- Text Size +
Leo, Raph, Mikey, and Don were practicing under the supervision of Master Splinter. The katas were done with such precision. In unison, they did the fluid movements, perfectly, carefully.

Callista walked up behind Master Splinter. She smiled at Mikey before smiling at Leo. She was affected from the events the night before. For some reason, she was no longer feeling like she was in love with Michelangelo. She felt she was in love with another turtle.

She watched everyone do the kata. First her eyes laid on Donatello. He moved fluidly only because he had done that kata so many times that he just didn't seem to care. Then there was Raphael. His movements were incredibly fluid. It was obvious that he had practiced more than two of his brothers but it seemed like he was trying desperately to out due his brother. Then she looked at her boyfriend, Michelangelo. His movements were slightly jerkier than his brothers but at the same time, they were fluid. Lastly, she watched Leonardo. His movements were practically perfect. He was so fluid with his movements.

Master Splinter looked at Callista and smiled. He could see the love in her eyes for one of his students. He watched her gaze pass from one student to the next, watching each one performing the kata. He noticed her gaze stop on Leonardo. 'Hmm, why would her gaze not go back to Michelangelo,' thought Master Splinter. He paid attention to the five turtles in the room with him. There was something which just wasn't right.

"Callista, may I speak to you after the boys complete their practice?" asked Master Splinter.

"Yes, Master Splinter," said Callista as she turned to him and bowed.

She turned her attention back to the guys and watched them carefully. She loved watching sparing the most. She loved the way she could compare their way of fighting to each other's through this way.

It wasn't long before the guys ended their practice. Leo continued to spar with Raph. Don went to his lab and Mikey ran over to Callista and hugged her. Leo looked over and ended up being taken down by Raph.

"Distracted by. . .umm," said Raph as he gestured over to Callista and Mikey.

Leo nodded weakly and got back up to his feet. 'Jeez, women are VERY confusing,' thought Leo. He got up and watched Mikey and Callista for a bit.

"Mikey, I've got to talk to Master Splinter. He requested to speak to me," said Callista.

"Don't keep Master Splinter waiting," said Mikey with his goofy grin.

Callista laughed and walked towards Master Splinter's study. She knocked softly as she wondered what it was that Master Splinter wished to her about. She was afraid that she knew but there was still the chance that he didn't.

"Come in, Callista," said Master Splinter.

Callista slowly walked in and closed the door behind her. She was obviously nervous. The guys rarely came in unless they were either in trouble or they needed his advice. The fact that she was asked to come in scared her.

"You wanted to speak to me, Master?" said Callista as she bowed shyly.

Master Splinter nodded and offered her a seat on a green pillow across him. She walked over to the pillow and kneeled down onto it, feeling the soft fleece on the skin of her legs.

"I noticed your gaze on my sons. It stopped at Leonardo and not Michelangelo. I was wondering if there was anything wrong," said Master Splinter.

Callista gulped. She knew there was no hiding anything from Master Splinter at this point in time. She was hoping to keep everything about the night before a secret. She didn't want to get him into trouble because of her.

"No, Master Splinter. There's nothing wrong but I just feel like I'm not in love with Michelangelo anymore," admitted Callista.

"What has brought about your change of mind?" asked Master Splinter.

"I don't know. The nightmares, I feel, pull me farther away from Mikey. I as much as I try, I cannot see him as a lover, not anymore," admitted Callista.

"And do you see Leonardo in that way?" asked Master Splinter.

"Yes, very much so. I feel so close to him. I know he loves me but he will not allow me nor him to hurt Mikey," admitted Callista

"How do you know that he loves you?" asked Master Splinter.

"I know I vowed never to tell anyone about this but his drawings, they're of me," said Callista as she thought of the most recent drawing that she had found on the floor of his room after finding he had fallen asleep at his desk.

"Drawings? Leonardo draws?" asked Master Splinter in disbelief.

"You did not know this? Master Splinter, it often makes me wonder if he is truly happy. I had found a picture that he had drawn over a month ago when Mikey first told me he loved me. It was of me and Mikey in a passionate embrace while Leonardo was in the shadows, almost crying. On the bottom of the drawing, he had written the words 'what will never be,'" explained Callista.

