- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Anita confesses...

The next morning everyone had checked out of their rooms, and were gathered at the hotel restaurant to have breakfast. Baylee chomped on his pancakes, he seemed to be the only one eating at the time. Everyone else stared into space or talked amongst each other. AJ had been right about Emmy, she never shut up and had a high pitch giggle, that sent chills down your spine. Nick seemed to be the center of her attention as she flirtatiously ran her hands wherever they would land, he didn’t seemed bothered by her directness.

AJ stood up and approached Anita, who tried hiding her discomfort. “Hey I thought we would talk now” he grinned.

“Oh yeah sure!” she stood up.

Leighanne smiled at the twosome “We are going to go shopping. You two didn’t want to come with?” she smiled again, everyone was so smiley around here.

“I might meet up with you guys in a bit” AJ nodded, looking over at Anita.

“Oh no thanks. I’m just going to stay on the bus. You guys have fun.” Anita waved at them as they headed to the bus.

Nick huffed, he didn’t like how close AJ and Anita were becoming. He was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, but all her sweetness with AJ. Just made it difficult for him to imagine them doing anything other, than screwing each others brains out on the bus.

“Earth to Nick. Are you coming shopping with us?” Emmy asked sticking her finger playfully in his ear.

“No, I have something to do.” he stood up and left without another word.

Howie nodded his head in confusion “That man is just weird. Alright people let’s head out…I have to call Leigh and see how she is doing.” he took out his phone and began to dial as they filed out of the restaurant, through the lobby and into the vans.

Anita took a seat on the sofa, and let out a shaky breath. AJ sat beside her, taking her hand in his “Something is wrong Anita…you want to talk about it? You can tell me…I got you into this mess.” AJ was serious as he took her hand. “Everyone is out doing their sight seeing.”

Her face was pain stricken, the memories swirled around and around in her head. She looked down at her lap, she couldn‘t think of a good way to start the story. There wasn‘t really a way to start it, “It’s not easy to talk about it…I feel ashamed. Tara…the girl from work. She invited me to a club, called Sultry, were she was working as a gogo dancer. So we went and I…met a guy Vince.” she bit her lip “We talked, we were having a decent conversation. Then they decided that we…go back to their place.”

AJ shifted in his seat, he wasn’t sure where the story was going. Had she done drugs? Slept with someone? Someone’s? Had she been…? NO he thought to himself as he nodded, letting her know that he was still listening.

“All I know is that I ended up in his room and he hit me and made me snort two lines of coke…I didn’t want to AJ. He hit me and after I took it…I was…I was like dead.” she began to cry. “I could barely see and feel anything. I was numb!” the tears were rimming her eyes.

Nick began to walk onto the bus and overheard the twosome talking. He quietly stood forcing himself to hear the conversation between the twosome. This was a chance to find out what was between them, and if anything that she ever told him was true.

“Oh Anita! Did he…?”

She nodded “Yeah…him and three others. I can’t remember anything, just their faces." she hugged herself "I'm so embarassed...I could never tell Nick.” she wiped away the tears with the side of her hand.

Nick’s eyes widened, the only words his brain processed were 'him and three others' his eyebrows furrowed with anger and his fists clenched. “Whore” he whispered walking off.

“I was really bruised all over. I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHAT THEY DID TO ME!”

“Did you go to a doctor? Report it to the police" she shook her head without a word, AJ balled his fist “This is all my fault, if we wouldn’t have…this wouldn’t have happened. I feel so guilty.” he began to pace.

She stood up, wiping away the tears “No, it’s not your fault. It’s mine, I should have known better…I thought she was my friend.”

He hugged her tight “Don't ever say that, no one EVER deserves to be violated like that. I’m so sorry” he whispered in her ear.

“I just needed to tell someone, I felt like I was going to go crazy. But I think I’m going to be ok. Why don’t you go and meet up with the others, I need to be alone.” she squeezed his hand.

“Are you sure?” she nodded “Alright” he kissed her cheek and then exited the bus.

She laid down on the sofa and closed her eyes. Her hands rested on her chest.

Nick watched as AJ hopped into the Lincoln and then entered the bus as quietly as he could. “Hey…” he said, startling Anita.

She sat upright “Oh I didn’t hear you come in.” she looked at the floor as silence filled the room.

Nick cleared his throat “Why are you here? You didn’t make enough money the last time? Or is it AJ’s turn this time around?” he retorted.

Anita stood up and made way towards the bunks “It’s nothing like that. I…California didn’t work out for me…” she stammered, coming to a stop in the middle of the bus.

He pushed her against the wall and clasped a hand on her shoulder “Why cause they didn’t pay you enough. They don’t let hookers roam the streets there, you should know that.”

“Nick just stop with the insults already. Your hurting me…” she nudged her shoulder out of his grip. “I know that you dislike me…but I didn’t mean to hurt you. I…”

“Shh…you want to have some fun, I still didn‘t get anything for winning the game the other day.” he pulled her against him.

She put her hands against his chest in defense “Stop Nick…this isn’t funny!”

“Oh come on! You can do it with everyone else, except for me.”

She pushed him, but he didn’t move. He pressed himself against her, his hands on her waist now. “Nick…you have me all wrong. Just…move. PLEASE!” she yelped.

He was so angry, that he was ignoring her. He leaned into her ear “You could screw four guys at the same time. But you can’t give…me a…”

“What? How do you know that?” she looked up at him in horror. “Who told you?”

He smirked with disgust “So it’s true, you did screw four guys…nice way to confirm that you are a dirty whore…” he continued to ramble on, squeezing her sides so tight she was wincing in pain.

Unexpectedly she pushed him hard, making him stumble into his bunk “THEY RAPED ME YOU ASSHOLE…ALL FOUR OF THEM RAPED ME!” she shouted, with tears streaming down her face. “IS THAT WHAT YOU WANTED TO HEAR” her voice broke with the last words.

Nick’s eyes widened, and his heart thudded with force against his chest “Wha..t?” The bus seemed to spin, and he felt a faint humming in his ears. He watched as she stood, her body shaking with sobs, her hands covering her face. “I’m…I’m sorry.” he finally muttered.

Sooner than she could object his arms were wrapped around her and her face rested on his shoulder “Don’t touch me…I’m dirty…I‘m worthless now.”

He caressed her hair and took in her familiar scent. His grip tightened around her, he wanted to take all her pain away. “No your not. That was not your fault Anita. Nobody deserves that. Come on.” he walked over to his bunk and helped her in. Cautiously he laid next to her “Is it ok?” he looked over at her.

She didn’t answer, just shook her head and snuggled into his side. He held her while she cried until sleep came over her and he finally heard AJ and Howie.

“Hey Nick, have you seen Anita?” AJ asked a concerned look on his face, he didn’t want her doing anything stupid.

“She’s not back here…” Howie yelled making way back to the bunks.

Nick pressed his finger on his mouth and shushed the twosome “She’s in here…” he whispered as AJ and Howie quickly stuck their heads in the bunk. “Long story…I’m an ass is all I will say!”

AJ smiled “We could have told you that.”

Howie chuckled “How did this come about?”

“You don’t want to know…” Nick sighed “She told me…about…” he couldn’t even say the words.

AJ nodded “Well it’s a horrible circumstance, but I’m glad to see her back where she belongs.” he pinched Nick playfully as he dragged a confused Howie to the back. "Come on I'll tell you the horrible story!"