- Text Size +
Robin stared at the youngest member of the group he had been following around all day curiously. He always seemed so distracted. Like his brain was always thinking ten things at once. He didn't want to interrupt the voices he was sure the guy was hearing in his head but he needed an answer to his question.

"Nick" Nick looked back over to Robin scratching his neck.

"Oh sorry man, what was the question?" Robin smiled, he knew the kid wasn't even paying attention to him.

"What has been the most embarassing thing you have ever done?"

Biting his bottom lip and looking up at the ceiling, Nick was trying his best to think back to the silliest he has ever felt. Unfortunately there were SO many of these incidents it was hard to keep track of which one made him the most embarassed. Then out of the corner of his eye, he saw something move behind the chair by the window. He turned his full attention to the small shadow.

Robin watched with a look of annoyance, then simple curiosity as the teen he was just interviewing, for no reason whatsoever, got off of his chair, down on all fours and started crawling around the table. He looked down at his notes from the earlier interviews today and decided to write one word...DRUGS.

"Nick, may I ask what you are doing?"

"Shhh" Nick said as he continued to crawl under the table.

Robin found himself on all fours next to him. "What are you looking for?" He whispered.

Nick turned around and put his finger to his lips, "My mouse" He mouthed.

That made Robin reverse his crawl and stand up. "Oh" He said now just plain intrigued.

Suddenly Nick sprang to a full belly flop. Robin couldn't help but laugh. When he moved away from the table, low and behold he was indeed holding a mouse in his hands.

"Well I'll be damned" Robin said to himself as Nick stood up placing the mouse in his pocket.

"I thought you were lost forever after that meanie let you out!" He said to his pocket.

Knowing that Robin was probably perplexed, he decided to explain, "The mouse pooped on Kevin's bed so he got all mad and threw him out of the room"

"Kevin threw a mouse out of his room?" Robin asked raising his eyebrow.

"Yeah, Kev has issues"

"I see" Robin said sitting in his chair once again, "So, Nick the most embarassing thing?"

"You know what man? I need to go hide my mouse. If Kevin finds him he's gonna step on him like he did to that poor lizard"

"What? What was that about a lizard now?"

"Uh..It's a long story, I gotta go" He said nervously as he got up to leave.

"But wait, you still haven't told me.."

"Later dude!"

"But Nick.."

"You don't understand Robin, when Kevin is mad it's like fighting a purple pig in a vat of crayons"

"What does that even mean?" By the time the words even came out of his mouth, Nick was gone.

Robin sat down and sighed. Getting one on one time with these guys was proving to be mission impossible. "Like trying to fight a purple pig in a vat of crayons" He said trying to make better sense of what Nick had said before exiting.

"You having a good conversation with yourself buddy?" Robin jumped when he heard Kevin's voice. "And what was that about a pig?"

"Uh...it's nothing important. Hey Kevin you got a minute?"

"I guess. I actually thought you were interviewing Nick"

"I was trying, he just left" Kevin nodded.

"He didn't happen to have a mouse with him did he?"

"Maybe.."

"That dumb kid is going to attract all kinds of diseases from that stupid thing. God! He Doesn't think sometimes" Robin just sat there listening to Kevin ramble on like he was Nick's grandpa.

"Speaking of which, he mentioned something about you killing a lizard?"

"What?" Kevin rolled his eyes.

"Is it true?"

"No, of course it's not true, but I gotta go man, I'll talk to you later" He left, leaving Robin alone once again.

Robin sat down and gazed over his notes. These guys sure were a little odd. You have one guy, the heartthrob of the group, blotchy from poison ivy chasing a rabid mouse all over the place, then you have the older guy who apparently looks after them all. When he's not abusing reptiles. AJ the mentally retarded one and the two who can't stand each other. One of which claims to be a child of God but swears like he has Tourettes Syndrome.

Truly odd.

"Oh Hi Robin, sorry I didn't think anybody was in here" Well speak of the devil..or angel.

"Hi Brian"

"What are you up to?"

"Trying to find someone to interview" Just at the mention of the word interview, Brian grimaced. It was very clear that he didn't enjoy reporters or having someone spying on him at all times.

"Oh, well maybe Nick is available"

"Tried that... didn't work"

"Oh...then maybe Kevin?"

"What about you?" Brian rolled his eyes. This amused Robin, who decided it was time that Brian spilled his guts.

"See, the thing is...I am busy. I gotta go, but maybe you could interview Howie"

"Yeah...maybe, well have a goodnight Brian"

Brian nodded and turned to leave. Not looking where he was going he accidently walked into the door face first.

"Son of a whore!" He yelled.

Yup Robin wrote looking at the long and rather bizarre list he had compiled so far, truly odd.

Just then he happened to glance back over to the door, which Brian had left open a crack to see Nick on all fours crawling past it whispering the name Cecile.

"I see the mouse must have gotten lose again" He said to himself since no one else would give him the time of day.

Nick popped back inside, giving the reporter false hope. Maybe he had come to finish the interview that ended so abruptly, maybe he would learn what it was really like being in the music business at such a young age, maybe all those deep questions would be answered.

"Hey Robin, do you have a small box I could use?"

Or maybe not.

"Not sure"

"Because I want to give the mouse to AJ but it needs to be in a box"

"Oh"

"And Robin one more thing, if anyone brings up my mouse, just say what mouse? I didn't know he had a mouse... okay?"

"Sure thing Nick"

"Yeah because if Kevin found out.." He started to say shaking his head.

"I know, it would be like kicking a pig in a box of crayons"

"What?" Nick asked looking perplexed. "Dude, you are seriously odd"

Robin just shook his head and popped another Tylenol in his mouth.