- Text Size +
Robin sat patiently waiting in his day room for the youngest member of the Backstreet Boys. This was the guy that millions of girls swooned over. The one every girl wanted to be with, marry, hang on their walls with shiny stick pins. "No I don't like that line" He said taking his eraser and scratching it from the paper, cursing under his breath at the hole he left behind.

"Where the hell is that child?"

"He's gonna be late" Robin just about jumped out of his chair when he heard Brian's voice break the quiet. "Nick is always late for everything. You should have told him to be here at least 30 minutes before you actually needed him" Robin smiled, "Thanks for the tip. I'll keep it in mind"

"No problem"

"So..in the meantime, you feel like giving me a few minutes?" Brian looked at his watch and pretended to have an appointment. Robin smirked. Like he hadn't ever seen anything like that before. "Sorry, I have to go, maybe tomorrow"

"Yeah, okay..maybe tomorrow" Robin said making a mental note that the velvet voiced member was shy and liked to keep to himself. Velvet voiced. Nice description.

Robin allowed his thoughts to go back to Nick Carter. He was the real reason Robin was given this assignment. The Backstreet Boys are incredibly important but put that boy on the cover and we will sell a billion copies his boss had told him. Robin had no idea what to expect. He saw a few pictures of the kid before but had to admit, since he was given this gig kicking and screaming, the last thing he wanted to do was research.

"Let's see..hrm...in walked the youngest member of the Backstreet Boys for our first one on one session. I admit for the initial meeting he remained very quiet with Howie and Brian doing most of the talking, but now in his..let's see, what does a teen idol wear these days?" He stopped talking to himself to once again glance at the clock. "He would probably be wearing a nice Armani suit..oh wait, no that's the winking one. Um...Nick would wear casual yet stylish, yeah that's it. Casual yet stylish"

About two seconds after those words came out of his mouth Nick Carter ran into the room, wearing a pair of ripped jeans. Ripped from the ankle all the way up to his hip on the right side. He also appeared to wear a white tee shirt although all the mud on it would have you think otherwise. Mud was everywhere on the boy. You couldn't even make out what he was wearing on his feet and his hair was sticking straight up.

Nick Carter was a mess.

"Well, isn't this interesting" Robin found himself saying at Nick as he plopped down on the floor in a pile of well..chaos, frankly.

"Hi...um...yeah...well"

"You're a bit muddy there"

"Yeah kinda"

"The last time I checked it was pretty sunny outside"

"It is"

"Okay....then" Robin looked over at Nick with questioning eyes.

"Sorry I'm late for the interview, things got a little crazy just now"

"I see" Nick stood up and ran for a towel, Robin tried to control the laughing fit that was daring to surface as he heard the heartthrob wiping the mud off of his face and he hoped his hair.

About five minutes later, Nick came out all clean and wearing just his boxers. "Mind if we do the interview in my boxers? If you do I'll go change"

"Uh..no that's fine, but you know I have to ask right?"

"I had to get out of the muddy clothes because if I didn't Kevin would kill me"

Robin decided to cut straight to the chase, "Nick! Why were you all muddy?"

"I was afraid you were going to ask me that" Robin laughed, "Why wouldn't I?"

"I kind of got stuck in the mud"

"Where?"

"Out back...I was flirting with a bunch of girls out back..."

"Hey Robin I was wondering if...woah! I hope I'm not interrupting anything here"
AJ said walking in and looking at Nick in his boxers. Robin felt his cheeks flush.

"No, it's really okay"

"Do you want to interview us all in the buff?"

"I have clothes on dufus"

"Barely"

"Yeah but.." AJ put his hands in the air in that time out gesture, "Hold it right there Kaos, I don't want to know" He looked at Robin and continued, "I learned a long time ago not to even ask" Robin nodded.

"So what was it you needed to ask me?"

"Just when you wanted to interview me?"

"Oh after Nick would be fine"

"Cool! See ya later guys" He said taking one more look at Nick and shaking his head.

Once AJ was gone, Robin turned his attention back to Nick who was itching at his neck furiously.

"So you were saying?.."

"Oh yeah, the girls, I saw these girls and they asked for my autograph and I gave them hugs and everything"

"Uh huh and?"

"And after I did I was about to invite them up to my room but something ran past my legs. It was an iguana"

"An iguana?"

"Yeah, anyway, I screamed. I didn't mean to but I did. It scared me, anyway, the girls started laughing at me because of it. So I try to act all macho" Nick started laughing, "And..well I wasn't entirely looking where I was going and I fell in a pile of mud"

"Okay...and what did the girls do?"

"They laughed and jumped on top of me"

"Really?"

