- Text Size +
Howie paced back and forth in his hotel room impatiently waiting for his bandmate to show up. Nick couldn't help but smile at him while he did it.

"What are you so damn happy about?" Nick turned to Howie and shrugged, "Not sure"

"It must be nice to be carefree"

"It beats the hell out of pacing, but I'm not exactly carefree you know" He said scratching at his poison ivy.

"Stop scratching or it's gonna scar" Howie grabbed Nick's hands and placed mittens on them. Nick just laughed the whole time.

"Now where are on earth is that little shit!"

"D, don't be too hard on Brian, I'm sure he didn't mean to forget about Ronnie"

"Then why is he late? He knew I really wanted to talk to him"

"Because it's like 6 am"

Howie sat on his bed and sighed, "Yeah I guess you're right, but why the hell are you up?"

"I can't sleep... too itchy"

"Poor you" Nick put on his pouty face, "Yeah I know"

"Well, at least that stupid reporter isn't up yet"

"I know, I hate the fact that he is following us all over the place. Makes me nervous"

"Everything makes you nervous Nick" Nick just nodded and began to scratch his arm with his mittens on.

A knock on the door brought Howie to his feet and there was Brian, looking like he had just woken up. Hair standing straight up on his head. Nick laughed, "Wow, somebody looks sexy"

"Shut up Nick! Why the hell are you here anyway?"

Nick held up his mittens and pouted. Even though Brian knew he was just about to have a brawl with Howie he still couldn't hide his smile. Howie however was far from smiling.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" Brian finally asked knowing he had to eventually have this confrontation.

"Why did you use all my toothpaste?" Both Brian and Nick had dumbfounded looks on their faces.

"What?" Brian asked almost in a laugh.

"You heard me Littrell, why did you use all my toothpaste?"

"Because I ran out"

"That's it? That's all you have to say for yourself?"

"I think I have to say, I'm going back to bed" Brian got up to leave but Howie quickly blocked his door.

"No way, apologize!"

"Are you kidding me Howie?"

"No! I said apologize or else!"

"Or else what?"

"He'll bore you to death" Howie and Brian both looked over at Nick. He grimaced, "Ooh, sorry, I didn't think I said that out loud"

"Why are you still here anyway?" Howie asked his young friend who was now getting up to leave.

"No, don't bother Nick. I'm leaving. This conversation is over D. Call me when you grow up"

"When I grow up? When I grow up?"

"Is there an echo in here?" Nick asked amusing himself.

"Shut up!" Both men yelled.

"When I grow up?" Howie asked one more time.

"Yes Howie, how immature can ONE person be, getting someone up at 6 in the morning to ask them about toothpaste?"

"You know what? You can go to hell"

"Oh now that's original" Brian said rolling his eyes.

"Um..maybe I should go now" Nick said once again getting up. Both men gave him the stop sign so he slowly sat back down.

"I swear to God Brian if you keep up with the attitude, I am going to knock your lights out!" Nick laughed. They both turned to face him.

"Sorry, but it's kind of like hearing God fighting with Ghandi"

"What?" Brian said before just ignoring Nick and going back to Howie. "I am leaving, now get out of my way or I swear I will.."

"Will what?"

"Ugh!" Brian said pushing past Howie and slamming the door.

"Will what?" He yelled out into the hallway as AJ passed by. Howie glared at his friend.

"What the hell are you looking at?"

"Nothing man calm down I just was on my way to be interviewed by Robin. Relax"

"Whatever" Then he slammed the door on AJ and ventured back to his bed and plopped down.

"Wow, D. You need to relax. Why didn't you just ask him about Ronnie?"

"Because I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of knowing how angry I am"

"Um...Howie, I think he kind of figured out that you are angry"

"Well, I don't care" Howie said sounding like a pouting five year old.

"I guess you don't. Ah well. Brian will learn his lesson"

"No, he won't Nick" Nick laughed out loud, "You know what would be funny?"

"What?"

"If you put hair dye in his shampoo" Nick started cracking up.

Howie's eyes lit up, like it was the smartest thing he ever heard.

"Wow, you know what kid? Sometimes you are a genius!" That made Nick sit bolt upright.

"Um..Howie I was only kidding. You shouldn't do that"

"No, it's a brilliant idea. Thanks a lot"

"Really D, not a good idea" Howie wasn't listening anymore, because thoughts of Brian shampooing with hair dye kept rolling through his mind.

"What color should I make it?"

"What? No Howie, don't do it. You'll never be able to pull it off..but I would do purple"

"Purple...yes..excellent" He sounded like Mr. Burns from the Simpsons bringing Nick into another laughing fit.

"Howie, you know that Brian will totally kill you right?"

"I don't care. He deserves it, and maybe that would teach him to not blow off important things"

"Well, if you do it, at least don't use permanent hair dye"

"Nick, I'm not that horrible. I will use the wash out kind. Don't worry"

Howie grabbed Nick into an embrace, "Thanks a lot for the idea"

"But.."

"No really I owe you. Now I'm off to get some dye. Think they sell it in the hotel lobby?" Nick shrugged. Howie grabbed his wallet and walked out the door. Once he was gone, Nick took off his mittens and began to scratch...