- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey everyone! wow it's good to be back with a new chapter! hehe wasn't that long but still. I've been outlining the rest of the series. (read: Prequels) Originally I had one LLLOOOONNNGGG prequel planned. I decided to cut it in two just cuz yeah I'm insane. But the first prequel is all outlined as well as AS which I think is going to be the longest in the series. There's lots and lots of drama and fun to come. So I hope you stay tuned! And as always read and review!!
Chapter Thirteen: Happy First Birthday Jamie!



*********************************
Nick Narrating:



My mother has the absolute worst timing on the face of the mother-fucking planet. Ugh just as Alyssa and I are good again she comes in and disrupts all the harmony that we worked really hard to build in the house. Naturally Alyssa, ever the polite hostess invited her to sit with us for dinner. Even though Alyssa may be royally pissed off at her it doesn’t mean that she’s going to be completely rude and shut her out, especially with the cameras around. Alyssa was completely classy and calm throughout the whole dinner.



My siblings on the other hand…



That’s another story. First Aaron was furious that Mom was there at all. He has a horrible relationship with her. Worse than mine ever was. Aaron chose Dad’s side when they divorced. Thank God Kaci was there to keep his anger at bay. But that didn’t stop him from the occasional and often snide comment. Leslie…she sat and tried to talk to Mom, showing genuine interest which only back fired onto her. Every other statement was about how irresponsible our father is, how his attitudes have warped us into thinking that marriage at a young age is a good idea.



Then I of course chime in with “if anything you and Dad deterred us from marriage longer than a normal family” which ugh I shouldn’t have said because all it did was make the situation worse. Bobbie started drinking; somehow she found the key to the bar and cracked open a bottle of wine, which at one point was drinking from the bottle. Angel sat and sulked the entire time not saying a word.



It drove me insane, we’d gotten to the point to where family dinner was a time where we’d enjoy each other’s company, Bobbie was doing better, Angel was actually expressing emotion. Aaron wasn’t so angry all the time, and Leslie laughed and had fun for once. And, ever since my mother has stepped foot inside my home, all that harmony we worked so hard to build has completely dissolved. I love my siblings, more than anything in this world, and so for them to regress so quickly just because of one person it really hurts me.



Speaking of pain…



The whole fight with Alyssa.... It seems like we’ve been fighting so much lately. More so than we ever have before, it’s really starting to worry me. But then again maybe it’s just pregnancy hormones making her extra touchy lately. I mean yeah I have a whole host of insecurities and her talking with Lori and Kel got to me. I don’t like having people know that I’m really self-conscious. I don’t work twice as hard when I’m in interviews and on stage to have confidence for them to see that it’s all an act. Alyssa is really the only one that I want to see my vulnerable side. I trust her, love her and it just drove me crazy that she went and shared it with them.



But then again…talking with Emma it was really the same thing. She helped, a lot more than I think I’d like to admit. She’s a good person, granted she’s absolutely beautiful but…I won’t go after her, it would completely break Alyssa’s heart and mine as well. I know she’s always afraid that I will cheat on her. And personally I’m afraid I will too.



I think that’s a big reason why I’ve been dying for sex lately. It seems like family is always interrupting us, by over wrought emotions, insecurities. But all I want is to just be with her, close to her. Our intimacy has been waning a lot lately and I miss it, crave it. It’s gotten to the point where I’m almost completely desperate for it. Intimacy, not so much the emotional connection but the physical as well, is what matters so much to me. I’ve always been a person that craves touch, it’s stupid I know but touch is the best of all five senses, to be able to feel, objects, people to me it provides a comfort that not many people can really understand. I mean think about it, the person you love, who you’ve given your heart to, just laying there with you nothing separating you, clothing, insecurities, all you need is to show that person how much you love them and hope that they return it as well. Granted, I’ve had my fair share of meaningless sex over the course of my life. But sex with love, raw, real emotion with it is just completely amazing.



And hopefully that’s what I want tonight with her, just a completely intimate time with her that we both need right now.



End Narration.
********************************************



Nick sighed a little as he stripped down to his boxers and a tee shirt going into the bathroom brushing his teeth. He stood there for a moment looking at his growing scruff on his neck. Alyssa walked up behind him and kissed his shoulder. “So we’re alone…” She stated moving to lean on the counter and move her hand from his forearm to the front of his boxer shorts.



