- Text Size +
It had been a week since Callista had woken up. She was just starting to speak in a rough English which she picked up thanks to the other turtles, TV, and Master Splinter. She would try to talk as much as she could although it was very hard on her vocal cords since she wasn't use to speaking herself thus causing many sore throats for her. She would even try to read what she wrote by sounding out the words but with the rules of English in reading out loud, she would often make the guys laugh at her attempts. This often made her storm off annoyed and cause one of the guys, normally Leo or Mike, to follow her and tell her that they didn't mean to laugh.

Each of the guys seemed to adjust to her well. Raph stayed away from her normally and did his own thing. He wasn't really sure about her but he did feel sorry for her. When they did talk, it was only for a few seconds. He didn't really want to talk to her about how fun it was to beet up punks since the first time he did, she looked at him in disgust. After that, he never talked to her about that. He also wasn't very good at talking to women which made him extremely uncomfortable talking to her although she would often try to talk to him. The only experience he had then again was with April but she was going out with Casey, not to mention the act that he talked to her like he would to a sister.

Donny was often times engrossed in his experiments which he would often try to explain to Callista. She showed great interest in them. Donny had once told her that she was allowed to help provided that she didn't have Leo's 'touch of death' for computers. She would find this funny and try to do what she could to help him. Donny loved having someone around who he could talk to about experiments. He was also amazed at how intelligent she was just in the way of knowing elements and chemicals. She would sometimes correct him too before something happened. She would explain the effects of what could happen if he mixed certain chemicals together. Although she was great at science, Donny didn't think of her as potential mate or girlfriend. As it turned out, he thought of her most often as a sister.

Mikey was often times found either in the kitchen cooking. Callista would help him make dinner and other things. At first, she questioned his taste in food but soon, she got use to his odd concoctions of food and spices. She found cooking with him fun. He would tell jokes that would make her laugh and smile for hours. Mikey liked her quite a bit. To him, she was wonderful. He loved everything about her. His advances would have been obvious to any girl who lived around guys all her life but they weren't very obvious to Callista. He wasn't discouraged though. He just figured she'd figure it out soon.

Leo was quite shy of Callista. He found himself hardly ever being able to talk to her. When they did talk, it was about ninjitsu and occasionally what each weapon in his room was. Trying to be as polite to her as possible, he told her what each weapon was, sparing her the details of what they were used to do and how they would be used. Few words ever passed between them. When they did, Leo started stuttering like crazy and became clumsy with his words. Sometimes, he swore that he sounded like he was the one who had the speech problem. To avoid the teasing and bashing of his brothers, he found the best way to avoid it was just not to say anything.

Master Splinter enjoyed having Callista around. She was quite caring and helpful in his opinion. After all, the lair had never been this clean until she came along. The guys were actually keeping the lair clean so that she didn't have to see them as slobs. Him and Callista would often talk about history and would talk about ways to help his arthritis. She would bring him tea to drink when she felt he could use some. He loved her like the daughter he never had.

"Calli, could you tell Leo dinner will be done in twenty minutes?" asked Mikey, using Callista's nickname.

"Okay," she said with a smile.

Callista ran out of the lair. She had gone up to the surface before to get Leo. She liked going outside at night even if it was just to see the stars. She was nervous to go out though but she knew where Leo was all the time. He was normally up on the roof of his usual building, looking at the city. She got there quickly. She ran up the fire escape and saw him standing in the light of the moon.

She laid her eyes on his body. She noticed how muscular he really was. His shell was slightly more oval than his other three brothers. The tails of his eye mask flew in the wind. His back was to her, not seeming to care about anything. He's as cute as his brother, thought Callista.

Callista got herself on the roof. She slowly walked up behind Leo. She was also silent as she walked up behind him. Her slowness and quietness made her seem almost ninja. As she walked towards him, she admired his complexion, seeing him as attractive but not really seeing him as a potential 'mate.'

