- Text Size +
 

Chapter 32

Kevin gets back in his car and heads back towards the highway in search of a hotel. He turns into the first hotel he sees. He pays for two weeks and heads for his room. He turns on his cell phone to check his voice mail when it rings. “Hello?” He answers. “Oh My God where are you?” Tim screams into the phone. “Tim I'm fine what's wrong?” Kevin asks. “We have been worried sick about you Kevin, you haven't been answering any of our calls. Kristin came over here crying saying that your clothes were gone and you didn't leave a note or anything.” Tims says. “Look Tim tell everyone I'm fine I just needed to get away for a little while I need to think. Hold on somebody's on my other line.” Kevin says. He checks the caller Id and sees it's Jerald “ Tim, is Jerald there with you?” Kevin asks. “No he and Nick left like 10 minutes after you did.” Tim says. “Look just tell mom and everybody that I'm fine and I'll talk to them later.” Kevin says before clicking over. “Hello?” Kevin answers “Kevin listen I understand that you dated Nick for a while and you fell in love with him but we're together now and it's time for you to let go, he's in love with me not you.” Jerald says. “Jerald, I am letting go, as much as it pains me to say this but I know that Nick's not in love with me and never was I get it. You don't have to worry about me trying to come between ya'll I would never hurt Nick or you like that. Just know one thing if you ever hurt him in anyway I will forget you are family and I'll do to you the same thing I did to that asshole that hurt Howie, Ask Nick about it.” Kevin says hanging up the phone tossing it on the bed.

Back at Nick's

“He says he's not going to break us up but I'm not sure if I believe him.” Jerald says to Nick. “He won't. I know he's your blood brother but he's also my brother and if Kevin says he's not going to break us up he's not.” Nick says. “What did he do to the guy that hurt Howie?” Jerald asks. “Um he told you about that?” Nick asks. “Well he said that if I ever hurt you He'd do the same thing to me that he did to that guy. I was just wondering what happened and if I should be worried.” Jerald says. “I'm not really sure what happened to the guy all I really know is that Kevin and Alex spend a couple nights in jail and they just got off of probation a couple of months ago.” Nick says. “Do you think Aj will tell me cause Kevin sounded angrier than I've ever heard him before.” Jerald asked. “I doubt it.” Nick says. “Well do you know who the guy was?” Jerald asks. “Yeah it was Marshall Mathers.” “ Wait he's gay?” Jerald asks. “Yeah but he's deep in the closet, when he and Howie were together it was down right scary how cautious Howie had to be. And when Marshall got mad then the slams would come, he'd talk about how he hated gays and everything. He would slap Howie around but Howie would always cover up for him but when he beat him up really bad well that's when Kevin and Alex got into trouble with the cops.” Nick explained “Why didn't we hear anything about it on the news?” Jerald asks. “Well Eminem didn't want people to know he'd gotten beat up by two boy-band member so his P..R people covered it up and so did ours. I mean it was more to protect Howie than anything else I mean he wasn't ready to come out publicly and it would have looked horrible for him if the first public relationship he was in was with a known violent person.” Nick says leaning into Jerald a little. “Yeah I guess I understand.” Jerald says. “So where do you think he is?” Nick asks. “ I don't know where he would go here but in Kentucky he'd go back to the cabin and relax there I just don't know baby.” Jerald says. “ I hope he's ok.” Nick says. “He sounded like he was fine angry but fine.” Jerald says.