- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Summary: Starla meets up with some trappers who promised to give her a lemur demon. But she finds out that the one they were going to give escaped before she got there.
Brook- 5
Starla- 14
“WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE ESCAPED!?” Starla screamed as she grabbed the neck of one of the trappers. She could not left him off the ground because of her height.

“He got out of his chains and climbed the over the fences.” The trapper gasped out.

“I was promised a lemur demon. I came here for a lemur demon. I’m going to leave here with a lemur demon. I WANT MY LEMUR DEMON!!!” She throws him to the ground. Starla had just shown up. She noticed around the camp that there had been some kind of disturbance. Then she was told the lemur boy she was told to take with her had gotten away an hour ago. She was fuming from this news because the stupid humans were unable to keep a 9 year old demon boy from escaping.

“There is still a younger lemur demon.” The trapper on the ground said. “She’s the sister of the one that got away.” Starla looked down at him.

“Why didn’t you tell me that EARLIER!?” She growled at him.

“I didn’t think you would take her because she was so small.”

“I’m small.” She said. “Take me to her.” The trapper got off of the ground and took her to the room where they were keeping the little lemur. They opened the door. The little girl was huddled in the corner of the room. She looked frighten with her big yellow eyes. She shook as she watched them. Starla looked at her. She was only 5 years old. The same age as she was when Malory took her in. Starla walked over to her and kneeled in front of her. The little girl tried as she might to stay as far away from Starla.

“Do you understand me?” Starla said to her.

“Yes.” Most demons had their own languages and very few spoke human’s language as demons called it. If they did they were of high ranks in the tribe or they did business with the humans.

“Do you have a name?”

“Yes.”

“Now, what is it?” The little girl flinched at her coldness.

“Brooke.” Starla stood up.

“Now Brooke, you’ll be coming with me.”

“No!” The girl came out of her ball. “I can’t. I can’t leave without brother. Where’s my brother? They took him away? Where is he?” Starla looked shocked that the girl did not know what happened to her brother. Of course they did not tell her. They were humans they did not care for demons feelings. But knowing this could be useful to Starla. She sighed heavily. She kneeled down again to come eye to eye with the big eye girl.

“I’m afraid to tell you but your brother. He felt that you were in the way so he escaped without you.”

“What?”

“Your brother, abandon you.”

“He won’t.”

“But he did.”

“But brother would never.”

“And you are left here with these scary trappers.” Starla said. “But if you come with me you won’t be around these scary people anymore.” She stood up. “But you would be around other demons like you and I.” Starla held her hand out to the girl. “So what do you say? Come with me or stay in this dark room.” Brooke looked at her then her hand. She thought for a while. She reached for Starla’s hand. “Good choose.” She turned to the trapper in the door way. “I’ll take her.”


Bonus:
Starla: Come to the dark side… (Holds up a plate of cookies.) …We have cookies.