“Whoa slow down there.” He said pushing her back into their bedroom and backing her up to their bed. “I’ve been dying for this, so it’s got to be good.”



Alyssa cocked an eyebrow at him, “Oh it’s always good.” She replied pushing him to sit on the bed.



Nick chuckled and let her take his shirt off. “But I mean I want this to be special…”



“Is it an anniversary I don’t know about?”



Nick sighed and pushed her to lie on her side on the bed trailing his hand on her shoulder then down to her side. “No, it’s just been awhile and I miss being near you.”



Alyssa’s expression softened and she pulled him close, “So what are you waiting for? I miss you too you know.”



Meanwhile…



“Hey Mom, take mine and Mike’s room for tonight we’ll stay down here.” Leslie suggested smiling at her mom.



Jane grinned, “Thank you sweetheart” She replied accepting her offer.



“Beware though you share a bathroom with Nick and Ali so I warn you knock before going in there at all.” Mike warned making Leslie slap his leg.



Jane’s brow furrowed momentarily then went upstairs shaking her head.



Once she left the room Leslie smacked his shoulder, “Just great baby give her ammunition to hate Ali.”



“What? She loves Alyssa I thought?”



“Noooo, she’s tolerant of Alyssa. She liked Ali only when Nick and I were friends with her. The second Nick showed the slightest interest in her beyond friendship even though he didn’t act on it for years she still started to hate on her because anyone Nick’s attracted to is somehow dirty and unclean to her.”



“Well let’s hope they don’t fuck around tonight then.” Mike said as he pulled her to him on the couch making her snicker.



Back upstairs…



Alyssa kissed her way back up his chest smirking at his flushed face and chest. “Told you it’s always good.”



He flipped them over and spread her legs rising up on his elbows. He knew it’d be a little awkward with her expanding stomach between them but he needed to be close to her. Alyssa cried out as he entered her. He threw his head back and sighed in relief. He watched her eyes as he began to move in and out of her. Her brow furrowed as she grimaced in discomfort.



“Nick…stop…”



“What’s wrong?” He asked stilling his movements.



She sighed and pushed him away from her. “It’s uncomfortable, can we change it up?”



A little disappointed but undeterred he let her position them as best as she could. She made him lay down and she faced away from him and sank down onto him rotating her hips slowly. He sat up hugging her from behind as she moved faster over him. He sighed he wanted to see her face, look in her eyes. “Alyssa…uhh wait…”



Alyssa stopped and looked at him over her shoulder. “What lover?”



“This isn’t right I want to…look at you…” He said as she moved away from him making them both groan. He stood up and took her hand leading her into the bathroom standing her in front of the wall length mirror. Thinking momentarily he went and locked both bathroom doors just in case. He moved back behind her and she smirked at him.



She placed her hands on the edge of the counter distancing them just enough so her tummy wouldn’t have any undue pressure on it. He pulled her hips towards his and swished her hair over her shoulder exposing her neck to him. He leaned over kissing along it sinking his teeth in her skin as he entered making her moan rather loudly. She looked up into the mirror catching his stare for a moment as he began to move again.



Meanwhile Jane turned down the sheets on the bed but stopped hearing the door lock on the bathroom door then heard muffled voices and sounds emanating from the other side of the door. What they were exactly, she couldn’t tell. Curiously she walked over putting her ear to the door wondering what exactly was going on. At the exact same moment Nick slid back almost all the way causing Alyssa to contract her muscles around him making him cry out, "Oh, fuck Lissa you feel so fucking tight."



Alyssa moaned and threw her head back replying, “Harder…oh God…fuck me harder.”



Jane backed away from the door completely scandalized and quite frankly disgusted at what she just heard. She shook her head and turned out the lights in the room lying down, a plan forming in her mind.



Back in the bathroom Nick held on tightly to Alyssa’s hips as he moved harder and faster feeling both their releases nearing and their moans grew louder echoing off the tiled walls of the bathroom. Nick moved his hand around the front of her and in-between her thighs making rough circles around her clit. Alyssa screamed feeling her legs begin to shake as her felt her release begin to wash over her. Hearing her let go made him do the same as he came with a rather loud growl slumping against her back in a sweaty exhausted heap. Alyssa looked up seeing him resting his forehead against the crook of her neck and giggled at him.



