- Text Size +
It had only been a few days that Leo had been bed ridden. It was true. He did have a torn muscle which Don was able to patch up some how. While Leo let that heal up, he remained in bed. Callista was always in the room, talking to him and joking around with him. He was happy to have her around and she always seemed happy to be with him. It made him feel great when she was around. They never seemed to get enough of being with each other.

Leo hated the night. Everyone always went to bed and then when he had to sleep during the day, there was no one to be with. He still hadn't made any advances on Callista and he was determined to. Finally, on the fourth night of his sentencing to bed rest, he decided to make a move.

"Are your nightmares any better, Calli?" asked Leo, knowing the answer to the question he had asked.

"No. They still haunt me. I wish they would go away," said Callista while sitting with Leo in his room.

"If you ever need me, I'm here," said Leo as he slowly put his hand over her hand.

"Thank you, Leo. I don't know how much more I can take of these nightmares. I just want them to end," said Callista.

"I know. I know," he said as he pulled Callista into a hug.

"I haven't slept since they started," said Callista once she pulled away after a while.

Leo wanted to help her the best he could. He cared for her but he had no idea what to do. He was stuck. He wanted to tell her how he felt which was no easy matter although she already knew how he felt.

"Calli, I wanted to tell you something. I know you know this but I need to tell you myself," said Leo.

Callista looked at Leo. She had been dying to hear these words. She too wanted to tell him how she felt but she had no idea how to do that either. She wanted to but she felt held back. He only wanted to break free from her nervousness.

"And I have something to tell you and I believe you know what it is," said Callista.

"You first," said Leo.

"No, you first," said Callista.

"Calli, I want to tell you that. . . well, I love you," said Leo as he said the first part slowly and the last part quickly.

He felt like a ton was just lifted off him. He finally got rid of his burden which had haunted him for three months. Suddenly, he felt physically weighed down as he realized Callista was in his arms. He quickly wrapped his arms around her, not wishing to let her go at all.

"Leo, I love you too. I had changed your picture while you were gone. You said you could never have me and you can. You can have me! You have me how," cried Callista.

They stayed in the embrace for a while. Neither of them wanted to leave it. They had finally found each other. Everything in the room seemed so much brighter. Even the light had seemed brighter.

It wasn't long before their lips found each other's. Their lips locked and soon the kiss deepened. Their lips danced for several moments. When they finally broke, they looked at each other breathlessly. Their lips ached for each other's but there was no need to over do it on the first night.

They just couldn't stop looking into each other's for a while. They just hated to part. Callista finally broke the contact by moving onto Leo's bed. She hugged him again, never wanting to leave his strong hold. Leo wrapped his arms around her and sighed with contentment.

Leo thought of his first drawing of her that he had made. It was of him holding Callista. He smiled. 'What I can never have my shell,' thought Leo to himself as he held Callista close to him.

Callista looked up and noticed the time. It was already midnight. She sighed. She didn't want to leave Leo. Not for anything. She loved him too much and she didn't wish to have him not be with her.

"It's getting late," said Leo.

"Yes. You need to rest," said Callista.

"I'm not tired. Besides, I sleep enough during the day," said Leo.

"Then I'll stay with you. Besides, my nightmares keep me up anyway," said Callista.

"You should try to sleep," said Leo.

"I know. I'm not going to bed if you're staying up," said Callista.

"Are you trying to spend the night with me again?" asked Leo with a smile almost laughing.

"You're more sarcastic than you let on! I like that. But if you want the truth, it may help my nightmares. I've tried everything else but that," said Callista with a slight laugh.

Leo laughed. He knew she was joking to an extent. He wanted her to stay with him. He had no intention of doing more than resting with her in his arms if she did stay with him that night. He secretly hoped she would stay with him.

Callista looked into Leo's eyes. She wanted to stay but she didn't know if she should. She was at a loss. She had no idea what to do. She didn't want to ask but he was leaving it to her.

"Do you want me to say?" asked Callista.

"Only if you're okay with it. I do not have any intentions of doing anything more than resting," admitted Leo.

"Okay. I'll stay with you. Maybe it will help," said Callista.

As Leo made room on his bed for her, while Callista walked over to his door and shut it. She turned off the light and slowly climbed into bed next to Leo. He slowly put his arms around her and pulled her close. They kissed each other good night before Callista fell asleep in his arms.

Leo smiled to himself. He couldn't believe what he had. He had his dream come true. He finally had the companionship that he had desired for so long. Now came the hard parts, explaining his actions to his family and protecting her from one person, his enemy, the Shredder.