- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope you like it
Chapter 4.

Brian spends another two weeks in the hospital making sure he was going to be alright. Everyone leaves the hospital and heads for Aj' and Brian's house. Kevin and Aj help Brian inside while his dad and brother bring in everything. Baylee runs up to his room to find a bag with a bow on it on his bed. He brings it down to show his daddy and Nana and pop pop . Brian was sitting in his favorite chair watching everyone make a big fuss over him. “Brian sweetheart would you like something to eat?” Jackie asks her youngest. Brian smiles and gets up walking in the kitchen looking through the cabinets and in refrigerator. He goes over to the bar and starts making a list. “Alex, you need to go to the store.” Brian says as Aj walks in the kitchen. “Mom, will you go with him and make sure he gets exactly what's on the list.” Brian says with a wink only seen by Aj. “Can't your father go?” Jackie asks. “Mom please, I can't send dad he won't pay attention like you will.” Brian whines. “Fine, I'll go.” Jackie says looking at her youngest pout. Aj takes the list and starts towards the car. “Loco boy you wanna ride?” Aj calls to Baylee. “I'm playing with Pop Pop.” Baylee says looking up from his new game. “Alright.” Aj says with a smile. He waits for Jackie to grab her purse. “Brian why did you ask your mom, who might I remind you hates Alex to go with him to the store?” Kevin asks. “Because she has to see for herself that he's not the bad guy she thinks he is. Besides if they're going to be staying here for a while she might as well get use to being around him.” Brian says looking at his cousin. “Well if they kill each other then you'll be holding the next press conference explaining the end of the group.” Kevin says smiling at his cousin.

In the car on the way to the store.

Aj lights a cigarette. “That is a nasty habit.” Jackie says glancing at the young man driving. “I know, Bri keeps telling me to quit.” Aj says taking a long drag off the cigarette before putting it out. Aj pulls into the super Wal-Mart parking lot parking close to the front. “Do you think we'll be recognized here?” Jackie asks. “Yep.” Aj says walking in the store. He takes out the list and hands it to Jackie. “First on the list is turkey bacon.” “I'm not buying that crap it's nasty and Bay won't eat it.” “Well it's on the list so we're getting it.” “Have you ever tried it? Bacon is suppose to be pork not turkey.” Aj argues but puts the bacon in the cart. “Cage-free eggs.” “Eggs are eggs unless you're Brian Littrell then they have to be cage free.” He grabs two dozen. “Steaks, Ribeye, and Porterhouse.” Jackie says reading the list off. They go over and he picks out two packages of steaks. “Those don't look as good as these, here Alex get these.” Jackie says handing Aj the better looking steaks. “You taught Brian how to shop for meat didn't you?” Aj says putting the steaks he chose back and taking hers. “Yes, why?” “He does the same thing he'll spend 30 minutes looking for the best looking meat and ten seconds looking at everything else. They finish the list except for the honey. “Alex we didn't get the honey.” Jackie says.

