- Text Size +
Raph had come home that night to find Leo still up and looking at something on the couch. Raph looked at his older brother, wanting to know what he could possibly be looking at so early in the morning. His curiosity started to get the better of him. He began to walk towards his brother, trying to sneak up on him quietly.

"Nice try, Raph. I can hear you a mile away," said Leo, not even bothering to look in the direction of Raph.

"Nothing gets by you, does it, Splinter Jr.?" asked Raph in a mocking tone.

"Drop the sarcasm," said Leo.

"Why?" said Raph in a sarcastic tone.

"Look, I don't need this right now," said Leo.

"What? No lecture?" asked Raph in false disappointment.

"No, I didn't have one in mind. Did you want me to lecture you?" asked Leo just as sarcastically.

"No but it's the first," said Raph.

"Whatever," said Leo.

Raph walked over to his brother's side and looked at the couch. There laid the girl turtle. Wow, she's not bad looking, thought Raph. He sized her up.

"Where'd she come from?" asked Raph.

"I found her in a dumpster, half dead," said Leo simply.

"You actually brought home a girl. Heh, think she'll go for ya?" asked Raph with a sly grin on his face.

"Doubtful but I doubt she'll be any different towards you," said Leo in a slight mocking tone.

"Yeah right. You're impossible to get along with," said Raph.

"So are you," said Leo in retaliation.

The two brothers looked at the girl turtle. They both couldn't help but remember the past where they were both almost exactly alike, almost like twins. As they looked at the girl turtle, they looked the way they did when they were five, both watching their favorite TV show, Superman. They sat side by side, as they watched her.

"Well, this brings back memories, doesn't it?" said Raph, almost absentmindedly.

Leo nodded. He couldn't believe that they weren't fighting. Normally, they would be fighting right about now but instead, they were sitting together in silence, occasionally exchanging words. This had been unheard of for almost ten years.

"Yes it does. We haven't sat together without fighting for what? Nine years?" asked Leo.

It was Raph's turn to nod. He too seemed fascinated with this girl turtle to an extent. He didn't seem to be half as fascinated as Leo.

"Yep. Sounds about right. When did we really start to drift?" asked Raph half to himself.

"I think when Master Splinter started working with me more than you," said Leo.

"That's right. You started to act like Splinter Jr.," said Raph.

"Let's not start fighting. We were doing so well," said Leo.

Raph nodded in agreement. A moment in silence passed between them again. Raph looked at Leo and Leo looked at Raph. They realized that they were getting along again. It felt like a part of them was back in place, a friendship that was once lost but rediscovered.

As the two brothers sat together in silence and occasionally exchanging some words, Master Splinter watched and listened to his sons. He hadn't seen Leo and Raph sit together since they were children almost ten years ago. Those ten year though seemed like an eternity. He smiled to himself. Hmm.maybe this girl turtle is a blessing in disguise, thought Master Splinter as he watched his two sons sit side-by-side.