“What’s so funny?” He asked looking up momentarily as he pulled out of her gently as he could both of them.



“Nothing, just we finally got makeup sex.” She replied giggling harder.



He laughed and pulled her naked body to his kissing her, “Let’s take a shower and go to bed.”



“Sounds like a plan to me.”



At the same time Jane pulled the pillow over her head trying in vain to get some sleep, but the light from underneath the bathroom door combined with Nick and Alyssa’s noises were keeping her awake making her none too pleased with either her son or future daughter-in-law.



The next morning…



Alyssa bounded down the stairs with a large grin on her face. For the first time in weeks she was truly happy. She stopped for a moment seeing Mike and Leslie waking up slowly. “Hey did you two sleep down here?”



Leslie looked up seeing Alyssa standing there in shorts and a maternity shirt. “Yeah we gave Mom the room last night, you know to be polite.”



Alyssa’s eyes grew wide momentarily and she walked into the kitchen silently telling herself not to freak out as she began to make breakfast for everyone. As time passed she forgot all about the possibility of Jane overhearing their makeup session while she cooked.



Jane walked in about ten minutes later seeing Alyssa grinning as she flipped a pancake over and plated some bacon and eggs for everyone. “You’re very happy this morning.”



Alyssa looked up and grinned, “Yep, how many pancakes would you like?”



“I’ll just have some coffee.”



“Are you sure? I made plenty of food.”



“No really thank you though, I just need to wake up…” Jane reassured.



“You didn’t sleep well?” She asked as fear began to rise within her. The worst thing in the world for Alyssa would be for Jane to say something about the night before. Somehow Jane seemed to see right through Alyssa’s seemingly calm exterior.



“No I didn’t sleep well at all. You know Alyssa, I realize my son’s a grown man and has certain physical needs, but I think it’s rude to satisfy those needs so loudly and openly when you have guests in the house.” She replied pouring herself a cup of coffee.



Alyssa’s face flushed in embarrassment, “Well I’m sorry you had to hear that Jane, but it is our house after all. And I don’t think it’s polite to pass judgment on what my fiancé and I do in private.”



Jane smirked at her defiance; it was exactly what she’d hoped Alyssa would say. “It’s truly no wonder why you’re in your…condition…you can’t even keep it in your pants when your fiancé’s mother is attempting to sleep in the next room. Now I see why he’d want to marry you…” She said with a sickeningly sweet grin as she left the room.



Alyssa huffed completely appalled and embarrassed by the whole thing. She set out everything on the table and called everyone down for breakfast.



*********************************
Alyssa Narrating:



I cannot believe her. God how embarrassing…



I can’t begin to even fathom how much that embarrassed me. Granted it’s our house, we’re expected to have sex in our own home, in our own bathroom. I won’t apologize for our sex life. It’s been a little hectic lately and being pregnant is really hard with working and being apart a lot. So when we do have a chance to have sex, the goddamnit I’ll take it. But as long as Jane is in my home then there’s no way.



Call me hypocritical, call me a prude but I can’t help it. What if she fucking tapes us and sells it to the tabloids? Fuck that would ruin my career; it would ruin Nick’s. He’s finally getting his career exactly the way he wants it, with recording a new Backstreet album and his record label and investing his money so we’ll have something for our children to help them get through college and life.



And now…knowing that we’re having a son I’m more determined now more than ever to be a good mother. I don’t want the same relationship with my son that Nick has with his mother. Honestly if I had known the bullshit that Nick and his siblings grew up with I would have never been so kind to Jane over the years as I have.



I understand that Nick wants a relationship with her, now more than ever because he’s going to be a father. But what she said to me, dear God that was insulting. I wanted to say so many things to her. But knowing her all she’d ever do would be to let it come back to bite me in the ass. So I’m just biding my time.



Waiting…



Waiting for her to put herself in her own compromising situation to the point where Nick gives up on her. I know it sounds completely vindictive but I’m just going to let her screw herself over. If she wants to play it this way then I’m going to double back and make her actions come back to bite her in the ass.



