- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
wow an update! The story is really progressing nicely and things are going to be getting interesting from this chapter on...so as always R&R!!! Thanks everyone!
Chapter Seven: Tabloid Fodder




Nick awoke early that morning hearing what sounded like a large crash from the kitchen. He rolled his eyes figuring it was either Bobbie or the dogs chasing each other again. He glanced in front of himself seeing Alyssa still very much asleep laying on her back, her dark hair splayed out on her pillow and a peaceful expression gracing her features. He moved in a little closer and lightly caressed her bare shoulder.




He froze momentarily as Alyssa shifted in her sleep. He watched slowly as her body stilled and she let out a slight breathy moan. Feeling bolder and wanting to really make up for the night before he started slow trailing his fingertips down her bare arm to her hand bringing up her hand to kiss the inside of her palm. Seeing a slight smirk grace her face he grinned and let go of her hand letting his hand linger at her ribs momentarily before slipping down the slope of her hips as his hand found the sliver of skin on her leg that escaped through the slit of the night gown. Nick slid his hand underneath the blue silk pushing as much as the fabric would allow to the side as he slowly guided his hand to her inner thigh letting the tips of his fingers graze across her. At that moment her eyes flew open. She’d already been half awake to begin with and his movements and only awoken her faster.




Alyssa gave him a lazy smirk and asked, “Just what do you think you’re doing?”




He grinned back and kissed her shoulder, “Making up for last night….”




“Oh really?”




He moved his kisses over her shoulder to her collarbone sucking slightly on her skin. “Yes really.”




She shut her eyes momentarily just enjoying the feeling of his lips skimming across the hollow of her throat. He nibbled and nipped here and there eliciting a slight groan from her as she shifted beneath him trying in vain to get closer. “Nickolas…” She sighed as she began to get restless.




“Patience is a virtue…” He countered getting an annoyed stare.




Alyssa huffed as he kissed and sucked along the lacy edge of her night gown. Getting a mischevious idea she wrapped her arms around him pulling him half on top of her and lifted up his shirt tossing it aside. Feeling his fingers on her again just as he took down her the bodice of her night gown. She arched her back and ground her hips slightly against his hand trying to get more than just a feathery light touch. Feeling a tad bit frustrated at his teasing touches she pushed him off of her and rolled him onto his back and lifted her night gown up and off of herself. “So is fucking your girl when she wants it damnit.” She retorted back as she reached for his boxers.




Just as she did so he leaned up and grasped her shoulders and pinned them against the bed. “Nuh, uh…I think it’s about damn time I had the control for once.”




Her green eyes lightened another shade as he laid himself on top of her kissing along her jaw, down her neck, everywhere conceivable but her mouth. He grinned at the frustrated sigh she made and slipped off his boxers settling himself against her. She grinned up at him bringing her knees up allowing him to enter her as he leaned down claiming her mouth.




As he began to move against her she broke the kiss momentarily to breathe. She absolutely loved it when he was like this, completely in control solely doing so to make them both feel good.




They stayed like that for mere moments when he pushed himself away and pulled her to her knees. She grinned knowing exactly what he wanted as she turned herself to place her back at his chest.




Smirking to himself he bent them both over and thrust inside her making her reach back to grip the hand that held firmly onto her hip. With his free hand he went to her face using his fingertips to push her jaw gently so that she could look slightly behind her and see his eyes. He brought his lips just within inches of hers but instead of kissing her he just watched her eyes as they moved together.




She gasped and let out a low breathy groan feeling her arms and legs beginning to shake involuntarily. Feeling this as well he pushed back and pulled her ontop of him as they laid back onto the bed. She got the hint and straddled his hips sinking down onto him closing her eyes and biting her lower lip. Alyssa looked down slightly watching him watch her expression, she rolled her hips making him close his eyes and growl rather loudly. She smirked to herself and let one hand linger lightly at his chest while the other went behind her anchoring to his thigh. She ground herself harder against him breathing heavily sighing at the rising feeling within her.




