- Text Size +
He couldn't believe how badly he screwed it up again. He liked Callista but he had no idea how to tell her. Times, the talk that night went horribly. He couldn't believe how bad it went. First he started stuttering and then Mikey came along and dragged Callista away from him. He was ready to kill Mikey for it. After Callista and Mikey walked off, Leo went to his room.

Leo took out a piece of paper and began to draw like a mad man (or turtle). He pored all of his feelings in the drawing. He started out by sketching a female turtle figure. He drew her with the greatest of ease. He knew every detail on her body by heart which he spared no expense adding. Then he drew another figure. This one was slightly less muscular than he was but still was taller than her, holding her hand. The male turtle was leading her away from something. Then his attention went to the next figure, himself. He sketched himself with the look of sheer sadness on his face as he stayed in the shadow. Then his attention went to the background. He sighed as he began to draw more of the background.

Leo was so annoyed at himself that he didn't even hear someone enter his room. The figure walked in not even detected by Leo which was normally unusual. God, he must be taking it hard, thought the figure as it walked even closer to Leo. He watched as his brother drew quickly but making the drawing look as lifelike as possible. Once Leo placed the pencil down, the figure put a reptilian hand on Leo's shoulder, causing Leo to jump in surprise.

Leo whipped around quickly to see Raph. Raph looked rather nervous when Leo turned. Leo let out a sigh of relief.

"God, Raph, don't do that," said Leo.

"Sorry, bro. I came to see how you were taking the news between Calli and Mikey," said Raph.

"What news?" asked Leo.

"After I put her down nicely, she ran to Mikey and well, now they're together," said Raph calmly.

Leo put his head down and turned back to his drawing. He sighed and continued to shade in the shadows. He didn't even notice his brother looking over his shoulder as Leo continued to add the last details.

"I never knew you were able to draw like this," said Raph, softly.

"I don't show it. Don't you dare mention them or I'll have to kill you," said Leo dryly.

"Look, Leo, I know you liked Calli but it's her decision," said Raph.

"I told you there was nothing between us," said Leo.

Raph sighed. He knew that Leo was not in the mood to talk. Raph looked at his older brother before sighing and deciding to leave for a while.

"Leo, ya know where I am if ya need to talk," said Raph as he backed up slowly.

No answer came from the worker at the desk. His drawing was sucking him into the void of emptiness. Once Raph left, Leo sharpened his pencil. He looked at the picture of Michelangelo and Callista. He took his pencil and looked at the bottom of the drawing. A white place at the bottom of the page showed.

He wanted to write something more. First, he started to write it in Japanese but then he erased the kanji and began to write in English. He knew his hand writing wasn't the neatest but it was okay to him. He wrote the words 'What I never can or will have.'