- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope this chapter answers some questions about Nick's sanity.
 

Chapter 20

 

As Brian is trying to find a way to save his best friend from the gremlins Leighanne is preparing to go to court to get custody of Baylee. She is waiting for her lawyer to show up so that they could plan how they were going to the judge to see that she's a changed woman who deserves a second chance to be a mother to her now 6 year old son. When her lawyer shows up he tells her they have a really good chance of getting custody because most of the time the courts look down upon gay couples raising children. They spend a couple of hours going over the paper work making sure they have everything they need.

 

At Nicks house Brian and Nick prepare to summons the gremlin queen. They cover all the windows so that the house is dark. They leave one light on but make sure it's not shining on anything but the two of them. “Are you ready?” Brian asks. “As ready as I can be.” Nick answers. They begin the chant that will summon the queen. After about 45 minutes of chanting she appears. “Nickolas, you are a brave man to summons me when you know you are promised to my child.” Nilbog says. “I have come to discuss that.” Nick says. “There is nothing to discuss.” Nilbog says. “Do you not want the best for your child?” Nick asks. “My child is male.” Nilbog says. “So why do you want Nick?” Brian asks. “He was promised to me and I expect the promise to be for filled.” Nilbog explains. “What will happen to me if I go with you?” Nick asks. “I can not say.” Nilbog. “What if we offered you a female for you son, would you leave me alone?” Nick says. “Do you have a female who is willing to take your place?” Nilbog ask. “Well not exactly willing but I'm not willing either but I'm sure she could be convinced.” Nick says. “I will talk to my son and see if he is willing to trade. I will return in 1 week's time.” Nilbog says before disappearing. Brian gets up and start opening the blinds and letting the light in. “Where do you suppose we get a female to trade places with you ?” Brian asks turning to see his best friend smiling like the cat that just ate the canary. “I'm pretty sure that's illegal.” Brian says. “No one would know but us.” Nick says. “What about when people start looking for her?” Brian says.

“Do you think anyone would?” Nick asks. “ The cops will come questioning me.” Brian answers. “Have you spoken to her since that night she tried to black mail you?” Nick ask. “No.” Brian answers

“And how do we find out where's she's staying and stuff?” Brian asks “We don't, you lawyer does.” Nick says. Brian looks at his best friend and wonders if this could work.

 

Meanwhile Viggo and Rain are out shopping at the mall when they run into Aj and Howie. “What are you guys doing here?” Howie asks. “We got bored at home and decided to do a little shopping. What are you doing here?” Viggo says. “We were here first so you guys have to leave.” Aj says. “Aje, I think the mall is big enough for us all to shop.” Howie says. Viggo and Rain head to Sam Goode to check out movies and c.ds. Aj and Howie go look at shoes and hats. After a while the four of them meet up and decide to have dinner there in the mall.

 

Brian goes home and calls his lawyer and tells him to get in contact with Leighanne's lawyer and tell him that Brian wants to meet with Leighanne and talk about this before it gets out of hand. A couple of hours later Aj comes home. “Rok?” AJ says. “I'm in the kitchen.” Brian says poking his head out of the kitchen. “Hey where's loco boy?” Aj says walking into the kitchen. “He's spending the night at Michael's I forgot to call you.” Brian says. “We have the house to ourselves?” Aj says sliding his arms around Brian's waist. “Yeah.” Brian answers turning around to kiss Aj. “Are you hungry?” Aj ask “Not really.” Brian says. Aj pulls away from Brian wiggling his eyebrows. They both start running towards the stairs and up to their bedroom.