ‘Don’t let them get me. No. Don’t wanna go.” She pleads slowly, the drugs still in her body.

Jamelet smiles and leans her dizzy head on Rose’s forehead, “No more hurt. We leave now. You see.”

Rose looks at her confused as a soldier grabs her swiftly and drags Rose away to join the others. Summer and Natalie watch in fear as the guys and girls were told to lie a certain way on the drawn circle.

Natalie smiles, “They stupid. Just a story. Not real. They think they get power.” She says slowly as the dizziness overcomes her for a minute.

Summer feels the warm breeze ruffle her blonde tresses over her shoulders, “Trouble now?”

Jamelet nods her head softly, “Yeah. Watch.”
~*~

Nick was told to lie on the rectangle shape inside the drawn circle as he lies on his back; he began to regain more control as the drugs began wearing away. Smiling, it was time to really show the company who they were messing with. When Cyrus and Steeles turn their back for a minute, Nick stands up and his eyes begin glowing as a burning rush floods within his arms. Raising his arms in front of him, he releases a large fireball crashing into both of the men. The fire begins eating away at Cyrus and Steeles as the flames engulf the screaming two who tried desperately rolling on the ground to take out the flames. Somehow, the fire never let up on them as the bright orange and red flames continue to eat away at Steeles and Cyrus. Instead of Nick feeling normally tired after such a thing, he seems fueled up and more stronger than before. Spreading out his hands, he touches the ground and the fire spreads out and trails back to Cyrus and Steeles who after screaming suddenly stops and the smell of burnt flesh filters the atmosphere.

An army of armed CAPPA soldiers surround Nick and tells him to stop before they shoot. Brian stands up and waving his hands before his face, he blows out a stream of smoke or rather poisonous gas that infiltrates the soldiers flesh and causes them to scream out in panic. The smoke embeds the soldiers flesh causing them to burn from the inside. Nick eyes the CAPPA building in front of him and in his rage that he held for the longest against what this institution had done to him, he spreads out his arms and a tornado of hot molten fire from within the ground covers the metal building along with the many employers in it.

The ground begins shaking, as Kimberly stands up spreading her arms and taking lives along with it as the earth quake swallows some fleeing soldiers. Bullets spray around her but not one touched her as the rapid metal brushes pass her ears and body.

Kevin stands up and feeling his power reaching the fullest potential, he feels the energy burning within him as red and black lasers illuminate his body and shoot out, striking any nearby soldiers dead by slicing them to pieces. Torn flesh and body parts lies littered on the ground as Kevin walks heavily near the burning CAPPA building.

Summer watching all this in dismay struggles to stand up and help the other two on their feet. Dizzily with the drugs still in their bodies, they make their way to hide away from all the disaster that is happening.

Jamelet, Natalie and Summer watch all this in terror as they hide out away from the mess behind a CAPPA van.

Rose stands up from the drawn circle and a sinister smile crawls on her face as sharp winds shoot out of her hands and tear any unfortunate soldier standing around her to pieces. The wind shapes into a sharp blade before slamming into oncoming shooting soldiers: cutting off the limbs from the soldiers. The dark red blood splashes all around her, dripping onto her hair and trickling down her arms and face.

Paige stands up, her full power now emerging, raising her hands towards the sky, a large rush of ocean water crashes down from the clouds, slamming into soldiers- dragging them and drowning it in its cold liquid grip. The water slams some running screaming CAPPA soldiers and cuts their bodies, the dark blue now tinges with red. Paige full of energy, smiles and walks away to joining the others in the group. The large ocean swarmed with death and decay as it travels and trails down a hill to join a river bank nearby.

Alison races over to Jamelet and screams out in horror. Her death defying screams, reach the ears of some soldiers as her yells seep into their ears and explode their minds, the grey matter seeping out of their ears as they drop dead on the ground. Jamelet, Summer and Natalie watch the horrid action as the young girl reaches them, shaking in fear.

“Oh God. What did I do?” Alison cries out, her soft tears staining her precious face. Summer embraces the young girl as Jamelet and Natalie watch on to see what else the group had planned. It seemed that almost everyone had reached their potential powers all except Ana and Howie who were still knocked out from the stun blow to their heads. Natalie and Jamelet drag Howie and Ana over to them near the van, in hopes that they can soon wake up. Suddenly Howie snaps open his eyes and since the drugs had already worn off from him, only the slight concussion remained from the blow to his head earlier. He stands up in shock staring around the area and looking at the fearful girls. Summer immediately filled him in on what happened and what the guys just did. Surprised, Howie stumbles back and runs his fingers nervously through his hair.

“So I guess I should have mines now then right?” Howie asks, taking a deep breath.

“Yeah, but I don’t know if it’s a good idea since you hurt your head.” Jamelet states over the screaming of the soldiers.

Howie smiles and rubs his hands excitedly, “It’s ok. I’m up to some fun. I can handle it.”

Summer smiles and pats Howie’s shoulder, “Well ok then. Just you be careful ok.”

Howie gazes at Natalie and she blushes a bit, “Um, same here. Just be safe ok. It’s dangerous out there.”

Howie hugs her and Jamelet and squeezes Summer’s small hands tenderly before running into the night.

“Good luck Howie.” Jamelet whispers as she signs and watches the destruction around her.

Summer and Natalie stand next to her as they all stare at the bloody massacre the night has brought.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**