- Text Size +

The next morning Nick pounded on the bathroom door, he huffed with irritation. “You know…it would have been nice if SOMEONE would have told me that we would have a HOOKER on the bus.” he spat and walked into his room.

Howie took a sip of his coffee “This is going to be lots of fun” he muttered to himself.

Anita rolled her eyes at Nick’s comment as she stared at herself in the bathroom mirror, she hadn’t noticed the hand print on her shoulder, it was turning brownish yellow now. Although she hated remembering, anytime she looked at herself, blurred images of that horrible night crowded her mind.

She exited the bathroom fully dressed in some jeans and a t-shirt, her wavy hair fell over her shoulders. “The hooker is out of the bathroom, you can go now…you big baby!” she yelled towards Nick’s room.

He exited, only a towel wrapped around his waist, she looked away her cheeks flushing instantly. “It’s about time…” he walked into the bathroom, slamming it for emphasis on his irritation.

“Is he always this pleasant in the morning?” Anita faked a smile as she served herself a cup of coffee.

“Uh he‘s not a morning person.” AJ patted her on the back “Plus he must be very uncomfortable with…you know.” AJ just shrugged, not wanting to bring up the topic.

Howie patted the stool next to him “Honey, you’ll just have to get used to it, cause he’s been like this since that night. Hell one minute he‘s cool with us, the next he‘s biting our heads off.” AJ nodded in agreement.

The day was uneventful for everyone, Nick stayed in his room, he had only come out to the living room grumpily to take his game console back to his room. “TV hoggers…” he had complained as he made way to his room. Making the threesome burst out in laughter.

“He’s quite funny this way. He really dislikes me.” she frowned.

“All I can say is that you are saving me from all his dumb and annoying pranks.” Howie sighed with relief. “Cause he can really get annoying, you know!”

AJ began to laugh “Well you are going to be a dad, shouldn’t you get some practice on being patient and caring?” he continued to snicker, as Howie flung a pillow right in his face and ran away. “OW! That hurt you know!” AJ grabbed another one and chucked it into the air.

“Could you…” the pillow ricocheted off of Nick’s head “Fucking assholes! That hurt…”

Howie stood laughing so hard, he couldn’t speak “Run…A…J…run” he continued to laugh.

AJ began for the door, just as Nick sprinted after him. “I’m going to get you for that!” he reached out for AJ, just as he exited the room.

Anita laughed “Wow is it like this everyday here?” Howie nodded “He’s not really going to hurt him…is he?” she looked at him worried.

“Naa…they will just wrestle like kids in the middle of the hall, until Leighanne or Brian comes out and gets on to them, for setting a bad example for Baylee.” he wiped his eyes. “So we are heading to a club tonight after the show. Do you want to come?” he took a seat back on the sofa.

 

 

Anita’s flashes returned, giving her goose bumps. She told herself she wouldn’t step foot in a club for a while. “Oh no…I’m staying far from clubs for a while.” she shifted uncomfortably in her seat.

Howie watched as her expression turned dark and worried. “Uh…Anita I’m not sure what happened to you out there. I hope nothing really serious, but your safe here. I mean even though Nick is pissed, he’ll take care of you too. Do you want to talk about it…?” he nodded questionably.

She nodded her head “I can’t…not yet!”

He hugged her shoulder “Ok…you can always talk to me if you need some help. If you need to talk to a woman, we have AJ who can put on eyeliner without a mirror.” Anita giggled “I’m just kidding. We have Leighanne who you will meet in a while. She’s nice and very girlie. Oh and hyperactive…”

Just as they got up from the sofa, Nick came in holding AJ in a headlock “Ok…I’m sorry…” Nick squeezed his head. “Ow! I’m not saying it!” he punched Nick in the side.

“Say it…” Nick demanded.

AJ rolled his eyes “I AJ Mclean love cock…” Nick began to laugh and squeezed him again “What…now?” AJ choked.

“Louder, the fans can’t hear you.”

“Your just…jealous cause…the girls like…me more…” AJ strained to tease Nick.

Nick glared at Anita, remembering the accusations from Casey. He had never really cleared them up and if he had, he didn’t believe it. “Yeah all the hoes always end up with you…” he abruptly let go of AJ’s head and stormed back to his room.

Anita’s stomach fluttered as he said the words. She knew why he was saying it, and it hurt. “Well…I better get dressed for the show.” she frowned and headed to the room that was AJ’s.

Howie and AJ looked at each other “Wow…he’s still pissed. I mean really pissed.” AJ rubbed his neck.

“Ya think!” Howie groaned. “Come on Brian will be in here rushing us any minute. We got a show tonight.”

Nick sat on the bed, he wasn’t sure what aggravated him more. That she was staying with them and he hated her. Or that he was happy to have her so close, because he still loved her. “This sucks…” he muttered.

Anita watched from her front row seats along with Leighanne, who was very friendly with her and Baylee whom was adorable in every way. She watched as the guys sang, danced and flirted on stage, making the woman go into a screaming frenzy. After the show everyone shuffled into the vans and were transported back to the hotel to get ready for the night out.

“I heard your not going to the club tonight.” AJ walked next to Anita “That’s too bad. Are you sure you’ll be ok here alone?” he questioned with a worried look.

She smiled “Yeah I’ll be fine AJ thanks. Anyways I convinced Leighanne and Brian to go with you guys. Let them get out for a night at least. I’m watching Baylee.”

“That’s great, you’ll have fun with him.” Howie added to the conversation.

Around midnight the group of friends were barely leaving. Brian carried in an already sleeping Baylee. “Sorry he goes to sleep early. Except concert days, he must be tired.”

“Oh it’s ok…I need some rest myself. You guys go and have some fun.” she smiled closing the room door, then snuggling into the covers next to the curly headed boy.

A couple of hours later, she could hear snickering and things being moved around, she sat up startled. She looked around for something to use as a weapon, she wasn’t taking any chances. The first thing she could find was the hair dryer. She held it like it was a gun and exited the room slowly.

“Is someone there?” she mumbled, her voice shook with force.

The snickering continued, but no one answered her. She suddenly shifted on the lights to find Nick on the couch, a blonde straddling him as they made out. Quickly she hid the blow dryer, feeling foolish over her paranoia.

“Damn it! I forgot you are here…come on Connie. Is it?” he pulled the blonde towards his room “Just wait in there for me baby…” he smiled, as she gave him a sloppy kiss. “Wow nice weapon you got there. What were you going to do…dry me to death.” he laughed mockingly.

“I thought…aren’t you supposed to be at the club?” she asked groggily and irritated.

He smiled “Your jealous!”

“I am not! You can do whomever you wish.” she began for the room.

He yelled at her “You made me this way…”

She ignored him and closed the door behind her. He was right, jealousy was burning inside of her, and she could imagine that it was exploding through her eyes. That’s how he knew. She was to tired to bother with him and his stupidity tonight.