“I get it on the way home.” Aj say as they pay for everything. “I can't believe we spent $500 on food.” Jackie says shaking her head. “It should last us almost a month depending on what Brian feels like eating.” Aj say as they go back to the car and put the bags in. He takes the long way home. “Where are we going?” Jackie asked. “To get the honey.” Aj says pulling into an open air market. He gets out followed by Jackie. “What are we doing here?” Jackie asks .Aj keeps walking until he gets to a table with jars of honey on them. “Hi Aj, how's Brian and Baylee?” The older lady standing behind the table ask. “They're good just came to get Brian's two jars.” Aj says with a smile. “I heard about the accident, why don't you take two extra on the house.” She says handing Aj four jars of honey. “Give them my love Aj” Aj pays for the honey and walks back to the car. Jackie looks at one of the Jars of honey. “It has the honey comb in it.” She says looking at AJ. “Yeah wanna hear the story behind this honey?” Aj ask. Jackie nods. “Well me and Baylee where on the way home from the store when I realized that I forgot the honey, I saw the sign on the road for fresh honey. I told Baylee I forgot the honey and asked what I should do. He of course laughed and said you're in trouble. I decided to take a chance on this little spot and bought some honey. Baylee thought it was cool that the honey comb was still in there. I get it home and Brian taste it and says it's the best honey he's ever had and that the honey comb was like a chewy, treat. So from that day on I've only bought honey from Miss. Annie.” Aj said smiling. “I see.” Jackie says starting to see how Brian fell in love with him. They remain silent the rest of the way home.
Aj pulls into the drive way honking his horn. He gets out and takes some bags in. “Daddy what did you get me at the store?” Baylee ask running in the kitchen. “Nothing, it wasn't on the list.” Aj says smiling as Baylee starts looking through the bags. “Train there are more bags in the car, make yourself useful.” Aj says as he starts putting the food away. “Turkey bacon, I hate turkey bacon.” Baylee says “It's good for you Bay.” Brian says Baylee pouts as he dad put the rest of the food away. “Damn Aj what did you do buy the damn store.” Kevin says as he helps bring the rest of the bags in. Jackie smacks Kevin on the arm. “Don't swear in front of Baylee.” She says. “Ouch, stop abusing me.” Kevin says putting the bags down to rub his arm. “If you broke my eggs you're going to the store to get me some more.” Brian says glaring at Kevin. “And not just any eggs, cage free eggs.” Aj says wrapping his arms around Brian forgetting his mother was in the room. “What's the difference?” Kevin asks. Aj shrugs pulling away from Brian to put the groceries away. “You didn't get any Popsicles this time.” Baylee says as he opens the freezer. “Baylee why don't we go in the living room and let your dad , Aj and uncle Kevin put the food away.” Jackie says


“You're cheating uncle Harry!” Baylee yells from the living room. “I am not that's how you play the game Bay.” Harold jr says smiling. “Daddy Aj!” Baylee screams. Aj, Kevin and Brian come out of the kitchen. “What's up?” Aj asks “Tell him to stop cheating.” Baylee says pouting. “You're a sad sad man, you have to cheat at a kid's game.“ Kevin says shaking his head. “Somebody needs cuddle time.” Brian says bending down to his sons level. Brian picks Baylee up and carries him over to the chaise lounge and sits down cuddling him. “Daddy Aj.” Baylee whines and motions for Aj to join them. Aj looks around the room and slowly walks over to them getting on the chair so that he could hold Brian.
Baylee moves to the middle of them. Soon Baylee and Brian are asleep. Tim grabs the throw off the couch and places it over them.

“I suggest we cook if we're going to eat.” Denise says going over to kiss the sleeping family. “Why don't we let all the mom's cook.” Kevin suggest getting a look from the rest of the men. “Yeah nothing makes me feel better when I'm sick them mom's home cooking.” Tim says smiling. “And Bri had major surgery so you know he'd love some of Momma L's lava cake.” Nick says smiling. “Nicky, don't ever change.” Howie says smiling “And you know what makes Baylee feel better, um homemade croutons.” Harold Sr. says. “Why don't you boys grill some meat and let us worry about what we're fixing to go with it.” Ann Richardson says looking at the men. “Yeah, boys get to grilling.” Gerald Jr. says. “I think she was talking to all of us Ger.” Tim says shoving his brother. “No she wasn't she said boys and the only people in here that are boys are the Backstreet Boys.” Gerald Jr. smirks. “Let's just start the grill and if we boy's need any servant's we'll let you know. “ Howie says smiling. They grab the meat and head out to the patio to start the grill. “Well, I'll make a salad to go with the croutons.” Viggo says going in the kitchen to start the salad. Rain follows him in the kitchen. “Can you make your king's salad? Please, I don't think Papa D's had it. “ Rain says smiling “You're a cleaver boy I'll make the salad if all the ingredients are here.” Viggo says. “I'll gladly go get anything you need.” Rain says smiling at his dad..

