- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This story is going to be written differently then the others. I hope you all still enjoy the story being told.
After the Creator was brought to her end, no vampire was safe from those that would choose to hunt them. It was at this time I looked into the history of the illustrious leader. She alone had the most prophecies written about her, yet the one she feared the most was the one she would do nothing about and it happened only a few nights ago.

I came just in time to honor the burial of Antigone, yes I was one of the few who had the knowledge of her true name, don’t let the lesser vampires tell you her name was Victoria, it was merely a name she chose to be more modern. We buried her in her garden and marked her grave; I found her mother’s marker in the center of the garden among a pile of ash and stuck it in the ground next to hers.

I chose to stay in the house to keep those that would loot away. Every night I found something new to delight my senses. Original texts, hundreds of years old were in here library, paintings from great masters and some less known hung on her walls. Her private chambers were adorned with paintings by Alexander, the selfish traitor who wanted an end to a life he could no longer paint, more like he never became famous enough for his liking. I even found some poetry written by Howard, no doubt written for Nickolas but played off for Antigone.

Then one night I found this journal written in Antigone’s own hand. She wrote her own story, I no longer needed to search for answers she gave them all to me, complete with all her thoughts on even me. The last chapter is all that remains unfinished, but I shall do my best to fill in the pieces when the time comes.

Please set aside any other ideas you have of Antigone and let her own words guide you through her life.


Signed,

Victor Reese