- Text Size +
Callista cried on her bed. She didn't know if Leo would make it. It hurt her to see him like this. She wanted him awake, telling her it was okay. Her hot tears spilt down her face, slowly leaving their mark.

"Oh Leo, don't die," cried Callista softly into her pillow.

She wanted to tell him how she felt. She loved him, there was no more denying that. If he died, she wouldn't know what she would do. She wanted a part of him with her if he was going to die.

She got up and wiped her tears away. She wanted to see how Leo was. Slowly, she mustered up the courage to walk out the door and walk towards the lab where Donny was stitching Leo up.

"He looks like Frankenstein," said Mikey.

"Now is not the time, Mikey," scolded Raph as he hit Mikey upside the head.

"Shut up you two! This is delicate work," yelled Donny.

"Indeed, Donatello must concentrate if he is to do this correctly," said Master Splinter.

Callista gulped before walking in the rest of the way. Her steps were shaky as she walked in. She stopped between Mikey and Master Splinter. Her eyes were on Leo the whole time. She couldn't believe her own eyes when she saw him, his lifeless body, lying on the table.

Master Splinter looked at Callista. He knew she was hurting worse than his other sons. Never being in love himself, he couldn't tell her how to deal with it. He watched a tear escape her eye.

"Don, will he be okay?" asked Callista shakily.

"I don't know, Calli. To be the truth, I don't know if he'll survive the night. The Foot got to him pretty badly," said Don sadly as he looked up from working on Leo.

Callista fought herself to keep her tears in but she knew it was a loosing battle. She quickly turned and sprinted out of the room. She couldn't think of not having Leo around. She ran to Leo's room.

Slowly, she walked in and turned on the light. She looked around and saw the desk that she had always seen Leo at from day one. She made her way over to it, hoping there was a drawing that he accidentally left on the desk. Sure enough, there was.

It was of her again. This time, the picture seemed lighter. It was of her looking at a rose with her right hand gently touching the petals while her left hand held it, carefully avoiding the thorns. She focused in on every detail. It was so exact that it made her wonder how long Leo had been paying attention to her. Then she noticed his words on the bottom of the page, 'What I will never have.' She shook her head. She found the pencil he had used and an eraser. She smiled as she erased the word 'never.' Then she looked at the picture again.

"Defacing good art?" asked a voice.

Callista whipped around quickly, placing the sketch down. There in the doorway, stood Raph. She wasn't really afraid of Raph but it was times like this that he startled her. She looked at him in fear.

He walked in calmly and continued to walk towards the desk. He looked down at the picture which he had seen her change. Slowly, a smile crept across his face but relaxed a bit when he saw how scared Callista was.

"Aww, come on Calli, You know I'm not gonna hurt you," said Raph as softly as he could.

She relaxed with Raph's words. She looked at Leo's drawing. She loved the detail and everything. She still wasn't sure if Raph was mad at her.

"I'm not mad about the picture either," said Raph.

"Oh. I wasn't sure if you would be," said Callista.

Raph looked at the picture. He noticed the only thing changed was the word 'never.' He suddenly felt happy for his brother. He wanted him to wake up so he could run the piece of paper down to his brother and show him.

"I came to make sure you're okay," said Raph as he looked at Callista.

"Not really. What if Leo dies? What happens then?" asked Callista, hating to think about what could possibly happen.

"I don't know, Calli, but I promise you one thing, if Leo does die, I'll be kicking the Foot's asses from here to Hell," threatened Raph as he pulled Callista into a hug.

Callista hugged Raph. She remembered at one time, she wanted to be in those arms. She started to compare each of the brothers' embraces as she hugged Raph. Raph's embrace was strong but too strong for her liking. He didn't seem to put too much into the hug at all. Mikey's was too soft. He held her like he was afraid she would break. She felt protected but nothing like Leo's. Leo's was always strong, ready to protect as if something could happen at any time.

She wanted Leo. Oh how she wanted him. She missed him. She walked out of Raph's arms and sat on Leo's bed. She gripped his pillow and held it. She took in the smell of it. It had it sent on it.

"You love him, don't you," said Raph simply.

Callista nodded. She knew that she always had. She couldn't lie to Raph.

"He's always loved you, ya know," said Raph just as simply as before.

"I know. I've loved him for a while too but never told him. That's why he needs to pull through. He has to know," cried Callista as she cried into the pillow.

Raph nodded. He wanted Leo to hurry and recover just so he could hear what Callista could tell him. This could change Leo's life if he could find out.

"Don's done working on Leo if you wanna go down and see him," said Raph.

Callista looked up. She didn't want to be in the room if Leo died but at the same time, it could give her the perfect opportunity to be with him and be closer than she ever was to him. She stood up slowly and hugged the pillow once more. Softly, she laid the pillow back on the head of Leo's bed.

"Thanks, Raph," said Callista.

"No problem," said Raph with a small smile.

Callista smiled back at him a bit before walking out of the room to see Leo.