- Text Size +

So the guys headed out for their tour, and Anita began her new job. A job that didn’t pay her enough to pay for her room at the Ramada, the days were going by and she realized that soon she would have to get out and find a new refuge. Anita got to know the girl she had spoken to the first time she stepped foot into the fancy restaurant. Tara Evans was her name a spunky blonde, that knew everything there was to know about Hollywood.

The girls sat in a small single apartment. Although the place was like a box, she had turned it into a really nice place. Her kitchen was at the entrance with a breakfast bar as the table. A tiny hall, if it could be called that parted two closets and the door in between was the bathroom. As you kept walking she had a love seat and three black bean bags laying in what she called her living room area. Then she had a long heavy curtain like a wall covering what she called her bedroom.

“It’s not the best thing but I made it my own. I pay almost nine hundred dollars.” she sighed.

Anita knew that the restaurant job didn’t give her enough to pay the apartment and let her party like she did. “That’s a lot of money. How do you do it?” she questioned as she continued to inspect the small sanctuary.

“Well to tell you the truth Anita I have a side job. I’m a go go dancer…not a stripper. But a dancer at a club called Sultry. Another high end place…we should go this Friday I saw the schedule and we both have that day off. I work there on weekend nights.”

Anita wasn’t to convinced, but she didn’t have friends and getting closer to Tara would probably land her a corner somewhere in this small space.

Nick huffed and puffed, they had just come off stage somewhere in Europe he didn’t even remember. All he knew was that he hadn’t forgotten the words to the songs he had sung or the moves and that was important. Even though in the distance a couple of times he had spotted someone that resembled her.

He sighed hard, it was all still fresh in his mind and he wanted to forget it. Forget that night. Forget Anita.

AJ stood next to him puffing on a cigarette “So your going to be mad at us forever?”

“No AJ how about tomorrow we go and take a trip to Cabo and sip on margaritas” he replied with total disgust “What do you want me to feel towards you. You lied to me, you brought some women to me…that you picked up at a strip joint. How the hell do I know if she had any diseases.”

AJ sighed taking another puff of his cigarette. “Anita is a decent girl. She was really wasted because her mother who is an awful woman asked her to do who knows what…I never got to what it was. When we saw her dancing, we figured she was pretty, she could move and you would like her. It’s no different than all the other skanks you pick up at the clubs.”

Nick closed his eyes, imagining Anita dancing around on a pole. Walking about with her little purse hanging from her wrist, holding who knows what besides her tips. “I can’t believe you. I tried forgiving you guys…her…I racked my brain and I just can’t AJ. That is really fucked up! She can die for all I care.”

AJ chuckled flinging his cigarette butt to the ground “Oh come on. If you love the girl you will always worry and want to know how she is.” he chuckled again.

Nick gave him a menacing look “She can…DIE for all I care.” he walked back onto the bus. Leaving AJ pensive. He sat on his bunk, although the words had come out of his mind. He knew damn well it wasn’t true, if they told him Anita was dead. Nick would bust out in tears. She wasn’t even dead and he wanted to burst out in tears.

Anita had gotten the hang of her new job, it wasn’t easy. She was ignored sometimes as she greeted and said her name, or food was sent back because they had ordered their food dry and a dab of sauce lay on the plate and the worse one that the plates were dirty or there was a hair in their food. Never had she imagined that rich people were so full of shit.

Of course there were perks to working there, celebrities, sports figures, and supermodels came and went on a daily basis and if they liked you. Tips could be up to a crispy hundred dollar bill. Samuel L Jackson had walked in once, she remembered him from the famous Pulp Fiction. He was serious, his voice hoarse. Anita had tried her best to take his order right, keep checking on him and smile a lot. The while he was at the table he didn’t boast a smile or a friendly tone. Once he was leaving he let Larry know that ANITA was one of his best waitress yet and gave her the first crispy hundred and a wide smile.

She stood right above the restaurant which was now closed as she reminisced about her Samuel encounter. The music was bouncing off the walls and could be clearly heard every time a body stepped in or out of the club. There was a long line, which formed right behind her.

“I’m so sorry I’m late, but I couldn’t find my shorts.” she giggled opening her coat to reveal her outfit. “You like it…it’s kinda neat I feel like I’m wearing babies ruffled undies.” Tara giggled at Anita’s shocked expression.

“So we have to get in line, look at it. We’ll be in there by tomorrow morning.” Anita griped she was still tired of her day and half shift from the day before.

Tara took her hand and pulled her towards the door, the man inspecting their ID’s and quickly letting them go by “See the perks of hanging out with me. No waiting of course cause I work here. So why don’t you look around I’m getting my schedule to see what time I hit the dance floor. Cool!” she walked away leaving Anita nodding her head.

Anita made her way around the fancy club, chandeliers hung from the ceiling, giving just enough light to make out a person’s silhouette. You could be butt ugly and get lucky in this lighting. she thought to herself and giggled. She looked around the girls in their pumps, strappy shoes or pointy boots. Their hair silky and expensive pieces of clothes as dresses wrapped their bodies. Most of them looked like they were deprived of food, she looked at herself for a second in her ordinary black tunic and her mini jean skirt and some black flats.

As she kept walking people mingled, some were passed out, others hung out in cabana like rooms with beds and couches, the tables littered with alcohol. As she stared at a couple that made out intensely she bumped into a tall, slender guy with long dark hair in a ponytail. “Oh shit” he said, making sure not to spill his drink.

“I’m so sorry…” she smiled apologetically. There was no way she could offer to buy him another, it wasn’t pay day till next week.