In the kitchen

“Can I ask you something Denise?” Jackie says filling a pot with water for the mac and cheese she knew her son loved. “Of course.” Denise says preparing the potatoes for her roasted new potatoes. “How did you handle Alex telling you he was a homosexual?” Jackie asked. “We'll at first I thought he was just pulling my leg but when he didn't bring home anymore women I knew he was serious and I love my son unconditionally.” Denise says looking up from the potatoes. “Why don't you want Brian to be with Aj?” Ann Richardson asked her sister. “I don't think it's Aj that I don't like it's just that what if people at church find out he's gay what are they going to say.” Jackie says looking at her sister. “So what if they find out.” Ann says “You love Brian?” Denise asks. “Of course I do he's my son.” Jackie says defensively. “I've known Aj for less time then you have and from what I've seen he's in love with Brian and would do anything for him.” Viggo says. “Why wasn't he there when Brian was in the hospital?” Jackie asked. “He wasn't here and didn't know what had happened. When he found out he came straight away I can assure you.” Denise “I'll watch and see for myself.” Jackie says. The kitchen falls silent.

Outside on the patio.

“I had no idea J had such a sweet setup back here.”Nick says looking at the outdoor kitchen. “I know hell if I had known this all of our Bar be ques would have been here instead of my house.” Kevin says. “How did you guys not know?” Howie asks. “We're not here as much as you D and we usually stay in the house.” Kevin says. “Don't forget the hot dogs Kev. Baylee won't eat steak.” Howie tells him “I won't but who doesn't like steak?” Kevin ask looking for the hotdog buns. “It's not that he doesn't like steak it's just that he won't eat a whole one.” Nick says. “He's my cousin, I should know these things about him too.” Kevin says putting the hot dogs on. “Spend more time with him and less trying to ram your massive cock into Nicky here.” Howie says. “Maybe I will.” Kevin says. “Hey I like that massive cock thank you.” Nick says. They continue their small talk while the steaks, burgers and hotdogs cook.

In the living room.

“Why is aunt Jackie so up tight about Brian being gay?” Tim asks “Your aunt has this notion that Brian's sexuality is going to compromise her getting into heaven.” Harold Sr. says looking over at his youngest son. “That's not true and if it is mom's in trouble.” Tim says. “What do you mean?” Gerald Jr asked. “You don't know?!” Tim looked at his brother in disbelief. “Kevin's seeing Nick.” Tim says looking at his brother, cousin and uncle. “That bastard!” Gerald gets up and runs through the kitchen to the back yard. “I'm gonna kill you you fag” Gerald screams at Nick before punching the younger man in the face. Kevin grabs his older brother and throws him off of Nick. “Baby, you ok?” Kevin ask trying to make sure Nick is ok. “I'm fine.” Nick says standing up. Gerald lunges at Nick again. Kevin being held back by Howie and Nick while Tim and Harold Sr. are holding Gerald jr back. Kristin comes outside followed by everyone else. “What's going on?” She ask stepping between the men. “That fag seduced Kevin.” Gerald tells her. “Kevin is this true?” Ann asks her son. “Not exactly.” Kevin says relaxing. “What does that mean?” Ann ask. “Nick didn't seduce me I seduced him.” Kevin says reaching out for Nick. “But you're married!. Gerald yells. “And?” Kristin says. Everyone looks at her. “So what if Kevin's bopping Nick on the side.” Kristin says. “Who the hell cares? I sure as hell don't all I care about is his happiness and if having Nick on the side makes him happy so be it.” Kristin says shaking her head

“It's not the same when it's your son is it?” Jackie says turning to her sister. “Yes it is the same. If Kevin wants to be with Nick and his wife has no problem with it what say do I have.” Ann says. “You're not serious are you mom? Gerald says. “Yes Gerald I am.” She says walking back inside.

Viggo walks over to check on Howie. “I'm fine nobody hit me.” Howie says calming Viggo down.
“I hate you!” Gerald screams at Kevin. “Fuck you!” Kevin says. “You knew and you go behind my back and do this shit.” Gerald says. “Don't blame this on me, you had your chance and you blew it so don't say I did a damn thing wrong.” Kevin says angrily “You're my brother you're not suppose to do shit like that Kev.” Gerald yells at Kevin. “Oh get over it, I told you if you didn't make your move I would.” Kevin says walking over to the grill. “I guess we really are irresistible.” Aj says smiling from the door. Everyone turns and looks at him “Gerald, if you're honest with yourself you know you were in love with the fact of being in love with a Backstreet Boy and not in love with Nick as a person.” Aj says. Nick goes inside to check his nose. Brian glares at his cousin before going inside to check on Nick. Kevin turns and takes the meat off the grill. “Let's eat.” he says handing the platter of meat to Viggo.