He moved his hands to her hips and guiding her as she brought them closer to the edge. He felt her grip weaken on him and he took the opportunity to roll her back over aligning their hips perfectly as he moved harder and more quickly against her. In response she cried out softly wrapping her legs around his waist lifting her knees higher to his ribs allowing him to slip deeper inside her. He pressed their foreheads together momentarily then leaned in to give her a teasing kiss.




She broke the kiss looking up into his eyes, “Nick…I…”




He shook his head and kissed her again only breaking it to say, “Shh…don’t think just feel.” He said as she dug her nails into his shoulder blades. He moved faster as they both trembled feeling their orgasms begin to wash over them. He slowed his movements laying against her kissing her collarbone as she sighed grinning lazily. He looked up seeing strands of hair matted to her browline, both of them completely sated and satisfied. “What?” He asked in response to her grin.




She sighed and grinned more, “Damn…” Was all she could think of to say at the moment.




He chuckled and kissed the top of her chest just below her collarbone in response.




An hour later…




Alyssa bounded down the stairs into the kitchen feeling happy and quite energetic that morning. Not only from her quite impressive wake up but from just generally being happy.




Leslie saw Alyssa and snickered. “Jesus Ali, you’re pregnant and you’re walking around with an ‘I got lucky’ smile.”




Alyssa chuckled and shook her head, “Just because I’m pregnant doesn’t mean I’m dead, besides how do you think I got pregnant?”




“Ew…you had to screw my brother so we could have a niece or nephew.”




Nick walked in at that moment and laughed hard, “Well it’s no different than what I’m sure you and Mike do.” He countered.




“And that doesn’t bother you?” Alyssa asked. “You barely mention my name and sex around my brother he he swings fully into protection mode.”




“I have three sisters it’s more like they protect us which is odd.”




Alyssa put her arm around his waist and grinned at him, “It’s ok, Oli and I protected Clark too.”




Nick walked out of the room for a moment.




“So did you two really this morning? I know Mike interrupted last night, I wanted to apologize for that he and I had a fight.”




Alyssa held her hand up stopping her, “It’s fine I’m glad Mike feels comfortable enough to talk to Nick about it. And Nick more than made it up to me this morning.”




“That good eh?”




Alyssa smirked and arched an eyebrow looking away in response not really wanting to give away too much in front of the cameras.




“Nick you skank!” Leslie shouted making him come back into the room.




“What the…?”




“Nothing just girl talk.” Alyssa countered trying to deflect Leslie’s comment.




“Whatever….so you ready for this?” He asked holding the phone in one hand.




Alyssa nodded knowing it had to be done. He dialed and put the phone on speaker so Alyssa could hear the conversation as well.




“Hello?” Jane answered the phone.




“Hey mom, it’s Nick.”




“Oh honey how are you? You should really call more often! How’s Alyssa, and recording? Have you talked to your siblings?” She spout off.




“Mom, slow down, Alyssa’s great, recording’s good, the sibs are here at the house and umm I wanted to tell you something…”




Jane’s breathing stopped momentarily, “What is it sweetie?”




“Well…ummm….Ali and I are pregnant…you’re going to be a grandmother.”




The line went silent for a moment, “This isn’t one of your pranks is it Nick?”




“No mom, not a prank it’s for real we just found out a few days ago.”




She was silent then spoke again, “Is this why you’re engaged? Because having a baby is no reason to get married Nick.”




Nick closed his eyes and reigned in his anger, Alyssa remained silent scared of saying something. “No mom, only your generation gets married because they’re pregnant out of wed-lock.” He sniped back referring to the fact that his parents had done the same.




Alyssa moved her hand to his back rubbing gently trying her best to quell the indignation that dripped from his voice. She hated it when he got this way, so upset that there was nothing she could really do at this moment except to just let him know that she was there by his side.




Nick looked over at her and rolled her eyes in frustration.




“Nickolas Gene I am your mother…”




“Oh spare me the lecture…”




“So when’s the wedding, I’ll have to fly out immediately to help with the preparations.”




