- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own the TMNT even though I would like to. However, I do own the character not covered by TMNT.
A lone figure stood on a roof. His muscles were well defined as the rain pounded on his greenish body. Slowly, the rain slid down his dark brown shell. He looked out towards the city and sighed. The rain outlined the muscles of his body as he stood there. His eyes were dark and mysterious, not letting any emotion show.

When he gets back, I'm going to kill him, thought the figure as he stood on the roof, scanning the city. Soon, he jumped a few roofs and stopped. He looked around quickly. The tails of his blue mask sprayed the water that it couldn't soak in when he quickly moved his head.

God Raph, why do you have to be so damn stubborn, he wondered as he looked around. It had been a bit more than five hours since he had seen Raph. He knew Raph was able to take care of himself but he still had his doubts.

Master Splinter told him not to worry about Raph but he couldn't help it. It was who he was, well, kind of. He always had to be the responsible, perfect, fearless Leonardo that they all thought him to be. There was never an escape for him. Rarely was he able to get opportunities to spend time alone.

Oh how he envied his brother. No one cared when Raph went out but did they care if he went out? Of course they did. It was 'uncharacteristic' of a 'great' leader. He hated it. He hated it with a passion. Why did he have to get the title of leader? Why not Raph? Why not the middle child?

Leo sighed. Am I doomed to live my life this way, thought Leo to himself. He looked up at the sky, as if the dark, cloudy sky would have his answer. He knew it wouldn't. He knew he probably was going to be stuck with this unwanted role all of his life.

He looked down at the street below him. There he saw a couple with a little child playing in the puddles. Leo laughed at the child. It reminded him of himself when he was a child sixteen years ago. A woman took the child by the hand and led him out of the rain and into shelter while waiting for a bus. She walked over to the man in the shelter also and kissed him. Leo looked away from the family.

Damn it, I can only look at these families from afar and never have one of my own, thought Leo. He was twenty-one and lonely. He only wanted companionship, the type that his brothers or Master Splinter could never give him. He sighed.

He looked around again and decided to give up on his search for his brother. He was probably okay but that wasn't the real reason he went out to look for him. He was really looking for him to possibly hang out, something the two of them never did.

He looked down at the ground again and saw another family come into the bus shelter with the other family. The two children began to play together, showing that they obviously knew each other, possibly from school.

Leo sighed. He remembered the days him and Raph were best friends and inseparatable. They would never do anything without the other. It wasn't until the ninja training started to pull them apart and Leo began to grow up quickly and Raph was left in Leo's dust in the race to grow up. While Raph enjoyed a carefree childhood, Leo began to grow up quickly, feeling he was too old for childish games. Raph and Leo tried to maintain their relationship but it was gone by the time they had turned 12. Leo cursed his training for that but never really did anything to save what was left. He was sure his lectures that were left to him to give weren't helping any.

"Leo?" said a voice.

Leo groaned as he knew who was calling him on his 'shell cell.' He took it out of his belt and opened it up.

"What's up, Don?" asked Leo.

"Master Splinter wants you and Raph back," said Don.

"Got it. I'll be back soon," said Leo.

He folded up his cell phone again and placed it back in his belt. He softly sighed. Back to my wretched job, thought Leo to himself. He turned and started to do the roof jumping that he had enjoyed. He jumped down into an ally to the nearest manhole cover. It wasn't the same one he had come out of but he knew being hidden was his best bet.

He slowly and quietly pulled the manhole cover away, exposing the sewers under the streets. He was about to climb in until he heard something. It had sounded like a groan of pain and unconsciousness, a woman's groan to be exact. He walked over to the dumpster where the sound seemed to be coming from. He peered in. His eyes widened at the sight of what he saw.