- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's the next chapter I hope it helps explain a few things.
 

Jerald completely breaks down in his mother's arms. Kevin stands up and leave the room. “Tim go after Kevin I don't want him doing anything stupid.” Anne tells her oldest son. Tim runs to catch up with his brother. “Kevin wait up.” Tim calls as he rounds the corner as he catches up to him Kevin rushes into his arms. “I I Love him.” Kevin says as he breaks down, “ I know Kev I know.” Tim says trying to comfort his brother. “No, I mean I'm still in love with him.” Kevin confesses into Tim's shoulder. “Kevin I know you are.” Tim says pulling away a little so that he can look his brother in the eyes. Tim takes Kevin downstairs and into the kitchen. “You did the right thing by letting Nick date Jer anybody can see that you still love him but you put your feeling aside so that Nick could find his own true love.” Tim says,

Meanwhile in the underworld Nick is being taken to Nilbog. He is thrown before her. “I thought we had a deal.” Nick says bitterly. “We do have a deal, but my sister wanted to meet you and I didn't think you'd come willingly.” Nilbog says

Nilbog looks at her guards and starts speaking gremlin speak and soon Nick is helped to his feet and taken to a portal and released. “Wait where am I going?” Nick asks but the guards don't understand and push him through the portal. Nick falls out of the portal and lands in the back of a closet. He stands up and walks out the closet. He looks around and realizes that he's back home. He rushes over to the phone and calls Brian to let him know that he's ok. After he assures them that he's safe he gathers his teddy bear and heads back to Brian's.

Brian goes downstairs looking for Kevin and finds them in the kitchen. “Kevin, Frick called and he's ok. I'm not really sure why they took him but he's back and he's on his way back over here.” Brian says.

“Thanks, B.” Kevin says looking at his cousin. “You still love him don't you?” Brian asked. Kevin nods. “Why didn't you tell him?” Brian asked. “I didn't want to force him to be with me.” Kevin says. Brian walks over and hugs his cousin. “Don't you think you should at least tell him how you feel?” Brian asks. “No, I don't want him to think I'm trying to take him from Jerald I'm not going to do anything to hurt their relationship.” Kevin says. Everyone comes downstairs and starts making plans for how they should spend the day with Baylee since he will be leaving later that evening. They decide to go to the zoo and the park. They wait for Nick to arrive before leaving.

Kevin pays for everyone to get in the zoo. He walks a little behind his friends and family thinking. He looks at each of the guys and think back when he was just like them, happy. Now all he had was his memories. His marriage was ending, the guys were all in loving relationships what did he do wrong, He wandered. Didn't he deserve to be happy? Rain looks back and saw Kevin walking alone and decides to join the older man.

“Hey.” Rain says “Hey Rain you having fun yet?” Kevin asks faking a smile. “Kind of.” Rain says shrugging. “Do you think Howie really loves my dad?” Rain asks. “Yeah I do, he's been in a lot of relationships but I've never seen him as happy as he is with your dad.” Kevin says sadly. “Yeah my dad seems happy too.” Rain says. “I'm sorry about your marriage.” Rain says. “Yeah well it's for the best I mean the last thing we want to do is stay together when we're not in love it just makes thing weird.” Kevin says feeling relief that he can talk to someone about what he's feeling even if it is a teenager.

“You'll find the right person one day.” Rain says. “I hope so.” Kevin says putting his arm around the boy. “What do you say we go join the group and cause a little trouble.” Kevin says smiling. “Ok.” Rain says. They run to catch up with rest of the group. They spend the better part of the day at the zoo. They then head over to the park.

“Come on Baylee I'll push you on the swing.” Brian says. As everyone starts playing and having a good time with Baylee, Kevin leaves and does to the toy store and comes back with several bags of water play toys. “Hey guys come over here for a sec.” Kevin calls to everyone. As everyone gathers around he dumps the contents of the bags on the ground. “Chose your weapons and then we'll pick teams.” Kevin instructs. “Uncle Nick's on my team.” Baylee says. “I want Rok with us too Baylee.” Nick says. “Ok.” Baylee says. Rain choses Aj, Kevin and Jerald. On Howie's team there's Viggo, Tim and Harold Jr. The grandparents decided to sit the game out and just watch and take pictures. After a couple of hours of water war everyone is soaked.

They head back to AJ and Brian's to change and go out to eat. They head to Chuck E Cheese for supper and to play a little more with Baylee before they hand him over to Leighanne. They finish eating and Baylee turns in his tickets and get's a huge teddy bear and a couple of smaller toys before heading home.