She slowly lifted her hand to tap Leo on the shoulder. Just when she was getting ready to, she found herself on the ground with Leo on top of her with wide eyes and turning bright red.

"Do you do that to all women?" asked Callista as she looked into Leo's eyes.

"N. . . n. . . no. You're j. . . just lucky," said Leo, nervously as got to his feet to help her up.

Callista looked at him and giggled. To Leo, her giggle was like music that he knew that he would never be able to get out of his head. Still bright red, he cursed himself for being so ninja. He hated to think that had he had weapons, he could have killed her. He hated the ninja training. It corrupted his mind, not letting him have the peace to be tapped on the shoulder by the turtle woman he loved. As much as he loved his own father, he cursed him too.

"I see. What were you thinking about?" asked Callista simply.

He looked at her. She was actually trying to start a conversation with him. She was actually trying to open him up. He looked at her and sighed. He needed to open up and relax.

"Raph," sighed Leo.

"What about him?" asked Callista softly.

"The past. We use to be such good friends before we started learning ninjitsu. Now, we fight like crazy," said Leo without stuttering.

"You do?" asked Callista, with surprise since she never really noticed Leo and Raph fighting in the lair.

"Yeah, we just haven't really fought around you out of respect. Actually, we haven't fought at all since you've woken up," said Leo thinking back.

Callista nodded. She was trying to figure out so much. This whole thing was new news to her.

"Why do you fight now? What happened?" asked Callista.

"We drifted. After we started learning the art of ninjitsu, Master Splinter started working with me more, causing Raph to get jealous. Although we tried to remain best friends, we couldn't. He started becoming a rebel and I became very serious," said Leo as he looked up at the sky.

"Did you want this to happen when you were little?" asked Callista.

"No. I wanted to be Raph's twin like I was. When I was given the 'honor' of the position of leader, Raph got jealous. He tried not to let it get to him but he just got jealous and well, we pulled apart while I grew up quickly and he got to stay young for a while longer," said Leo feeling lighter.

"Why do you still.dwell on it?" asked Callista, although she had problems getting out the word 'dwell.'

"It kills me inside when Raph and I fight. I hate it with a passion. He just doesn't know what he has. What he's had. He has no idea that if I was given the chance I would gladly give up leadership just to him and I would go out and do what I've always wanted to do," said Leo as he watched a bunch of kids laughing.

"What stops you?" asked Callista stepping closer to him.

"Master Splinter and my role as leader. Master Splinter would never approve of my actions and it would be very irresponsible for me to do that," answered Leo.

"No, I meant what stops you from telling Raph how you feel?" asked Callista.

"I don't know. I just don't feel like I can. He wouldn't understand," answered Leo with a sigh.

"Well, you guys taught me that talking is a very powerful thing. Tell him that you miss the days when you two were young," said Callista.

Leo thought about her words. He knew she was right. Raph needed to know. He wanted to end these fights that they had for so many years that continued to tear him apart. The only question was how would Raph react to this idea? Leo hoped that Raph would want the old times back too. Then he suddenly he had an idea. He smiled.

"Calli, you're amazing! You're right; I do need to talk to him. I think I know how to too," said Leo as he suddenly hugged her.

Callista hugged Leo in return, taking in everything about him. She felt like she could stay in his arms forever. She didn't want him to pull away. Then suddenly, what she really needed to do set into her mind. She broke the hug and looked back up at him.

"Dinner's very soon, we need to get back home," said Callista shyly.

Leo nodded. He offered her his arm which she gladly took and led her down the building. He was happy that she was on his arm and not his brothers'. He loved the natural high her gentle touch gave him. This was what he wanted in his life. He never wanted this high to end. 'If this is what it feels like to be on drugs, then damn, I'm sure as hell addicted,' thought Leo as he almost thought of Callista like a drug. As they walked, Leo realized something more, when he was having the conversation with Callista, he didn't stutter once.