"Yeah it was like being in the middle of a mud wrestling match with three beautiful girls...oh man you should have seen it"

Nick told lie after lie to the reporter because the truth was just too embarrassing. Well, the first part was true, up until the girls jumping on top of him. When they saw him fall they tried helping him up but he accidentally pulled them down into the mud. They stood up in a muddy huff and left. Feeling defeated he attempted to get up but his shoes were so stuck he fell face first in the pile. That's when he saw the cutest thing in the world.

A mouse.

Just sitting there watching him. He rolled closer to it and the mouse just came over and sat in his hand. "Hey little fella" He said as he stood up and searched for his shoes. He actually had to bury his head in the mud to find them. He put them back on, gathered up his mouse and walked out of the pile.

That's when he saw the crowd of fans.

He knew he couldn't very well go back through the front of the hotel because he was a mess, so in his wisdom, he decided to try to climb up to his balcony. Nick found himself rolling his eyes at his own stupidity.

It seemed easy enough at the time, but it proved to me much harder then it looked. What's worse is to get to the wall of the hotel, he had to go through a batch of bushes which would later prove to be poison ivy. He grabbed for a potted plant on the first balcony and managed to pull himself up. After that he got stuck.

A woman of about fifty came out and saw this muddy menace staring at her and holding onto a hook which housed the potted plant, for dear life. Who brings a potted plant to a hotel anyway? She started screaming and hitting at Nick with a shoe horn. Telling him to go away. He lost his balance and fell onto the patio, which caused her to scream even louder.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry. I'll leave right now" Nick said as he ran out the door and back up to this very room where he was totally sitting almost naked lying to a reporter.

"Well that was quite an interesting story young man"

"Don't I know it? Oh yeah...I'm a playa" Robin laughed.

"Well, you seem to be a playa with a bad case of poison ivy" Nick nodded still scratching his neck. "You know, this may sound odd but I do believe I have some calamine lotion in my room"

"That does sound odd Robin"

"I know, but if you want to borrow some.." Nick nodded and Robin stood up and left to get the lotion, leaving Nick alone with just enough time to retrieve his mouse out of his pocket. He ran into the bathroom and grabbed him. "Hi little fella, are you aww muddy? Yes, you are! Yes, you are. I think I'll call you Cecile" He placed the mouse back into his pocket before Robin or anyone else busted him for it. When he saw his pant leg which was lying on the floor, wriggling. "Oh man, this can't be good" He peered down and saw a little tail. "Oh shit!" He said grabbing the tail and flinging the lizard out of his pant leg and into the bathroom. "Ewwww you were in my pants with me Oh yuck!"

It started running towards him which caused him to let out another high pitched squeal. He had an aversion for lizards. Could he help it? Not even thinking, when it traveled onto his foot he once again grabbed it by it's tale and moved to the front door flinging it out into the hallway where a fast walking Kevin wasn't watching where he was going and stepped on it.

It squished under his weight and all Nick and Kevin could both do was stare at each other with mouths wide open.

"Where the hell did that thing come from?" Nick shrugged, "I have no idea!"

"I didn't mean to step on him"

"That poor guy, he never had a chance. How could you Kevin?"

"It was an accident. I swear!"

"Kevin you need to really watch where you are going man.. What if that was a kitten or a baby?"

"What? Why on earth would I step on a baby?"

"You just stepped on a lizard, the poor thing"

"I now, but I didn't me..."He stopped and looked at his bandmate, "Uh...Nick aren't you supposed to be in the middle of an interview?"

"Yeah I am, Robin just had to get me something"

"Like clothes? Maybe?" He winced when he realized that he was still in his boxers.

"Uh, I better get back in there"

"Why are you naked?"

"You killed a lizard!" Was his response he shut the door on a perplexed Kevin's face before he could ask another question.

The phone rang just as Nick slammed the door on poor Kevin, "McDonald's"

"Huh? OOh sorry I must have the wrong number" Nick giggled at Ronnie, deciding not to let her in on the joke right yet.

She called back a few minutes later, "Hello? Howie's pad of love how may I help you?"

"Nick?" He laughed.

"Yeah"

"Is Howie around?"

"I don't know where he is"

"Oh okay well can you give him an extremely important message for me?"

"Sure go ahead"

"It's really important Nick"

"I know I have paper right here" He said pulling a piece of stationary out from the desk of their day room.

"Okay tell him he MUST call me back ASAP. It's really really important"

"Okay will do"

Once he hung up, he panicked when he saw his little mouse run from the bathroom and right out the door into the hallway. Nick jumped to his feet, knocking the message to Ronnie onto the floor and under the chair...