I just hope it doesn’t encourage her to do something really horrible.



I’m so happy though. My nephew is a year old now. He’s the absolute cutest kid. He’s always so happy and rarely ever cries unless there’s something really wrong. He’s going to be big and strong just like Clark, but smart and cute just like Lori. Not to say Clark isn’t intelligent he definitely is. I blame our parents for making three brilliant children. Both of them always read to us, talked to us. Helped us in anyway they could with our development. And that’s exactly what I hope to do with our little one. A son… how amazing is that. I hope he looks just like his father. I know sounds cheesy and stupid but I do really hope he does. Same blue eyes, same smile… the little one would be such a heart breaker!! But then again knowing my luck he’ll look exactly like me. Green eyes and brunette hair. Not to say that it’d be wrong but I’d love to have a little clone of Nick, teach him sports and things about life. Keep away from all things in the industry of course but if he’s anything like his father, he’ll have a natural talent for it.



The more and more I think about it, the more and more excited I get to become a mother.



And really that’s just the coolest part.



End Narration.
*********************************



“So we’ve got cake, napkins plates, balloons, presents…what else do we need?” Lori asked marking things off her checklist.



“Hmm a stick removal kit?” Alyssa retorted with a grin. Lori looked at her strangely for a moment as she continued, “You know for the giant stick up your ass!”



Lori wrinkled her nose throwing her pen at Alyssa, “What’s eating you?”



“Apparently not Nick…” Kellie added with a laugh.



“Fuck the both of you.” Alyssa retorted snidely. “And for your information Nick and I haven’t been having much sex lately.”



“Why? You two aren’t called Lola and Bugs for nothing?” Kellie giggled.



Alyssa sighed, “Well we had a fight and got delayed on the makeup sex. Which was fucking fabulous by the way. But then the next morning Jane fucking ruins it because apparently she heard us fucking.”



“So she should be proud of her son, he can please a woman.” Lori suggested as they made their way out of the store with their several bags of party supplies.



Alyssa snickered, “Yeah but this is Jane we’re talking about. She made me feel like a whore.”



Lori’s expression softened. “I’m sorry sweetie, did you talk to Nick about it?”



“No not yet, I’m afraid to, he might even take her side.”



“Well let’s not focus on crazy Jane and focus on today, it’s Jamie’s birthday so let’s go set up and get his party going.”



Meanwhile…



Nick and Leslie both smiled at each other as they walked around the gym heading to the locker rooms completely exhausted but happy with their work outs. “Thanks for coming with me.”



“You’re welcome. I had fun today with you.”



“You did?”



“Yeah, we should start doing this regularly. I know you said you wanted to get a personal trainer but I think on the days you don’t meet with the trainer that you and I could go work out together, you know bond?” Leslie explained making him grin at her.



He nodded and ruffled her hair, “Sounds like a plan to me.” He replied as the split off going into the locker rooms to shower and change. He felt really happy that she decided to come with him. It seemed like he had more and more in common with her everyday. Music, insecurities…they shared a lot more than he wanted to admit. After they finished in the locker rooms they walked out to his car. “I am pretty glad you came with me too. We don’t hang out enough.”



“I agree, you’re my brother and I hardly ever see you.”



“Yeah and are you coming this afternoon? Jamie’s party?”



Leslie grinned, “Hell yeah it’ll be cool, the other siblings are coming too. I’m glad that Mom doesn’t know about it and wasn’t invited. We need a break from her occasionally.”



“Yeah I know, becoming a parent makes you realize that what kind of parent you want to be and see through the mistakes of your own parents.”



She grinned as they drove over to the house. They got out and walked in seeing Jane sitting on the couch reading. “Hey Mom.”



“Hey how was your day?”



“Good, we went and worked out.”



“Oh that’s good, where’s Alyssa?” She asked a little curious as to where she was.



“She’s helping the girls with Jamie’s party.”



“Jamie, Alyssa’s father I thought he died?”



Nick sighed and shook his head, “No not that Jamie, Lori has a son with Clark, Alyssa’s brother and it’s his first birthday, Les and I were invited.”



