- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

 

Chapter 10

 

The next morning as everyone wakes up they all head downstairs. Kevin and Kristin are the last to come down with their bags. “Kevin is everything ok?” Ann ask her son noticing something's off with him. “Um yeah mom me and Kris are gonna head home.” Kevin answers “Kev look I'm sorry ok.” Nick says. “Nicky you have nothing to be sorry about I want you to be happy no matter who you're with.” Kevin says kissing Nick on the forehead. They leave saying they'll call later to check up on Brian.

In the car.

“Shouldn't we have told them?” Kristin asks as she puts her seatbelt on. “I don't want to tell anyone until we've filed, they'll just try to talk us out of it.” Kevin says looking over at Kristin. “Yeah, how do we keep the press from finding out?” Kristin ask looking down at her wedding ring. “We stay together until right before the divorce is final and then we split up that way it doesn't look like we're having any problems.” Kevin says as he drive home. “Ok.” Kristen say. They arrive home. Once they are inside Kristin goes upstairs to their bedroom and completely breaks down. Kevin calls their lawyers to get the paperwork started. He then goes upstairs to their bedroom and tries to comfort Kristin but has his own breakdown. He had tried so hard to make his marriage work and he just couldn't.

Back at the Littrell-Mclean house.

Viggo takes Rain outside to talk to him about what happened last night. “What's up dad?” Rain ask taking a seat by the pool. “Well last night I asked Howie to marry me and he said yes.” Viggo says watching his son for his reaction. “Dad, I really like Howie and everything but are you sure?” Rain says. “Yes Rain I am, I want to be with Howie, He makes me happy.” Viggo explains. “Why can't I find someone to love me?” Rain says looking at his daddy tears in his eyes. “Rain you will find someone that makes you happy. Just wait for him or her.” Viggo says hugging his son tightly.“I like women.” Rain says. “Well I don't care who you love as long as they love you back.” Viggo says.“I talked to mom.” Rain says. “Oh and what is she crowing about?” Viggo asks. “She wants me to come live with her.”Rain says. “What did you tell her?” “I told her I would think about it.” “I see.” Viggo says before walking back inside.

Everyone at the Littrell-Mclean house is getting ready to head back to their own homes.“Well Brian sweetheart we're going to back home.” Jackie says hugging her youngest son. “I love you mom and dad.” Brian says. “What about me? Harold Jr. says. “I like you Harry.” Brian says with a smile. “Fine don't tell me you love me Baylee loves me don't ya Bay?” Harold jr. Ask his nephew. “Yes I love you uncle Harry but stop cheating” Baylee says giving his uncle a hug.

Howie, Viggo, and Rain start to say good bye next. “We'll see you guys later this week.” Howie says hugging his long time friend and best friend. “Congratulations again Howie.” Brian says “I'll call you about BF day D.” AJ says. Howie nods and they leave. The last to leave are the Richardsons. “Alex are you sure you don't need us to stay?” Anne asks. “No, Mama Anne you guys go home and get some rest.” Aj says. Nick walks with Gerald jr before getting in his own car and leaving.

“I love my family but I am so glad they're gone.” Brian says looking at Aj. “Me too.” Aj says. “I thought uncle Nick was gonna stay with me.” Baylee says with a pout to rival his favorite uncle's own.

In J&J Law Firm in Atlanta, Ga.

“So Mrs. Littrell what can I do for you?” Mr. Jacobs asks. “Well two years ago I got a divorce and I said I didn't want custody of my son, but I've changed my mind.” Leighanne says. “Well all we have to do is petition for custody of your son.” Mr. Jacobs says. “Ok.” Leighanne says. “I'll get started on the paperwork right away.” Mr. Jacobs tells Leighanne. “Will we have to go to court?” Leighanne asks.“If your ex-husband refuses the offer then yes.” Mr. Jacob answers. Leighanne smiles and nods. She leaves the law firm hoping Brian doesn't fight to keep Baylee. If she got custody surely she'd be given child support.