- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope you enjoy this chapter
 

Chapter 18

 

Brian gets the first aid kit and rushes back into Nick's bedroom. As he cleans the wounds on his best-friend. “Can I sleep with you tonight Bri?” Nick say sounding more like a scared kid than the grown man. “Of course, Nicky you want to come home with me or you want me to stay here with you?” Brian say. “Please don't make me stay here.” Nick begs. “Ok Frack, you can come home with me let's get some clothes on you ok.” Brian says. Brian dresses Nick and helps him downstairs and out to the car. Brian gets in the car and makes the 45 minute drive back home. When they arrive he helps Nick upstairs and brings him into his and Aj's bedroom. Nick gets undressed but turns and looks at Brian. “I don't think he's going to like me being in the bed.” Nick says still sounding like a small child. “Just get in the bed it'll be like a slumber party.” Brian says smiling softly at his best friend. Nick slides into bed but tries not to wake Aj up fearing the older man will yell at him. Brian climbs into bed next to Nick. “Rok, please tell me you didn't go over there and wake kaos up..” Aj says rolling over to face Brian. “Ah!” Aj screams turning on the bedside lamp. “I told you he'd be mad.” Nick says as tears stream down his face. Brian pulls Nick closer “I'm not mad Nick just shocked that you're in bed with us.” Aj says looking at Nick's arm. “Nicky what happened to your arm? Did something attack you?” Aj says slightly alarmed. Nick clings tighter to Brian and begins to cry. “It's ok buddy you're safe now. We'll talk about it in the morning ok just lay back and try to get some sleep.” Aj says. “Leave the light on please?” Nick says looking at Brian. “Of course.” Brian says before laying down, holding on to his best-friend for dear life.

 

The next morning at Howie and Viggo's house Rain wakes up and for the first time in weeks feels safe.

He gets out of bed and heads downstairs to fix breakfast only to find Howie and his dad standing next to the stove drinking coffee and talking. “Good morning.” Howie says seeing Rain out of the corner of his eye. “Good morning.” Rain says smiling a little. “You want some eggs and sausage?” Viggo asks. “I'll just have some cereal if it's alright with you.” Rain says unsure. “Eat whatever you want Rain, we don't have any sweet cereal as your father is old and needs his fiber.” Howie says teasing. “We have raisin bran, cheerios and corn flakes.” Howie says. “You do the majority of the shopping so if we don't have sweet cereal it's because you don't buy any.” Viggo says tapping Howie on the butt. “You feeling better baby boy?” Viggo ask as Rain makes a bowl of cereal. “Yeah.” Rain says. “I'm going to go get dressed today is bf day and I'm driving.” Howie says excusing himself. “What's bf day?” Rain ask. “Best Friend day, it's something he and Aj made up years go where they spend a whole day together.” Viggo explains. “Oh.” Rain says eating his cereal. Soon Howie comes downstairs and gives Viggo a kiss and leaves for the day. “Now that we're alone you wanna tell me what's wrong?” Viggo asks. “Her new boyfriend hates me.” Rain says. “The only reason she wanted me to stay with her is so you would have to pay her child support to take care of me.” Rain says as tears stream down his face. “Did he hurt you?” Viggo says in his usual calm voice. “He yelled at me and sometimes hit me but mom would always say that he was just kidding around.” Rain said looking down at his bowl shamefully. “Is that the reason you left?” Viggo asks placing his hand on top of his son's. “It was one of them, he called you a fairy the night before and I couldn't take it anymore and I assaulted him. Mom pulled me off of him and took him to the hospital. She called from the hospital and told me I'd better not be there when they came back, so I left.” Rain explains. “Well, you're more than welcomed to stay here as long as you like.” Viggo says. “Howie won't mind?” Rain asks. “Of course not, Rain Howie loves you.” Viggo says. “Why don't we go out and have a father son day. I hate staying here by myself.” Viggo says.