“Oh…” Jane said getting a hurt expression on her face.



“Mom don’t start, it’s up to Lori and Clark who they invite, the other siblings couldn’t make it because of work, and I’m Jamie’s uncle I’m not missing just because you’re upset you weren’t invited.”



“No I know, it’s just you guys are never home.”



“Well Mom what did you expect we all work for a living. If I’m not here I’m recording, or spending time with my friends or the guys.”



“Yeah I know but I came to visit to spend time with you not to just sit here and do nothing.”



Nick sighed, he really did not want to do this, “Then why don’t you come along to the party? It’s just a barbecue and party for Jamie’s first birthday, the guys and Leighanne and Kristin will be there, Baylee too.”



Jane’s eyes lit up as Leslie rolled her eyes, “Sure thing let me go get dressed.”



That afternoon…



Nick, Leslie and Jane all walked in to Lori and Clark’s LA home smiling. “Hey Lori.” He said giving her a hug.



“Hey Nick! Glad you could make it, your brother ended up coming too.”



“Oh really awesome.” He said smiling, “You remember my Mom.”



“Oh yes hi Jane it’s a pleasure you could make it.” She said politely through near gritted teeth. She knew Alyssa was not going to like this turn of events one bit.



“Where’s Ali?”



“Out back sitting with Kristin, sharing pregnancy stories.”



Nick chuckled and excused himself going out onto the back patio grinning as he saw an open chair next to Alyssa and Kevin and a very pregnant Kristin sitting across from her. Alyssa looked up and grinned as he placed a hand on her tummy and gave her a sweet kiss before sitting down next to her. “So, how’s the pregnancy Kris?”



“Rough, this kid gives me so much heartburn.”



“You know what that means, a full head of hair.”



“Yeah just like his daddy.” Kristin said beaming at Kevin.



Nick grinned at them, “So it’s a boy?”



“Yep, already picked out a name too. Did you guys find out yet?”



Nick nodded, “Looks like history is gonna repeat itself.”



“Why?”



“First born’s a son.” Alyssa finished grinning at him.



Kevin grinned widely at them, “At this rate people are gonna laugh and ask if we’re trying to just create a second generation version of the band!” He joked making Nick laugh.



“Oh yeah this one’s gonna come out singing.” He said taking Alyssa’s hand.



Alyssa chuckled then grimaced. “Ouch.”



“What? Did he kick?” Nick asked putting his hand on her stomach.



“You’re not gonna feel it babe he’s using my ribs as monkey bars.”



Kevin and Kristin chuckled at Nick’s excited reaction. “Oh I hate that!” Kristin said grimacing a little. “It’s worse if you eat too fast. One night Kev went out to get me some ice cream and I ate an entire pint of Ben and Jerry’s in like 10 minutes. Not only did I have the WORST brain freeze ever but I also had the worst upset stomach.”



“I know, as soon as I got out of the first trimester. I was like ‘goodbye nausea and horrible discomfort hello second trimester’” Alyssa grinned just as Jane walked out to the back patio making Alyssa grimace and elbow Nick.



“What?”



“What is she doing here?” Alyssa whispered.



Nick sighed and kissed her temple, “Because she guilt tripped me into coming.”



Alyssa stood up excusing herself as she made her way into the kitchen hearing two voices arguing.



“No Aaron you had your chance with me and you blew it!”



“Kel I love you, I can’t help it. Please just give me one more chance?”



“No! I’m with Alex now, and I love him. If you loved me you should have told me when we were together. I think you’re just upset because you can’t have me anymore and don’t want to see me happy!” Kellie replied storming out of the laundry room stopping when she saw Alyssa standing there. “Don’t start…” She remarked pushing past her and out to the back yard.



Aaron walked out seeing Alyssa standing there with an angry expression on her face. “Care to share what that was all about?”



“Nothing…I just miss her…”



Alyssa stopped him and made him look at her, “You lost her Aaron, don’t fuck with her head. You have Kaci now so be happy with her and leave Kellie alone.”



“What she’s not happy with AJ.”



“Yes she is. She’s been really happy with him. Don’t ruin her happiness just because you’re emotionally retarded. Now stop being this way, especially when your mother just showed up with Nick and Les.”



