- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This story is for my loyal reader ANITA! It's in the works and I hope to get it done fast...cause the idea is straight in my head. Hope you like! Sorry I was writing it in first person, but I decided third will be better cause I can throw in parts of HIS life too.


Anita made herself comfortable on the mound of dirt it was fresh only a couple of months old…it wasn’t even a mound anymore, she leaned against the tomb and curled up.

This was were she came when things weren’t going to smoothly at home, which was all the time. Her mother had turned into a wicked witch and her sister wasn’t to far off.

She lived in a beat up trailer park, in a small trailer, somewhere in North Las Vegas. She hated it but ever since her mother had lost her job there wasn’t much that they could do but afford a cheap ugly trailer.

She wiped the tears that flooded her cheeks, it had been almost six months ago, but it felt like yesterday.

She had decided to attend a party with some friends from the trailer park, once they were there things got a little to out of control and she was left behind, to drunk to deal with it. She picked up my phone and called her dad.

He answered like always with a pleasant voice he greeted her, he had just gotten home from work. He was a very well known slot technician for the MGM, and he made good money too.

She began with her long story of how she was to drunk and the party was just getting out of hand. He didn’t sound to convinced to drive out forty five minutes just to pick her up, and She understood, but he didn’t’ expect that she walk either.

She was a little leery about him making the trip, he said his truck wasn’t working to well but he would make the sacrifice to pick up his little girl. He told her it would be about forty five minutes to an hour before he got there, she told him, that she loved him very much and hung up.


God throws you some curve balls that you are just not prepared for.

Alva always says Anita is weird for sitting on someone’s tomb “Aren’t you afraid someone’s arm is going to come up from the ground and just pull you in.” she always jokes.

She wishes her daddy would pull her in, then She would be with someone that she loved and that actually loved her back. Yes, you heard right, her dad…she was sitting on his grave.

An hour had gone by and no sign of him, She shivered as she hugged herself, it had started to sprinkle and it looked like in the distance there was a storm. Anita thought to herself, that the drive couldn’t’ be easy in that weather, so she would wait a little longer.

But after two hours she began to worry and a horrible feeling grew in the pit of her stomach. Finally someone decided they could give her a ride back, they were going the same way.

They made their way down that lonely road, she kept her eyes peeled making sure she wouldn’t miss him if he drove by. But she saw more than that, police, an ambulance and her daddy’s truck.

She asked the person driving to please pull over and before he came to a complete halt Anita was out of the car. The cops grabbed her, but she pleaded to get through and yelled that, that was her daddy’s truck.

She didn’t like the way they looked at her as the ambulance zoomed off. “He’s in there” one of them said as she ran back to the car and asked to be dropped off at the hospital

She waited and waited. The time was lagging and she was so anxious, waiting for the nurse to let her know that her daddy was ok. But instead she saw the doctor taking off his little hat and looking at her apologetic. “I’m sorry…but he didn’t make it"

His damn truck stalled and he got off to check it, but it was pouring…without thinking clearly he tried giving her a call. But the phone slipped out of his wet hands. When he bent down to get it a car didn’t see him and drove right over him.


She would never forget that horrible day.

Boy did she hear it from her mother day in and day out, how it was her fault that he was dead, if he wouldn’t have gone out for her.

You killed him, she yells at her every time she’s drunk or high.