- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Summary: After escaping the trappers. Evan finds him self in a foreign land with no where to go. But he is saved by an angel
Ziya-11
Evan- 9
Evan’s had been running for so long he did not know how many days had past. He did not know if it had been days, weeks or months. He was not aware of anything around him. The rain that was falling on him for the past couple of hours, the village he wandered into and the looks the people were giving him. It was not because he was so skinny form starvation, or that he did not have an umbrella. It was because he was a demon. He was cold, hungry, wet and tired. The last time he had eaten was when he broke free from the trappers. This was also the same day when they took his little sister away.

“Look!” A girl’s voice brought him out of his fog.

“Brooke!” He said looking around for his sister, but he found a human girl pointing at him.

“He’s so cute, Mommy!” She said. “Can we take him home?” Her mother dragged her across the street.

“Stay away from that beast.” She said. “He’s a demon. They don’t make good pets.” Evan looked around and saw for the first time every one looking at him.

“A monster.”

“Uncivilized beast.” He heard them all saying horrible things about him.

“No!” Evan yelled. “I’m not a monster!” He turned around and started to run as fast as he could down the street. He looked around as he ran. It was in an unfamiliar place. No place safe for him to go. Every person he ran past looked unfriendly to him. They were scared of him but he was more scared of them. He closed his eyes to try and block out every thing around him. Then finally he ran into some one. He fell into a deep puddle. He looked up at a nun with her umbrella over her head. There were a couple of girls in uniforms behind her asking her if she was okay. He did not get a good look of the girls; he was too busy focusing on the angry look on the nun’s face.

“Watch, where you’re going, you little heathen!” The nun yelled. Evan was so scared that he attempted to run way from her on all fours into the ally. He was finally away from everyone. He curled up into a ball. He finally felt the cold for the fist time in hours. He shook from the cold and his fear. He was alone now. He had no one with him. He was truly alone.

Suddenly the rain stopped falling on him. He had just noticed the girl wearing a uniform standing over him with her umbrella. He looked up at her with his big orange eyes.

“An angel.” He said quietly to himself. She was the most beautiful things he has ever seen. He had herd from when he was younger about angels and what they look like but this was the first time he had ever seen one.

“Are you ok?” She said. She knelt down in front of him so she could be eye to eye with the small boy. He was too scared to talk so he nodded his head. “Do you understand me?” He nodded again. “I know it’s silly of me to ask a question like that and not find out if they can understand first.” She laughed. He ended up smiling shyly at her. “Do you have any place to go?” He shook his head no. “You don’t?” She sound said sad. “I know!” He jumped at her sudden out burst. She stood up and held her hand out to him. “I’ll take you in!” He looked at her hand then at her. “Come on. I can get you in warm clothes, feed you and you’ll be dried.” He took her hand and she pulled him up. She was a bit taller then he was. “You will have to hide. Sister Joseph, would have kittens if she found out I snuck a demon in.”

“Kittens?” Evan said in a horse voice.

“So you can speak?” She smiled at him. He really liked her smile. It seemed to warm him up by looking at it. “When some one says having kittens it mean getting mad. Get it.”

“Oh, I do a little.” Evan said. “Like the woman I ran into she was having kittens?”

“Now you're on the trolley!" He looked at her confused. “Sorry, we’ll take this slowly. I said now you got it.” They started to walk back out to the street. “Oh, I almost forgot. My name is Ziya. What’s yours?”

“Evan.”