The man was gorgeous, he was like a black stallion out in the fields, among many ordinary horses. His eyes were hazel, with long eyelashes, his lips plump and the teeth he exposed with his exquisite smile were perfectly aligned. His eyes looked her up and down, making her uncomfortable. “Please don’t worry about it. Actually would you like a drink?” he asked with such a manly voice.

Although he was talking to her, she was still in a daze by his looks. His eyes were alluring like a vampires stare. “Uh…sure why not?” she couldn’t pass up the chance to get a free drink. She felt so out of place, with a small buzz, there would be no stopping her from fluttering around like a butterfly.

Nick chugged the shot of tequila, gritting his teeth at the burning sensation in his throat. “Another please” he signaled the bartender. He looked around, there were so many beautiful women tonight and for old times sakes and to mend a broken heart. He would find the hottest one and take her back to the hotel. So he began to scan the place, blondes, brunettes, red heads, skinny, anorexic, chubby, tall, short, in dresses, and in jeans. There was a great variety to choose from.

Howie and AJ sat in a corner just watching Nick drink down shot after shot. They knew that sooner or later the man would either be carried out of the place, or leave with his arm draped over some girl he was going to try to forget Anita with. “Can’t stop feeling really guilty about this. Look at him drinking like he’s…I don’t know…” Howie protested “We should just stop him”

AJ glared at Howie “Howard if we interfere right now, all we are going to get is a beat down by some dude that is WAY taller than our asses. So I suggest that we sit here and wait very patiently for him to decide what he’s doing tonight. Meanwhile we should scope out some hotties ourselves.”

Howie crossed his arms “So what Casey is out of the picture now?” he raised his eyebrows waiting for an answer.

AJ sighed hard and chugged the shot that had just been placed on the table. “I don’t know I mean I have to see this from her point of view. Then again I told her trusting she wouldn’t do what she did. So I don’t know. Meanwhile why not have someone help me decide.” he rubbed his hands together as he went on a search of his own.

Howie took a seat and sipped on his drink, trying to figure out why he was in this mess. He wondered if Anita was ok because, by the looks of it Nick wasn’t . This would all get better, he had a gut feeling.

Anita smiled at the tall man, he had bought her a couple of drinks already and the whole club was spinning. “That’s my friend Tara” she squinted her eyes trying to make out the real girl as she approached them. “Tara” she threw her arms on the sweaty girl.

“Hey your drunk…nice! Hey Vince!” Tara kissed the guys cheek “I see you met Anita…what do you think?” she smiled wickedly.

He had a very strong voice “Yeah she is a piece of work. So listen we are having a party back at my house…oh here comes Derek.” he pointed at a shorter guy with the same face, and colored eyes, except his hair was wavy and combed back. “Derek” he shouted.

“Hey what’s going on. Tara…and who is this?” he smiled taking Anita’s hand in his and kissing it softly. “Listen I need a couple of girls…the kind that will do it all. None prissier like the ones you took last time.” he rambled on about beautiful girls and money, lots of money. Anita just sat swaying back and forth, as the alcohol ran through her body, making her feel good.

“Where are we going?” Anita asked as she hopped into the limo with Tara, Vince, Derek and a group of women. “I just want to go home” she was still seeing two of each, so in her eyes the limo was crammed with people.

“We are just going to a party Anita. It will be fun you will see. Why don’t you close your eyes for a second while we get there.” Tara spoke soothingly as Anita closed her eyes.

When she woke up, she was in a big bed all alone in the dark. She stood up to look for Tara, but found herself falling back onto the bed. Her vision was blurry and all she could make out was a tall figure walking towards her. “Vince…?” she questioned “Derek…?” she didn’t know which one it was, but she was sure it wasn’t Tara.

Her vision came and went, finally she could make out some of the face. “Listen Anita…you should take this. It will make you feel better.” the voice requested “Here…” he offered, but Anita pushed the small plate away. “Come on just do it. It will make it easier to work tonight.”

Anita’s eyes flew open with the last word “Work?” she questioned rubbing her eyes to see better “I don’t understand…” she recoiled towards the headboard. Vince placed his hand on her leg “Yeah Tara is already on her second. It’s your turn baby.” He ran his hand over her leg “Now it’s better that you don’t fight it and go along with me. Now take this”

He held the plate with two different lines of white powder on it. Right away she knew what it was, never had she tried it, but she had seen it and what it could do. “NO! I won’t take that shit.” she pushed it away, almost knocking it out of his hands.

“Do you know who I am…I get what I want Anita. I’m going to pay you well…and then you’ll keep coming back.” placing the plate on the table, he suddenly reached out grabbing her hair and pulling her to her feet. She let out a yelp as he pushed her to her knees. “Now take it…”

She was sober. Very sober. As she looked down at the powder the tears began to trickle down her cheeks “Please…don’t…I don’t want to do this…” she pleaded, trying to wiggle away, but he tightened his grip and suddenly pushed her face into the plate. She still cried as the small particles of the powder itched into her nose.

“DO IT” he yelled making her jump, then she did it. Slowly she inhaled one line, then the other, her nose burned and she quickly felt the affect. Her face was going numb and her legs wouldn’t let her up. Vince never let go of his grip “Get up” he demanded. Pulling her up to her feet, he wrapped an arm around her waist. She didn’t fight, she couldn’t her body was weak and the room was now spinning.

“Please…stop it…don’t…” she slurred trying her best to push away Vince, who had seemed to be a nice guy. Now he was on top of her, jerking at her clothes to come off.

“Your going to like this…you will see” he panted as he struggled with her.