- Text Size +
 

Chapter 14

 

Howie goes home to find Viggo on the phone with Rain “Rain you can live with who ever you want. No I'm not mad because you want to live with her. Just be careful. I'm going to go to bed when I get off the phone with you. Yes you can tell her. Good night Rain. Love you too.” Viggo says hanging up. “Hey babe, what was the emergency meeting about?” Viggo asks Howie giving him a kiss. “Um do you still want to come out?” Howie says looking a Viggo. “Howie you know I do baby but if it's gonna hurt your career then we don't have to.” Viggo says pulling Howie closer to him. “I've got to tell management about it but we'll be having either a conference or going on one of the talk shows. Kevin's going to deal with that part.” Howie says. “I think it should be a talk show that way you guys can be more comfortable talking about it.” Viggo says. “Um you're coming with us no matter what we do.” Howie tells him. “Of course I am but this should be more about the group not just us.” Viggo says.

 

Meanwhile at Brian and Aj's house.

“We'll call our parents and let them know whats going on in the morning.” Brian says. “Ok” Aj says yawning. “We still need to decide what we're going to do about Baylee's school.” Aj reminds Brian.

Brian nods as they head upstairs to bed.

While everyone else sleeps soundly Kevin sits in his office trying to figure out a way to make sure that Leighanne does not get her hands on Baylee, there's no telling what she'd do to the boy. Before heading to bed he says the serenity prayer. “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change and the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.”

Howie wakes up early to find Viggo gone. He gets up putting on his robe and goes downstairs to find Viggo singing as he cooked. “I love that song.” Howie says catching Viggo off guard. Viggo drops the spatula. “I was going to surprise you with breakfast in bed you know.” Viggo says as he picks up the spatula and gets a new one. “You want me to go back upstairs and get back into bed and act surprised.” Howie says smiling at Viggo. “No it's too late now.” Viggo says walking over to give Howie a kiss. “Well it's 9:30 time to give management a headache.” Howie says grabbing the phone. He spends two hours on the phone explaining that he had the support of the entire group and this wouldn't hurt the group but help them in the long run. After he finishes talking to their management he calls Kevin and tells him to set something up.

 

Kevin calls the only gay friendly talk show host he knows, Ellen. He explains that the group has an announcement and her show is the only place they'd do it on. “Kevin, you know I'm a huge Backstreet Fan so just tell me when you guys want to come on and I'll be more than happy to have you on the show in fact if you want I can make it a Backstreet Day and have just you guys on.” Ellen says getting excited about having one of her favorite groups on. “Do you have anytime this week?” Kevin asks crossing his fingers. “You have great timing you know we just had a cancellation for tomorrow so if you guys can get out here I'd love to have you.” Ellen says. “I'll call the fella and let them know.” Kevin say before hanging up. He then turns and calls Brian and Aj to let them know.

 

Meanwhile at Brian and Aj's house Brian is calling his parents while Aj is in the shower

Good morning mom.” Brian say. “Brian is everything ok?” Jackie asks. “Yeah everything's fine but I need to talk to you about some stuff.” Brian says scribbling his thought on a pad of paper. “I'm listen honey.” Jackie says. “I know its short notice but tomorrow we're going on the Ellen show and we're announcing that we're gay.” Brian says holding his breathe waiting for her reaction. “Ok but want to tell me what's really going on? I mean you wouldn't do this without thinking this all the way through.” Jackie says. “Well Leighanne is trying to blackmail us into giving her custody of Baylee, she has pictures of Alex and I together and she's threatening to show them to the media.” Brian explains. “I never did like her you know.” Jackie says. “I'll be watching the show and expecting phone calls from everyone. Tell Baylee we said hello and we miss him.” Jack says before hanging up. “Who was on the phone babe?” Aj asks hugging him from behind. “Well the first time it was Kev telling us we are booked to be on the Ellen show tomorrow and just them it was momma.” Brian said turning his head to give Aj a kiss. “Are you going to call your mom?” Brian asks. “I don't know maybe I'll just surprise her.” Aj says with a smirk. “She doesn't like your surprises you know.” Brian says. “Well I'll just tell her to watch the show and be prepared for anything.” Aj says before grabbing the phone and calling his mother. Later that night as they sit down to dinner they explain to Baylee what's going on leaving out the fact that Leighanne was trying to get custody.