- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Author's explanation LOL - Hi guys. Before you continue to read this I just wanted to let you know the format of this once again. I think people are getting confused. The way I decided to write this story was from the end to the beginning. SO the first chapter you read was actually the last one, all the ones that come after it, tell you or try to tell you why some of those things mentioned in the last chapter happened. It's a very slow form of storytelling that in a moment of sheer stupidity I thought I would try. It is way harder than I thought it would be, but I started so I am going to see it through to the end. So it's really important to me that you send me an e-mail and let me know what you think. If worse comes to worse, I'll just stop and try it again LOL I am not a quitter by nature so I don't plan on doing that unless you beg me to, which if you did would make me sad :( I know I know, I should have stuck to stories where Nick is tortured or has a dysfunctional family. I was being daring LOL Now I have to mock myself for writting probably the longest author's note in history. Anyhoodle lee doodle here is chapter 9.

Mare
"So tell me again Brian? I want to make sure I have it right"

"Okay, yes Howie is a homosexual"

"Really?"

"Yes, a flaming one at that! He has wanted to stay in the closet this whole time, but only to the fans, everyone in the business knows his preference"

"So, if I were to ask him about this?"

"Oh he would totally open up to you. I know he had said that he was just waiting for someone to come along and ask"

"Great! Thanks a lot Brian" Brian nodded and smirked. "Well, I have to go now, so if there's nothing else?"

"No nothing, what are you up to?"

"Just going to feed Nick's mouse"

"Oh okay. I didn't even know he had a mouse"

"Yeah but that's a long story"

"See you later" Brian said and then he walked out of the room. Robin got all excited about this potential breaking story he had. Howie coming out of the closet. Fabulous.

Just then Nick walked in, wearing pajama bottoms and a Goonie tee shirt. His face and arms all blotchy. Robin smiled at the story that Nick shared with him about how he got the poison ivy. That would be another great dimension to this article.

"Hey Robin my main dawg!" He said rasing his arm to give the reporter a high five. Robin was hesitant, "Don't worry dude. I'm not contagious anymore" With that reassurance Robin extended his arm and they high fived.

"So what are you doing kiddo?" He asked Nick who he had grown really fond of in the last three days. The kid had a presence about him that made him likable yet complex.

"I'm hunting for some calamine lotion. You don't happen to have any do you?"

"No, I'm sorry"

"That's okay"

"Hey Nick, do you have a comment about Howie's sexuality?" Nick stopped looking around the room and stared at Robin.

"Huh?"

"Brian told me about Howie being a homosexual. That is true isn't it?"

Nick had a huge grin on his face. "Yes of course it is, you just took me by surprise that's all"

"Oh okay. I was worried that maybe Brian might have made that up. It's seems like they don't get along very well, those two"

"They usually do, but not lately"

"Oh"

"But yes Howie is gay" Nick said through a giggle.

"Hey Nick" Robin said to the boy who was still looking for itching relief.

"Yuppers?"

"Any other hot bits of info?" Nick rubbed his chin in deep thought. Then once again a smile played on his lips.

"Well, just one, but he would kill me if I told you"

"Come on, let me know. I won't print it if he doesn't want me to"

"Okay fine, before he performs or goes to an interview or press conference, AJ prays to a cabbage"

"He what? You have got to be pulling my leg"

"No I swear!"

Just then Howie who seemed to be on a mission, his face that of a man with murder on his mind, came into the room.

"Hey D"

"Hey" He responded to Nick.

"S'up?"

"Not much" He scanned the room again and disappointed to not find what he was looking for, he started for the door.

"Howie is it true that AJ prays to a cabbage?" Robin asked the man. He wanted to come right out and ask about his sexuality but he didn't seem like he was in a good mood. So he went for the lighter question.

"Huh? Yeah. Whatever, if you see J, can you tell him I'm looking for him?"

"Sure thing" Nick answered.

After Howie's exit, Nick turned to Robin, "See? I told you!"

"Yes I guess you did. Why a cabbage?"

"I have no idea, guess you have to ask him"

"I will" When Robin said that, Nick giggled again. Then he walked out of the room.

Robin, couldn't help but think how strange this group was. He really had no desire to follow some stupid boyband around but, now that he was on his third and final day with these guys, he felt like he had more to work with then he would have with any other group.

"I don't care Kevin, that was NOT a nice thing to do!" AJ was arguing with Kevin as they walked into the conference room. Seeming to not even notice Robin sitting there.

"God AJ I had no choice, I mean you had soap in you hair! When will you let it drop?"

"It's not like I have been talking about it for days or anything it did just happen yesterday"

"I know, but even still" Kevin stopped in his tracks when he saw Robin staring at the both of them.

"Hi" He greeted,

"Hi guys"

"I see you have some down time? Aren't you supposed to be stalking one of us?" Kevin asked in a half joking tone.

Robin laughed. "Don't worry my friend I will be bugging you soon enough" Then he looked over at AJ "By the way, Howie was looking for you" AJ nodded and then took off towards the door but not looking where he was going, he walked right into the wall.

Kevin just shook his head, "Don't mind him he's slow" Kevin said at first joking around.

"Slow?"

"Yes, well a little.. Sometimes. We talk very slowly to him and loudly so he can understand what we are saying" Then Kevin exited the room.

Either these guys were compulsive liars, or this was a new reporters best dream. He once again started to write the beginning of his article. He figured he would start at the beginning, when Howie stormed out quitting the band...