- Text Size +
Mikey and Callista had been together for a month. It slowly killed Leo to see them together but at the same time, he was quite happy for them both. He hid all of his feelings inside until he either got to his room or got outside the lair and went for a sprint with or without Raph. He hated to see them together but he couldn't exactly tell Mikey that he didn't like the fact Callista and he were seeing each other. He kept everything hidden.

Master Splinter thought that Callista was the best thing for Mikey. She was his main source of motivation to get up in the morning and practice. The only thing that worried Master Splinter was the fact that she was very reluctant to be with him. She wouldn't be with him unless the rest of the family was there too. He wondered if it had to do with her mysterious past that she never talked about. He couldn't force her to talk but he could only offer an open ear to her.

Callista was having problems of her own. She continually had nightmares at night. Most of the time, Mikey ran in to make sure she was okay but she would push him away from her, not wishing to see him until the morning.

Every night, Leo would get out of bed and stand outside the door and watch her, afraid to go inside in fear of causing problems between him and his younger brother. He couldn't comfort her in his opinion. Leo would sigh and ask himself, 'what would she ever want me for? She's got Mikey, the funny one.'

Soon, things go so bad that she wouldn't allow Mikey to see her at night to calm her down or in the morning. As usual, Leo was outside the room, looking in and seeing her cry. His heart broke as he watched her cry. He had no idea that he had actually been seen by her but never by Mikey.

"Leo? Please, come in here," said Callista.

Leo froze. He hesitated before entering her room late that night. He still stayed near the door if Mikey came in. He looked at her black eyes. She looked clearly upset. It broke his heart even more.

Callista got out of bed and walked over to him. She looked tired but frightened. Fear was written in her eyes. She walked over to Leo and hugged him. She didn't want to let go. There was too much pain for her.

"Calli, are you okay?" asked Leo in a worried voice.

Callista shook her head. She cried into Leo's shoulder as she thought about her past. She suddenly had a feeling. It was a feeling of someone tugging on her heart. She never had that feeling before but she kinda liked it. She only had the feeling when she was around one turtle and it wasn't Mikey.

"Would you care to talk about what happens in these nightmares?" asked Leo softly.

Callista looked at Leo with her bloodshot eyes. They were red because of her tears. She closed them and rested her head on his shoulder. Although her action was barely noticeable, she shook her head slightly.

Leo gently picked her up into his arms, this time, taking in everything about her as he walked to her bed. She was so light to him. If he hadn't known any better, he would have said he was carrying a feather. Her tiny figure trembled as her tears fell. He soon placed her on the bed and pulled up the blankets around her.

"Leo, could you stay with me tonight?" asked Callista.

Leo looked at her in shock. This was Mikey's girlfriend asking him to spend the night in her room. What if Mikey caught them? What if Master Splinter found out? These questions raced through his mind. A part of him cried out 'yes' but another part cried out 'no.' He had no idea what to do. He looked into her pleading eyes. He sighed silently to himself. God, she could make me do anything, thought Leo.

"Alright but I've gotta leave early I in the morning so no one finds out about this," Leo said in a soft voice.

Callista began to move to the other side of her bed.

"What are you doing?" asked Leo afraid he knew the answer.

"Making room for you. You're not going to sleep on the floor," said Callista.

Leo was hesitant. He was afraid of what would happen if Mikey ever found out about this. Would she tell him? If she did, should he deny it? He just didn't know what to do. He wanted to and she was welcoming him but his leader side wanted him not to do it for honor and team reasons.

The temptation was so great. Never had he felt temptation this strong. How he wanted to but his leader part of him was telling him no.

*Leo, honor! You know better! She's Mikey's girl. You know that if she was yours, she would be in danger 24/7!* said the leader side.

*Tell me something I don't know, you annoyance! You're the reason I'm miserable!* argued the REAL Leonardo.

*Grow up! Leo, you've got to make sacrifices for the team and you should know, love is the first thing on that list!* said the leader side.

*Shut up you damn teacher's pet! I've given up practically all of my life just for this freaking position! Hell, I even gave up my best friend! Now you're telling me to give up the one last thing that could possibly make me happy? I don't think so! You've only made my life miserable!* screamed the real Leonardo.

*Do what the hell you want but if you're caught by Michelangelo, don't come to me and tell me I was right! Besides, remember, you've never seem Michelangelo angry and I don't think you need him to hate you.* said the leader side.

"Callista, I can't. I don't want to hurt Mikey. He loves you," said Leo, as he gave in to the leader side of him.

I am such an idiot, thought Leo to himself. He wanted to join her. He was sure he would have if she didn't have Mikey. How he envied his brother. He wanted to be with her but he knew that it was more than likely that he would never have her.

Callista looked at Leo. She was disappointed. For some reason, she wanted him with her. Not Mikey. But Leonardo. She sighed, understanding why he was refusing her. She put her head down.

"I understand. You just don't wish to create tension between you and Mikey. If there was, you would blame yourself. I shouldn't have asked," said Callista softly.

Leo looked at her. He couldn't being himself to give in but, god, did he want to. He bowed to her and looked into her eyes.

"Good night, Callista," he said softly.

He turned and began to walk back to his room. He suddenly felt someone grab his arm. He turned to see Callista out of bed and holding his arm. He turned to her.

She looked at him lovingly before kissing his lips. She managed to shock Leo. It shocked her when she suddenly felt Leo return the kiss. She could feel his internal struggle as she kissed him. She loved the soft feel of his lips on hers. 'He's a better kisser than his brother,' thought Callista.

Leo pulled away reluctantly. He bowed again to her. He couldn't have her and he knew it.

"Good night, Callista," said Leo and he left the room.