- Text Size +
Leo sat in his room again after helping Callista get settled into her room. He sat at his desk, drawing again. This time, he didn't draw himself in. He drew who was now known as Callista looking at her own reflection in a lake. He painstakingly placed every line almost in the perfect place. As her figure took form, he thought about how much he wanted someone to talk to him and give him the companionship he so desired.

He rarely blinked fearing that if he did, a line would be out of place. He tried to put in as much detail as possible into the drawing as he could. He wanted to catch everything and show EVERYTHING he could so that the drawing could show her some justice of her beauty.

As Leo sat at his desk sketching every detail of Callista's complexion, in the doorway stood the very figure he was drawing. She stood there for several minutes, wondering what it was Leo was doing. She began to move silently into the room. She looked over Leo's shoulder, not even letting him know she was there.

Amazement fell over her face as she watched Leo draw her. She was amazed at the detail that he had paid to every little thing in the drawing. Her eyes followed every detail brought on by the pencil that was controlled by Leo's green, weathered, strong hand.

Leo sat up a bit more and noticed Callista in the room with him. He jumped a bit, scaring her and causing her to jump back into the katana rack. The rack fell, spilling katanas and letting them unsheathe themselves. Leo jumped up and ran to help Callista up.

"Callista! Are you okay?" asked Leo as he helped Callista to her feet.

Callista nodded as she got up. She looked behind her at the rack of katanas that were now everywhere. She looked at him in fear.

"Callista, I'm not going to hurt you. I'm just happy you weren't hurt," said Leo as softly as he could.

Callista calmed down and knelt down, starting to pick up the katanas. She placed them in her left arm.

"Be careful, they are sharp," warned Leo as he began to help pick up the katanas and resheathed them.

It didn't take them long before they had the katanas off the floor and placed them on the bed. Leo slowly picked up the rack and placed it against the wall. He walked back to the bed and started to take some of the katanas and put them onto the rack. When he was done with his armful, he looked over at Callista who was looking at the picture Leo was drawing moments before.

Callista looked at the amazing detail. 'This is beautiful,' thought Callista. She looked at Leo and made eye contact with him. Then she looked around for a piece of paper. She watched as Leo walked back to his desk and handed her a piece of paper. She began to write her message and let Leo read it as he said every word.

"Did. You. Draw. This? Yes, I did," read and answered Leo.

She smiled and wrote another message. Leo read each word out loud.

"This. Is. Good. Who. Is. This. Supposed. To. Be? Thank you. I was trying to draw.well, you," read and admitted Leo.

Callista looked at him in shock. No one had ever drawn a picture of her. She looked at the picture again. 'Is this really me,' thought Callista to herself. She thought the girl turtle in the picture was too beautiful to be her.

"Are you okay?" asked Leo, afraid he may have come on to her too hard.

Leo mentally kicked himself. 'Great going, stupid, you scared her,' thought Leo to himself. He couldn't believe how stupid he was. He was ready to swear off drawing until he realized he was being hugged. He looked down to see Callista hugging him. He hesitated a bit before hugging her in return.

'She's so tiny,' thought Leo as he hugged her. He paid attention to how she felt in his arms. Something inside of him felt complete. He wanted her more than ever now. He felt the leader part of him told him no, it was not to happen.

She pulled away and smiled at him. 'He's just like his brother,' thought Callista. She wrote on the piece of paper a message before looking up at Leo, letting him read what she wrote.

"Good night, Callista, sleep well," said Leo.

She nodded before leaving the room. She walked out of the room, deciding never to tell anyone about the drawing.

Leo watched as she left the room, scared she would tell someone about the drawing. Soon, something made him relax. He didn't know what but it did. He turned away to set the katanas back on the rack. After grabbing a few, he looked towards the door. He smiled. He knew his life would never be the same again.