- Text Size +
Callista was making it obvious in the lair whom she had her eyes on. She would often watch Raph practice with Leo while they would spar. She had the habit of comparing the two brothers. She loved watching them since they were both so much alike. She loved the way they were built. It just seemed to entertaining to listen to them diss each other and then laugh right after the fight which in turn baffled Don, Mikey, and Splinter.

Mikey would watch Callista quite a bit. He did what he could to get her to see him in the way he wanted. He knew Raph hadn't told her he wasn't interested in her so she was still after him. Mikey figured that Raph's loss was his gain. He started to work on gaining a relationship with Callista. He would often try to get her to talk or watch a movie or two with him but that didn't always work since she didn't seem to like the gory parts. It also didn't help that Leo and Don would tell her that if she got scared, to smack him.

Leo and Raph started to spar more often but in a friendlier way. Occasionally, they would walk out of the lair and talk. They would joke around when they were out of the lair and call each other names and sometimes knock out some punks, drug dealers, or stop a burglar or a rapist. They seemed to enjoy their time to talk and catch up while they were out. It had been two weeks since they had talked in the ally.

"So ya gonna get the girl or what?" asked Raph while they were on the roof of a building.

"What? Who?" asked Leo.

"Who? Calli! Last I checked no one else brought a chick home," said Raph.

"Nah, I don't think she really likes me. She likes you better," said Leo.

"Yeah but I'm not interested. Besides, when I brush her off, she watches you," said Raph.

"That's only because I'm around you. Have you ever noticed how she watches me ONLY if she sees me around you?" asked Leo.

"Yeah but why do you avoid her?" asked Raph.

"I don't avoid her!" argued Leo.

"Yeah ya do. What? Fearless leader afraid?" teased Raph.

"You know I hate that nickname," said Leo.

"Then why the hell won't ya talk to her? Tell 'er ya love her," said Raph.

"It doesn't work that way. Besides, I've got no women skills," said Leo as he laughed.

"No women skills? Whatcha need them for? Just go to her and tell her how ya feel. Besides, if you don't, Mikey sure as hell will," said Raph seriously.

"Mikey? Mikey's after her too?" asked Leo.

"Yep. He's been flirting with her like crazy. Don't tell me you need someone to help ya out, heck, I'll set ya up with her if I have to," said Raph.

"What? Wait a minute, Mikey's been asking you for advice on her! I don't think I could. Besides, I'm a ninja, it's too big of a danger to be around me. She'd be better off with Mikey," said Leo as he looked out towards the city.

God, the more things change the more they stay the same, thought Raph. He heard this before. Leo was reverting back to the leader. Raph knew that Leo still slipped into it although he was trying to get out of the position more and more.

"Aw, don't pull that leader shit again. Leo, Mikey likes her and believe me, I don't think you realize how much she also likes you. I mean if she likes me then she would sure as hell would like you if you gave her a chance. Besides, when are you going to think about yourself?" argued Raph.

"I don't know, Raph. Every time I start talking to her, I screw up and start stuttering. I sound SO stupid," admitted Leo as he looked over the city.

"Relax, she's not gonna bite yer head off," said Raph in a teasing manner.

"That's easy for you to say," said Leo.

"Look, just talk to her like you would with April but don't try so hard. Trust me on that," said Raph.

Leo nodded. Raph did have a point. When he did try, he stuttered but when he didn't think of being perfect to her, he messed up. He knew what he had to do now, let his real colors show through. Leo turned from his brother and began to walk off.

"Ya gonna talk to her when ya get back?" asked Raph.

"Oh hell yeah," said Leo.

"Go get her before the major flirt gets her," laughed Raph.

She's cute but what do I need her for when I've got my own, thought Raph to himself as he watched his brother walk off to talk to Callista.