- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Evan made a card for Ziya for V-day but he seems he can not get the nerve to give it to her.
Evan: 12
Ziya: 14
Asher: 17
Evan shifted back and forth on his bare feet nervously. Why was thins tack so hard for the small lemur demon. I was a simple but he could not give it to her. Today was a special day. Today he wore his nice clothes instead of his usual hoodies and ripped jeans. He didn’t wear his goggles, which every one noticed. Today he wore a long sleeve shirt (which was appropriate for the day.) and his nice black pants. Now all he had to do is give Ziya his valentine card he made. ‘Why did I think this was a good idea?’ He thought to him self. ‘Now, that I think about it. It’s Stupid!” He looked down at the valentine in his hands.

When he first thought about giving her the valentine, he thought it would cheer her up after every thing that happened to them. Like with her boy friend and the baby. She seemed to have been very low these days. But now he thinks it would mean nothing for it to come from him.

He felt a nudge on his back.

“Give it to her.” Evan turned around. It was Tara. She was one of the people that took him and Ziya in. Tara was the same age as Ziya. She and Ziya looked alike. They both had light brown hair and dark blue eyes. Tara had an older brother, Asher. He had jet-black hair and light blue eyes. “She’ll love it.” Evan looked over at Ziya, who was by her self by the river.

“She’s going to laugh at me.” Evan said as his fluffy white ears drooped down.

“No, she won’t laugh at you. She’ll love it.” Evan had a week agonized over what to get Ziya for Valentine’s Day. He did not have any money so he could not buy her any thing. So he talked to Asher, who was the only male figure in the whole group he felt he could trust. Asher told him to make her a card. He handed him a note pad that was sitting on the table at the time and told him. “Write a poem or something from the heart.” So Evan wrote and re-wrote for a week. As soon as Evan would finish a draft of his writing he would go show it to Asher to get it checked. Asher would say it was fine then later Evan would read it over then re-write it again. Amazingly Asher was very patient with him. He kept smiling every time the lemur boy came to him for help.

Now it was Valentine’s Day and he has a heart shaped card. Tara gave him a big shove towards Ziya.

“Go!” He stumbled and turned around to give her a pleading look. She pointed towards Ziya. He slouched down and his tail lowered as he turns towards Ziya. Tara went back to where her brother was watching him.

Evan walked slowly towards Ziya. He felt anxiety as he approached her. He had known her for three years. Why is it a problem? He stood behind her and cleared his throat to get her attention. She turned around.

“Evan?” His head lowered. He could not look at her.

“I…um.” He tried to talk. “I…hav…um…I want to giv…um.” The little lemur boy could not think of the words to say.

“Evan, are you alright?” She sounded concerned. “Is something wrong?” Evan took a deep breath.

“Here.” He handed her the card. She jumped back a little by his sudden movement. She slowly took the card from him. Once it was in her hands he quickly turned around and walked away to the house leaving a stunned Ziya holding the heart shape card.

Evan got to the house and went inside. He sat down on the couch in the front room.

“So Evan…” One of the other boys who lived in the house asked. He had been teasing Evan about the card. “…did she-“

“Shut Up!” Evan snapped.

“What? She didn’t like it?” The boy asked now concerned.

“I don’t know.”

"What do you mean, you don’t know?!”

“I just gave it to her and took off.”

“You stupid, lemur!”

“Shut up!” He pulled his legs to his chest and buried his face into his knees. He hard the front door open. The boys in the room left after seeing who it was. Evan had a feeling it was Ziya and he was right. She sat down next to him. He looked at her face. She had tears in her eyes. “Oh no my card was so bad it made her cry!” Suddenly she pulled him into a tight hug.

“Zi?” He said shocked.

“Thank you.” She whispered. “That was so sweet of you.”

“Your welcome.” He squeaked. She got up as she whipped the tears away from her eyes.

“How about we go into town? It’s been a long time since we spend time together.” She pulled him up from the sofa. She smiled at him as she led him out side. It was a real smile. It was not forced, but a real smile. The same smile she gave him that day they met. The smile he fell in love with.


(Author note: I decided to put these up as I finish them so they are out of order. Later I’l put them in order.)