- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's the next chapter please r

Chapter 19

 

Meanwhile at Aj and Brian's house Nick wakes up a little confused about where he is until he hears Brian laughing outside the bedroom door. He gets up and goes over to the door. The door opens and Brian and Baylee walk in. “Uncle Nick when we're bringing you breakfast in bed you have to be in the bed.” Baylee says as sternly as he can at the age of six. “Oh ok.” Nick says smiling down at the Brian clone. He goes and gets back into bed and waits patiently. Brian brings the tray over and places it in Nick's lap. Baylee hands him the comic page from the newspaper since it's his favorite part of the newspaper he figured his uncle Nick would like it too. “Why thank you for the food and the paper.” Nick says smiling at his best friend and his son. “Daddy, they'll be here soon.” Baylee says running out of the room in search of his backpack and camera. “He's going on a picture scavenger hunt with his friend Michael.” Brian explains before heading out to help his son get ready for his day. After eating Nick gets out of bed and goes down the hall to the spare room deemed his room by Aj and takes a shower and gets dressed. He heads downstairs to see what Brian and Aj had in mind only to walk in on a mini make out session. He clears his throat and they pull apart. “So what's on the agenda for today?” Nick asks blushing a little. “Well, I'm waiting on D to come pick me up and we're doing bf day so I guess whatever you and Bri want to do is up to you.” Aj says walking over and hugging his little brother. Howie comes to the door and picks Aj up and they leave to spend the day together.

 

“So” Brian says trying to find a way to bring the subject up. “So, You wanna know what happened last night?” Nick says. “Yeah.” Brian says walking in the living room. “First you have to promise that no matter how it sounds that you won't laugh at me.” Nick says. “I promise.” Brian says. “Well it started a year before I joined the group. My mom and dad were talking about hiding me from somebody or something. When I asked them about it they told me that I was promised to the gremlin queen as a mate for her child.” Nick explains. “Are you serious?” Brian asks in disbelief. “Yeah, see dad was attacked by them one night and in order to save him mom promised to give the queen her first born male child. I was safe until the queen's child became old enough to marry,which happened a couple of years ago. For some reason my teddy bear kept them away, but last night I couldn't find him so knowing that they don't like lights I turned on every light in my house but it didn't help. They turned out all the lights and attacked me. Brian I don't want to be some gremlin's mate.” Nick says as the tears he had been trying to hold back flooded his face. “You're telling me that gremlins are real?” Brian asks looking his best friend in the eyes searching for the slightest hint that this may be a joke. Nick nods. “We need to talk to your mom and dad to find out if they know how to contact the queen. Maybe we can bargain with her.” Brian says determined to help his best friend. They call Nicks parents and after some convincing they tell Brian and Nick how to summons the gremlin queen. “Let's do it at my house, I don't want them to know where you guys live so I will have a safe place to hide.” Nick says. Brian agrees. Baylee calls as they're walking out the door and asks if he can stay the night with Michael. Brian says yes and that he'll let Aj know. The two best friends go to Nick's house to summon the gremlin queen.