Master Splinter looked at Callista and nodded. He never knew how jealous his son was of his brother. Leonardo was the type who wouldn't allow anyone to see how he was really feeling. He then realized there were other changes in his eldest son since Callista had been brought home, such as Raphael and Leonardo being best friends once again.

"I had never known of this hidden jealousy of his brother," said Master Splinter in surprise but calmly.

"It's not just Mikey whom he has been jealous of. I have gone to the roof to retrieve Leo and Raph. They both would talk about how they envy the other, how they wish that they could of switched lives. Leo has said he feels honored that you blessed him with the honor of being leader but he feels stressed and wishes he had more time to be who he believes he should be. Raph envies Leo that you gave Leo more attention when they were young. Leo often times wishes he could be as reckless as Raph so that he could forget about the responsibility he's always faced with," said Callista, not sure how Master Splinter would take the news of his son.

"Leonardo has never expressed this to me," said Master Splinter, in shock.

"He's been afraid that if you knew, it would be a failure to him. He only wants to make you proud of him," said Callista.

Master Splinter nodded in response. He knew how true this was. He had indeed chosen Leonardo to lead his brothers but he never expected that teaching him at the age he had started would possibly prove to be the worst idea that he could possibly had. He looked at Callista. Could it have been that Leonardo was actually bottling up his emotions and not allowing them to show until Callista managed to bring them out? It was completely possible, after all, Leonardo did draw and he didn't know about that. His heart sank.

"Callista, what do you intend to do about your relationship?" asked Master Splinter.

"I was thinking about doing what the guys call breaking up with Mikey. I would like to still be his friend but I can never be his," said Callista.

"This has nothing to do with that kiss you and Leonardo shared the night before, does it?" asked Master Splinter.

Callista froze. Had he been watching them? She was now scared. She wished the earth would open underneath her and swallow her up.

"You know?" asked Callista in shock.

"Indeed I do, child. I heard your cries of fear and I walked to your room only to find Leonardo was already there comforting you," explained Master Splinter without emotion.

"I know I tempted Leo in a wrong way but, Mikey and my past. . . they just don't seem to mix," said Callista.

"What had happened to you in the past?" asked Master Splinter.

Callista began to cry as she thought of her original home. Painful memories filled her mind as she thought of her past.

"I was raped and nearly killed by my 'boyfriend.' Leo seems different from other male turtles I had known. I don't know why but I feel more complete with him," explained Callista as she let the tears roll freely down her face.

Master Splinter looked at her in shock. Never did he think that her pain was this deep. He knew that she feared his sons when she had first come to them thanks to Leonardo but he never knew what it was that had frightened her. Then he thought of other turtles. He never thought there were others like them.

"I am sorry. I had no idea that you had gone through this," apologized Master Splinter.

"It's okay. I know this still does not excuse my tempting your son but I do have feelings for him," admitted Callista.

Master Splinter sighed. He now knew more about his son than he cared to know. He knew his son was in love with the girlfriend of his brother's and she loved him in return. He didn't know what to do anymore. This was far beyond his knowledge.

"When do you intend to tell Michelangelo how you feel?" asked Master Splinter.

"I'm not sure. I think I may tell him soon. I'm afraid to say it but the boyfriend who raped me and nearly killed me was a lot like Mikey. I just hope he understands the pain I have gone through," said Callista, sadly.

Master Splinter nodded. He hoped the same as well. He didn't know how Mikey would react to this news but he knew that it would be hard.

"You are dismissed Callista but please remember, after telling Michelangelo your feelings, wait a while before pursuing your love for Leonardo. I do not think you wish to create tension between the two brothers," said Master Splinter.

"No. I do not. I will wait for a while before I do express my interest in Leonardo," agreed Callista.

Master Splinter nodded a satisfied nod. He knew her intensions were good and she would stick to her agreement. He watched as she got to her feet and bowed. 'She seems so perfect for my son if what she said was true,' thought Master Splinter. It wasn't that he didn't believe her; it was just that he knew he would have to read his son better.