- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
It’s Ziya’s 5th birthday. But her family is not there to celebrate it with her. So Chad does something to cheer her up. You’ll find out why it’s called Paper Flowers.
Ziya- 5
Chad- 8
Rider- 7
Chad looked every where for the youngest Princess all over the palace but she was nowhere in sight. The only place she could be was in the court yard. He walked into the court yard. He looked around and could not find her.

“She’s over there.” Chad looked up into the large tree. Rider, the cat demon, was longed back up in the tree. “For some one who is supposes to be keeping an eye on her you’re pretty bad.”

“You seem to keep a good eye on her.” Chad said glaring up at him. He did not trust any of the demons Malory takes in or even Malory for that matter. They always seem to be up to something. “Why do you all seem like you’re keeping a very close eye the royal family?” Rider sat up and leaned over to look at him.

“Why do you think that is any of your business?”

“Never mind.” Chad growled. “Where is she?”

“She’s hiding behind the trees on the other side of the courtyard.” Rider laid back in the tree again. “You should keep a closer eye on her. Something may happen to her.” Chad glared at the smirking demon child. He walked over to the trees. He heard the sound of a little girl crying. He found her sitting under the tree.

“Princess?” Chad said. “Are you alright?” She looked up at him wiping her tears away.

“I’m fine.” She said.

“Why are you crying?” He sat down next to the younger girl.

“Every one is not here for my birthday?” It was the princess’s 5th birthday to day and everyone in her family was all off doing their own things. The king was off to another country with the price to discuss future planes. The Queen had a companied the middle princess to a recital 3 cities away. The oldest Princess was being a hostess a city away to a visiting ruler of a neighboring country. It was hard on all of them to leave the young girl but they had to leave. It was also too dangerous to bring her with them. It turned out it was safer for her to stay with all that was happening around them. And Ziya was left here by her self to be watched over by Chad. Chad felt really bad for the young girl.

“You will all celebrate when they all get back.”

“But I’m all by my self on my birthday.”

“I’m here with you.” The princess sat silently. Chad came up with some thing that might help a little. “I’ll be right back.” He ran back to the palace with rider up in the tree watching him. Chad went in to his room and grabbed a few sheets of paper. He ran back to the princess. Rider still watched him. Chad sat down next to the princess. She watched him fold and tear the paper.

“What are you doing?” She asked. Rider wondered what he was doing and climbed up into the tree above Chad and the princess. When Chad was done he handed it to her. He folded it into a flower. He started on another one when he finished gave it to her. “Paper flowers.” Ziya said. “Can you show me how to do this!?” She said excitedly.

“Sure.” They sat for an hour working on flowers until the princess went in to eat. When she was gone Rider dropped down from the tree next to Chad.

“That was stupid.” Rider said to him.

“All that mattered that it cheered her up.” Chad said.

“Where the hell did you learn such a girly thing?”

“My mother taught me.”

“Your mother? I didn’t think with all the cooking she does for the king where would she have time to teach you that?”

“My real mother. It’s one of the few memories I have of her.” Chad was adopted by a couple who worked in the kitchen when he was 5 years old. The king had saved him after his village had been destroyed. He was the only survivor of his village. So the king brought back to Harada and gave him to a family that wanted a child but could not.

“You remember your mother?” Rider said who had no memory of his parents.

“Yeah, a few things.” He looked at the cat boy. “We better not be bonding over this.” The cat boy backed away from him.

“Hell no!”

“Good, mention this to any one I will rip apart one of your cat toys.”

“Same goes for you.” Chad walked away from him. “I don’t have any cat toys!”