- Text Size +

A week of traveling had gone by and the bus was much more peaceful, Nick and Anita had their moments of getting along and then others of bickering for no reason. Other than that, the bus was at peace between the foursome.

“I’m ready to kick your ass today!” AJ nudged Nick with his shoulder, as he held the football in his hands.

Nick rolled his eyes and crossed his arms “You are a scrawny ass…there is no way your getting past me.” he cocked his head “Plus I have Ed on my team.” they both turned to look at the overgrown black guy in a tight shirt.

“Shit!” AJ muttered, knowing the damage that Ed could cause. He looked around at his team. Howie, his own bodyguard who wasn’t as pumped as Ed, some other guys and Emmy who jumped around in place as she talked to one of the guys from her band. “Oh but I’ve got Emmy that is dying to jump on your ass…” AJ snickered as he walked away.

Emmy let out a squeal as she saw Nick standing alone “Hey there sexy!” she jumped on him. He pulled away “Oh since when are you shy?” she said fixing her exaggeratedly short shorts. “So you ready to kick some ass…?” she raised her eyebrows “I have my eyes on you…” she pointed at her eyes and then him.

Anita came from behind and let out a giggle “Wow somebody wants you bad…”

“Everybody wants a piece of this…baby…” he snickered as everyone got in place and the game commenced. Howie leaned forward, and flung the ball at AJ, from between his legs. Then AJ began sprinting towards the opposite side, his goal, the two dumpsters they had placed as their goal posts.

He dodged Anita, who was in a fit of laughter as she landed on her ass, then Nick who missed him by a hair, but he was so engrossed in laughing at Nick, that he didn’t notice Ed step in front of him. BAM, he slammed into the overgrown guy, making him fall flat on his back and the ball to slip out of his grip.

Nick ignored the ball and flung himself on top of his skinny band mate, making him let out a groan as Nick’s weight squashed him. “Damn you ED…damn…you. Get…your…fat ass…off me.” AJ mumbled, trying to breath.

After AJ’s collision everyone had taken a break, but where back in line. It was finally Nick’s teams turn to try and score. They were losing by a couple of points. “I’m throwing the ball at you…” he pointed at Anita in their huddle.

She gasped in shock “What? I don’t even know how to play this very well…I mean, someone is bound to knock me the hell out.”

Nick grinned “That’s the beauty of football…Anita…to get knocked the fuck out.”

There was not a protest from her as she shrugged it off, looking over at the opposite team. It wouldn’t be so bad if AJ fell on top of her…or if Howie did. She snickered, at her thoughts, hell she wished that Nick was on the opposite side, then she would have collided with him on purpose.

They all lined up again, Ed bent down, holding the ball in his hands, while Nick did his countdown. Then ball was chucked to him and he caught it like a pro against his chest. Anita was nervous as she trotted over to the side, where everyone had left her open, Nick quickly noticed, and threw the ball in her direction, hoping she would be coordinated and catch it.

Catch the ball. Catch the ball. Her mind chanted, as she saw the ball flying closer and closer to her. Reaching up, her hands met with the ball and it bounced off her palms. Shit! She jumped up towards it, catching it as she flopped onto the ground belly first.

“Get up and run” she heard Nick’s voice and swiftly she hopped up and began for their fake goal posts. Her heart was racing with anticipation as she drew closer and then suddenly the wind was knocked out of her, her body crashed to the floor and someone landed right on top of her. “OW” she yelped.

“I’m so sorry…” Emmy jumped up and hopped around in place, doing a victory dance. “Woohoo!! I saved my team.” she chanted walking away and leaving Anita on the ground.

The whole gang ran over to Anita, when they saw that she didn’t get up. “Damn are you alright?” AJ asked kneeling down next to her.

“Um…I think so.” she sat up rubbing her arm, which she had landed on. “It hurts, but I’m a big girl…” All she was thinking was that in the next round, she was going to let that Emmy girl have it and hard.

Nick stretched out his arm and took her hand “Are you sure your ok?” he asked, picking out stray pieces of grass from her hair. She just nodded and continued to limp her way back to their side.

After the game and once everyone was all cleaned up and dressed, they met up at a local restaurant. AJ and Anita were in a match of shoulder shoving each other, while Nick scowled and Howie chuckled at the childish twosome.

“You would think your shoulder would hurt?” AJ ran a hand over her shoulder.

She moved her shirt exposing her skin, to check if there was any bruising “Nope…no harm done really. She just doesn’t like me very much…” she glanced over her shoulder, flashing Nick a teasing smile.

“Are you saying that was my fault?” his mouth dropped slightly as he placed a hand over his chest dramatically. “I have no idea what your talking about woman.”

“Oh please, the girl is all over you…it’s obvious.” Anita conitued with her teasing.

Just as they entered the restaurant they were met with the voices of everyone, that was already there chattering away. “Hey Nick…over here” Emmy waved and patted the empty chair next to her.

AJ, Anita and Howie began to laugh, as Nick huffed in annoyance, making his way towards the bubbly red head. “Hey Emmy…” he took a seat and looked around “Hey guys” he greeted the rest of the crew.

Everyone ate in silence, Anita couldn’t help herself from glancing Nick’s way. The jealousy in her, always sky rocketed when she saw Emmy talking and touching him, for no apparent reason. What bothered her the most was that Nick didn’t seem at all phased by it. He was all smiles and talking away with the girl, just like he did with her, before he knew the big secret.

“He still has feelings for you. You know.” AJ gave her a lopsided smile “I wish I would have listened to you sooner Anita…there isn’t a day that doesn’t go by, that I think about it.” He whispered loud enough for her and Howie to hear.

She grinned and placed a hand over his “AJ it’s ok, it’s not just your fault, you know…its Howie’s too.” she giggled, at Howie’s surprised expression. “I’m just kidding…”

Nick looked up as he heard the threesome in a fit of laughter, it made his blood boil to see her hand over his. He didn’t like the comfort that she seemed to find in AJ, the same comfort she used to find in him. There was a part of him that wanted to give into her so badly, but the other part was still hurt and angry for her lying and just couldn‘t forgive her. He wouldn’t give into her.