- Text Size +
AJ sat listening to Nick frantically talk about a stupid mouse. Not quite sure why he opened the door and let him into his room in the first place. Hadn't he learned that whenever Nick knocked with an "emergency" Something utterly ridiculous would happen.

"He was kind of belly crawling under the bed and he looked so scared" No matter how much he DID NOT want o pay attention to the blonde one, he had to say something to that.

"The mouse was belly crawling and looked scared?"

"Yeah"

"Do you think he was scared because some big dumb blonde kid was watching him belly crawl?"

"AJ, stop this isn't funny"

"Okay..as you were saying" And just like that he put his friend on mute. He had the glorious ability to do that. Watch Nick's lips move while hearing the I Dream of Jeannie theme in his head. He promised he would teach the others how to do that someday.

"So it's okay with you then?" Uh-oh that sounded like a question.

"Sure" Nick grabbed AJ into a big hug.

"Thanks man! You are the best. I promise he won't crap on your stuff okay? But you can't tell Kevin he's here"

"What the hell are you talking about Kaos?"

"Cecile"

"The mouse?"

"Yes, thanks for letting him spend the night here"

"Come again?"

"I really appreciate it but you can't tell Kevin. He will kill me"

"Nick.. I'm not..."

"Seriously AJ. Smokey pooped all over his bed"

"What? Then there's no way in hell that thing..."

"Thanks AJ. You are really the best" He said and handing him the shoebox with the mouse inside he left the room.

"Now how the hell did that happen?" He asked the air, since he refused to talk to a mouse.

"You crap on me and I throw you out the window! You understand?" He said to the box as he placed it on the floor of his bathroom. He jumped about a foot when he heard the knock on his door.

"I'm coming" He said. He opened the door to see a very sad and angry Howie. And uneasiness settled in, when he realized that he was the real reason for his friends discomfort. He didn't mean to forget about Ronnie, it just kind of happened.

"Hi, D what's up?"

"Should I confront Brian?" Yup Howie would never let this subject be dropped.

"Howie, come on..Maybe you should just let it go" His look said that was never going to happen, so AJ moved aside and let him in to vent...AGAIN.

"It's just that, if that were Leigh that called, I would have stopped everything and went to get him"

"I know, but that's you. I really doubt he MEANT to forget about it"

"Why would you say that?"

"Because, he knew how much you liked Ronnie. I mean he wouldn't ever intentionally screw with your mind like that. And just for the record, I wouldn't either"

"I know YOU would NEVER do anything like that" AJ bit his bottom lip.

"Yeah...uh...anyway, are you going to talk to him?" AJ knew he was going to owe Brian for this big time. He was able to just see it now. Maybe I could blame Nick. He thought as he listened to his friend rant.

"Yes, damn right I am going to talk to him. Thanks man" He said and then made his way out the door.

AJ shook his head and walked over to the box that held the stupid ass mouse. The only problem was, when he got there only the box and of course some poop IN the box remained.

"Dammit Kaos! I swear to God..."

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

What now? He thought making his way to the door for the second time in less then ten minutes.

"J?"

"Oh great Mr. Asshole himself...Kevin what do you want? I am busy"

"Have you seen Nick?"

"No, but if I did I would ring his little blotchy red neck, why?"

"Let me in"

"No"

"AJ, you can't still be mad.."

"I am"

"Don't be an idiot"

"Why not? according to you, it's what I do best"

"What did you WANT me to say?"

"I don't know, how about this is my friend, my little brother AJ. He got all dirty from playing in the leaves with your little friends" Kevin was laughing behind the door, not helping the situation any.

"Just let me in"

"Fine" He said opening the door.

Kevin walked in and looked around the room, "So, Nick hasn't been here?"

"I said he wasn't didn't I?"

"Yeah, but he always comes to you when he wants to hide something"

"Not this time"

"Then why did you say you wanted to ring his neck?" That was a good question, he thought to himself. On any other day he would have been more then happy to get his younger friend in trouble with Kevin, but being that he ALSO was annoyed at the man standing in front of him, he decided to help the kid out.

"I don't know, I always feel like ringing that kid's neck. Why should today be any different?"

"So, you haven't seen him carrying a mouse around?"

"Uh...no"

"Okay, but if you're lying I hope to hell the stupid ass thing shits all over you"

"It shit on you?" AJ asked in a half laugh.

"Not on me but my stuff"

"Good serves you right"

"You know, you also asked for it at that nursery school. I mean what kind of a dumbass goes to wash his hands and forgets to rinse off the soap before running his hands through his hair?"

"Shut up Train"

"No seriously? Then you leave it in a foamy mess before coming out of the bathroom"

"I said shut it"

"But not before you start carrying on a one sided conversation with yourself about how dopey you looked. So loud that everyone in the entire place heard you?"

"Yeah so?"

"Yeah so? We had three grown women looking at us with huge smirks on their faces. Isn't he alone in there? They asked. I kind of said yeah, but then the only thing I could think of was to say..."

"I know, I know. I am special" AJ rolled his eyes and Kevin shrugged.

"I don't know what makes me more angry, the fact that you said that or the fact that you thought it was the ONLY logical thing to say"

"It's no big deal. They won't even remember who you are. Hell, I barely remember you and I'm standing right here talking to your ass now"

"Talking to my ass?"

"You know what I mean"

"No, I don't Kevin. I'm special remember?"

"I gotta go find poison ivy head, before he gets rabies on top of his rash"

"Rabies?" AJ hadn't thought of that. If that kid gives me rabies I swear to God..

"Hey, did he tell you how he got the poison ivy?" AJ wasn't fully paying attention to Kevin now that he was busy picturing himself with rabies.

"Hello..earth to AJ"

"Huh?" Kevin started laughing.

"You just had the stupidest look on your face"

"Shut the hell up Kevin"

"I asked you if Nick told you how he got poison ivy?"

"Nope and I'm not sure if I want to know anyway"

"Maybe your right about that one. I was just curious" Kevin turned on his heel and walked out the door.

"Okay well if you see him, tell him I'm looking for him. Even though he already knows that, and for like the tenth time, I am sorry I made those people think you were retarded okay?"

"Fine. Whatever" AJ said in a huff. Kevin smiled.

AJ decided to double bolt the door after seeing Kevin. No one else tonight. AJ is closed. He said climbing into bed. He shut off the light and turned on the television. About three minutes later he felt something crawling on his head. Before he was able to deduce it was Nick's mouse he felt a wet, warm flow of water cascading through his hair.

"Son of a .. I swear to God I am going to kill that kid" He said sitting upright and knocking the mouse off of his head and onto the floor...