- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Here's the next chapter I hope you enjoy it.

 

Chapter 11

 

A couple of weeks pass and Brian is almost back to his normal self. Brian is fixing lunch one day when he gets a phone call from his lawyer explaining that Leighanne was asking for custody of Baylee. After the phone call Brian's legs gives out and and he slides down the wall where he breaks down crying.

He is crying uncontrollably when Nick comes over to hang out. Nick lets himself in, “Yo Rok where you at?” Nick calls. He hears Brian crying and rushes to his best friends side. “Bri what's wrong?” Nick asks trying to check to see if he can see anything physically wrong. “Bri talk to me tell me what's wrong.” Nick says close to tears himself. “She wants Baylee.” Brian finally says between heart wrenching sobs. “I'm activated the BSB Alert.” Nick says. Brian starts calming down a little. Nick goes over to the phone and dials Kevin's number and tells him to call Howie and meet at Brian and Aj's house. Soon the other two members of the group arrive ready for anything. Aj pulls up shortly after Kevin. Seeing the other's cars there he knows some thing's going on. He rushes in. “What's going on?” He asks looking around the room. “My lawyer called about 45 minutes ago and informed me that Leighanne wants custody of Baylee, he says she has a really good chance of getting him.” Brian says sobbing again. “Like hell she's getting my son!” Aj says causing Kevin to smile. “She's his mother Aj so she has every right to challenge him for custody.” Howie explained. “Even with the drug charges?”Nick asked. “I don't know about that, that's something to ask the lawyers.” Howie says. “Brian, we ain't going to let her take Bay from us.” Kevin says. Aj pulls Brian into a tight hug. “I've worked to damn hard to make us a family and she will not break our family up.” Aj says kissing Brian lightly on the lips. “Speaking of my loco boy I've got to go pick him up from school.” Aj says. “Ok baby.” Brian says letting go of Aj.

Aj leaves to go pick Baylee up from school. “God, I know I've made some mistakes in my life and I don't deserve your love, but please don't let her take Baylee away from us. If not for me, do it for Brian he hasn't lost his faith I know because he still prays every night before he goes to bed and he makes sure Baylee and me pray as well. Please help us. Amen.” Aj says crossing him self. He pulls up to Baylee's school and sees him trading Pokemon cards with some of the other boys. He honks his horn getting Baylee's attention. He gives Aj the hold on a second sign. Aj smiles. Baylee finishes his trading and walks over to the car and gets in. “Hey locoboy.”Aj says as Baylee gets his seatbelt on. “Hi Daddy Aj.” Baylee says before reaching to turn the radio on. “Did you get any good ones?” Aj asks. “Yeah I got Golem.” Aj nods as Baylee holds up the card. “Daddy Aj why do I have to go to that school?” Baylee ask as he plays with the hem of his shirt a habit he picked up from Aj. “Did something happen LocoBoy.” Aj says using his nickname to keep him more relaxed and talking.” “I hate Mrs. Jamison.” Baylee says blinking back tears. “What happened I thought you like her.” Aj says looking over at the boy. “She said that because I live with two men instead of a proper family I'm going to hell.” Baylee says letting the tears fall. “Did she say that to you directly?” Baylee nodds as he sobs. “Well I'll talk to Daddy and see if we can't get something done about that, that sound ok?” Aj says. “Yeah.” Baylee says smiling at Aj. They stop at Jumba juice and get 4 smoothes. As they leave Aj thinks he sees Leighanne but isn't sure. They arrive home and only Nick's remains. “Uncle Nick's here.” Baylee says pointing to Nicks car. Aj smiles and gets out letting Baylee out.