- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Two in one day.
Chapter 5


They all go inside and sit down to eat. “This is nice isn't it one big happy, gay family.” Aj says.
“I'm not gay.” Gerald jr. says. “No you just want to do Nick.” Kevin says bitterly. “Watch your language Train.” Aj warns. Brian and Nick come out of the bathroom. “I don't think it's broken.” Brian says. “Did you get hurt cooking uncle Nick?” Baylee asked. “Yeah I walked into something.” Nick says glaring at Gerald. “Everything looks great.” Rain says looking at all the food. “I want two hotdogs please. Aj fixes Baylee two hotdogs with ketchup.”Do you want anything else Baylee?” Ann asks. “Mac and cheese please.” Baylee says looking at all the food. “This food is delicious.” Viggo says.
“I love this salad, what did you call it.” Jackie asks. “It's the king salad.” Rain says smiling. “Why do you can it the king salad?” Harold Sr. asks. “Because he made it after the Return of the King and everybody called it that.” Rain explains “Oh you're and actor.” Jackie says. “Not just any actor he was in the Lord of The Ring trilogy.” Kristin says. They eat and talk for what seems like forever. Kevin and Gerald manages not to say a single word to each other the entire time. “I'm sleepy.” Baylee says walking over to Aj and climbing into his lap. “Ok loco boy let's say good night and daddy and I'll tuck you in. Baylee gives everyone a hug and kiss goodnight. Aj carries Baylee up to his room and they start their nightly tradition. Brian tucked Baylee in and Aj checked the room for monsters.

In the living room.

Brian and AJ come back downstairs to see their families sitting staring at each other in silence. “Well I think we need to talk this out. I don't do silence very well it makes me itch.” Aj says walking over to Kevin and climbing into the man's lap. “There's nothing to talk about.” Gerald says. “Oh yes there is.” Brian says walking over to his oldest cousin and sitting in his lap. “Get off of me Brian.” Gerald says. “Hey be nice to me I'm sick.” Brian says with a pout. “Gerald do you really like Nick as a person.”Aj asks. “I don't know. I mean I'm attracted to him.” Gerald says looking over at Nick who was sitting next to Howie with his head on his shoulder. “Who isn't.” Aj says. Viggo, Howie, Tim and Rain all raise their hands. “It was rhetorical you weren't meant to answer it.” Aj says rolling his eyes at the men. “Nick do you love Kevin.” Brian ask. “Of course I do.” Nick says looking at Brian in shock. “We know you love him but is it because he's safe. I mean are you with Kevin because you've known him a really long time and you're afraid to step out of your comfort zone.” Aj asks. Nick stares at him blankly. “Nicky tell him that's not why you're with me.” Kevin says looking at the young man. “I can't.” Nick says looking at his feet. “You were the first person I came out to and you were my first so I guess I felt comfortable with you. I . I I do love you Kevin.” Nick explains looking down at his shoes too afraid to look at Kevin. “You don't love me Nicky you're safe with me there's a difference. I however do and will always love you.” Kevin says pushing Aj off of his lap and walking outside. “I just ended the group didn't I?” Nick asks looking at Brian. “No,you broke his heart Nick.” Kristin says walking outside with Kevin. After about 45 minutes Kevin walks back inside. “ I don't want you to love me because you feel safe with me I want you to love me because it's how you feel. If you want to go out with Gerald I won't stand in the way but I won't be waiting for you either.” Kevin says looking at Nick.
“Kev. I.” Gerald says. “Don't, just know that if you hurt my little brother I will hunt you down and make you with you were never born.” Kevin says looking at his older brother. “I wouldn't dream of hurting him if he'll go out with me.” Gerald says looking over at Nick. “I don't know you'll have to ask my brothers.” Nick says. “Well I don't know I mean we don't know anything about him.” Brian says. “Yeah, we need to get to know him first you find out about his family and stuff.” Kevin says with a smile. “I wouldn't go out with him. “Harold Sr. says. “Why not?” Nick says “Well first of all he has this annoying little brother who is in a boy band.” “Vocal harmony group!” “Whatever, and he's always trying to hang out with him.” Harold says. “And he has a small penis.” Tim says laughing. “I do not!” Gerald says in defense. “I want everyone to stay here tonight please.” Brian says getting off of Gerald and going upstairs. Everyone finding a room to sleep in goes to bed.

Later that night Baylee wakes up screaming “DADDY Help!!!!!!!” Brian and Aj followed by the rest of the family runs in. “Baby, we're here.” Brian says holding the boy. “The monsters are gonna get me.” Baylee says sobbing into his dad's arms. “What monsters?” Aj asks. “Closet monsters.” Baylee says reaching for Aj. “You said you got them all.” Baylee says. “He must have been a really little one cause I got all the big ones I promise.” Aj says rubbing Baylee's back. “They can grow really fast though.” Nick says from behind Gerald. “They can't get you if you have a teddy with you, because they're scared of teddys” Nick says. “I don't have a teddy just a blankie.” Baylee says. Aj leave and comes back with an old care bear. “Here, this is braveheart your daddy gave him to me a long long time ago.” Aj says handing the small boy the bear. “Stay with me Nick please in case it comes back.” Baylee says reaching for his favorite uncle. Nick looks at Kevin. “I'll check for gremlins.” Kevin says as he goes through the room looking for monsters. After the two friends are in bed everyone leaves. “He believes in monsters and stuff?” Gerald whispers to Kevin. “Yeah and if you're going to date him you'd better be able to keep him safe.” Kevin says before going back to bed.