“No mom we’re waiting to get married…”





At that time Alyssa chose to interject, “Jane really it’s not like we planned for this to happen but well it did and we’d really like for you to be involved in our life as a family.”




“Really? And you didn’t just plan it to trap my son into a commitment?”




Alyssa sighed, “I’d like to think that you’d know me better than that Jane after all these years.”




Jane grew silent for a moment., “Well wedding or no, I thnk I should still come out there.”




“Sure mom, whatever you say, but I think it should wait a couple of months you know until Ali is farther along. Right now it’s just not a good idea with our schedules and all.”




“What’s so important in your schedules that you can’t spare sometime to spend with your own mother Nickolas…”




Nick rolled his eyes and sighed ‘Hmmm I don’t know maybe that I don’t want to deal with you?’ Nick thought silently to himself. “Because I’m getting ready for another album, Ali is teaching almost 40 students and coordinating 80 others.”




“Oh so you’d rather concentrate on your careers than spend time with your poor mother?”




Nick closed his eyes, “Mom, I’m really not in the mood for guilt trips so don’t try it. You know how my life is, you’re the one who wanted this life for me so don’t start complaining now about not being able to see me. You made your bed when you started pulling bullshit on me and Aaron now you have to lie in it.” He said sternly hanging up the phone.




“Well that went…well…” Alyssa remarked.




Nick took a deep breath, “Kill me if I turn out to be like her…”




“You won’t…” Aaron said firmly. “Bobbie’s already on her way to being her.”




Alyssa sighed, “Nick I understand you’re mad but she still is your mother.”




“She insulted you, calling you a golddigger.”




“And that makes her different than any fan calling me one?”




Aaron chuckled, “She does have a point…”




Nick shot him a glare, “But she’s going to be your mother-in-law aren’t you the least bit mad?”




“I’m more saddened by her behavior than anything. You’d think that being her age that she’d have some sense of maturity but it seems as if her children are more mature at this point.”




Nick grinned a little and kissed her temple, “See this is why I’m marrying you, you’re so level headed.”




“Not normally remember I am the one that doesn’t deal with loss easily.”




“Does anyone?” Aaron countered.




“Well no, but still Nick I know you wanna be mad at her but maybe we should try to mend things with her, she’s going to be a grandmother, and I’d like to have her at our wedding when we do have one. Considering only one of my parents can attend.”




“OOhh that’s a low blow there, making me feel bad because I still have both my parents.” Nick said giving her a look.




“I didn’t mean it like that, I just mean, it’s going to be our day, and I’d like her to be there.”




“Besides dude if she’s not invited then she’ll bitch at you for the rest of your life you know that right?”




“At least you told Dad already.” Aaron reminded, “He was happy for you.”




“Yeah but still he still asked the same question she did.”




“Well maybe they’re just being concerned that you may be rushing a little.”




“Do you think we’re rushing?”




“No, it’s been long overdue for us to settle down.”




He grinned a little and nodded.




Later that day…




“Nick!!! Ali!!!” Leslie shouted making everyone run into the room. “You’re on television!” She exclaimed making them roll their eyes.




“Only on The Insider, Nick Carter and fiancé Alyssa Monroe are expecting! A phone interview with the popstars mom Jane Carter reveals all tonight.”




“She didn’t?!” Alyssa stood there shocked.




Nick closed his eyes and shook his head. “I knew I should have let the fans know first before telling her. FUCK!” He yelled and stormed up stairs and slammed his bedroom door shut.




Alyssa jumped when the door slammed and she closed her eyes knowing the immense amount of damage control it was going to take to calm him down. She trudged up the stairs the cameras not far behind her. She walked into the bedroom and looked at Nick who was lying face down on the bed with his head resting on his arms. He saw her walk in and he rolled onto his back. She noticed how the room wasn’t demolished as she would have expected. She walked over and and sat on the bed next to him. Alyssa relaxed and laid her head on his chest laying on her side and just listened to his heart beat as they laid in silence.