Aaron rolled his eyes and grimaced, “Why did he have to bring the wicked witch?”



Alyssa giggled a little at his reference, “Guilt trip, you know how it is.”



“Yeah I certainly do.” They said walking out just as Lori came walking up with the birthday cake as Clark held onto little Jamie.



They sang the birthday song as Jamie giggled in Clark’s arms. Afterwards as Lori dished up the cake Jamie wriggled from his father’s grasp. “NIIICCKK!” He squealed going over and jumping on him.



“Hey little man.”



“How long has he been walking?” Alyssa asked a little astonished that her now one-year-old nephew moved around like a two-year-old.



Lori giggled, “About a month now. And he can talk pretty well, like he’s already repeating half sentences.”



“Wow, that’s like really advanced?”



“Yep we talk to him all the time.”



Jamie giggled and reached out for Alyssa, “Wissa, Wissa?” He asked.



“He’s asking for you babe.” Nick added.



“Aww Honey I can’t pick you up!” She remarked getting a little pouty, “That’s the part I hate about being pregnant I can’t pick up my own nephew!” She added as Nick whispered something to Jamie. Jamie jumped down and went over to his Aunt placing his hand on her pregnant belly.



“Baby?” He asked with a curious smile.



Alyssa grinned and patted his hand. “Yep, there’s a baby in there, your cousin.”



Jamie giggled then placed a kiss on her tummy making Alyssa grin. “You know if this one is as cute as Jamie I think I’m really going to enjoy being a mom.”



“You will, kids are fun as get out.” Lori replied grinning.



Later that night…



Alyssa sighed as she sorted through the laundry. Of all household chores, laundry was most certainly her least favorite. While in the midst of sorting out Nick’s and her whites Nick walked up behind her kissing her neck. “Hey.” She relied flatly staying focused on her task and not his touch.



He rolled his eyes thinking she was going to make him work for it tonight. “I was thinking…” He started placing his hands at her sides. “Maybe we could…you know be alone tonight?”



Alyssa scoffed a little, “Not as long as Sybil is here.”



“What? Why? You didn’t have a problem last night.”



“Yeah and this morning your mother oh so kindly made me feel like a whore.”



Nick made her turn and look at him, “What did she say?”



“She said how she thought it was rude to be fucking when my fiancé’s mother is in the next room, how I shouldn’t in my condition and it’s no wonder how we got pregnant and how easy it is to see why you’d marry me.”



“I don’t think she meant it that way.” Nick reasoned trying to diffuse any possible discourse in the house.



Alyssa huffed and pushed his hands away from her, “Oh yes she did. She made it quite clear that she heard us last night and I’m sorry I just don’t feel comfortable with her here.”



“So what do you want me to do? Kick her out?”



Alyssa sighed a little, “No, but as long as she’s here, no sex.”



“You’re withholding sex because of her?”



“Yes Nick, I’m sorry, and I really want to have sex, I do believe me the pregnancy hormones are on overdrive and all I think about is us getting down but I can’t…what if she tapes us and sells it to the tabloids?”



“She wouldn’t do that…”



“She’s sold you out before she’ll do it again.”



Nick shook his head, he didn’t want to believe that, he couldn’t not when he and his mother were beginning to mend all the damage between them. “No she messed up and she apologized for it. She’s just really strapped right now, without working.”



“Nick she’s remarried, her husband buys her whatever the hell she wants, it’s not up to you. She’s his problem now.”



“Problem? What the hell, you’re the one always telling me that it’s okay to want a relationship with her what’s with the change of heart?”



Alyssa’s jaw tightened, “I don’t want to fight with you, I just don’t trust her, she used to be so accepting of us but now that we’re settling down and starting a family she seems to have flipped the switch.”



Nick sighed and ran a hand through his hair. “Are you really serious about this no sex thing? Not even a quickie?”



Alyssa rolled her eyes, “Nick you don’t get it do you?! She made me feel like a whore, in my own home. As long as she’s here, no I can’t in good conscience. I love you and I’m dying to be with you but I don’t trust her, not after this morning.”



Nick balled up his fists and closed his eyes as she walked away. That had definitely NOT gone how he had planned at all.