- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Finally an update, sorry for keeping you waiting that long...Tell me what do you think???

“Now tell me one thing, WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?” Karen started off so calm then all of a sudden she switched into screaming.
We were back to my room. After the “bad” breakfast we just had, and that would be the understatement of this week, the boys were off to whatever interview, photo shoot, or anything they should to that day. And I was supposed to start planning for Nick’s session as well. Apparently this would have to wait after the lecture I was about to get.
“Karen, Leave her alone a little, even though I also would like to know, what were you thinking?” Chris said, addressing me with the last question.
“IT’S AN OLD TRICK JULIE, WHY DID IT COME TO LIFE NOW?”
“It’s not that old” I muttered
“DON’T BE A SMART ASS”
“Karen, stop yelling!” Chris said. “Julie, why did you say I am your boyfriend?”
“Well you kinda are, right?”
“WHAT?” Of course this was Karen.
“You are a boy, and my friend, that makes you my boy friend” I said hesitantly shooting them a shy smile. Ok, maybe a scared smile.
“Julie…” This time it was Chris who gave me the warning tone.
“Oh, Alright. It was AJ’s idea. Kinda…”
“Kinda what?” Karen asked when she saw that I wasn’t finished talking.
“Kinda his idea. It’s just that they all thought that I am sleeping with AJ. It was a stupid joke at first; I remembered our prank in school and thought that I do it with AJ. He then told me why I didn’t say that before since the boys already think that we are sleeping together. A light bulb went on over my head, and long story short…You know” I babbled.
“Oh Julie” Karen then gave me a hug and commented that this charade wouldn’t last forever.
“I know. I just want to shut them up for a while, especially Nick. You saw how he is?”
“But you know that made Chris look bad” She said.
“I knowwww. Just bare with me for a while. It’s not like you are going to stay here for a long time” I said with hopeful eyes. It was weird that Chris didn’t comment yet. But I am sure that he won’t say no. The guy is an angel.
“Ok, fine...but on conditions though. I am not going to kiss you in front of people or anything” Chris stated.
“EWWWW” I uttered.
“Oh, thank you very much” He said laughing.
“It is just you are like my brother” I replied.
“I know…anyway, no kisses or stuff like that, ok?”
“Deal”
“Deal?” Of course that was Karen again.
“Come on Karebear, pleaaaaassseeee” Yeah I become whinny when I want to.
“You know whining won’t get you anywhere?” and yeah, Karen figured me out long time ago.
“If you love me” I said, my eye brow lifted up and gave her a look.
“Now you are not playing fair” she said agitated.
“Come on, help your sister”
“Fine”
“Really?”
“Yeah, but you know this would be out in no time. You know we can’t keep our hands of each other”
“I know. I’ll keep praying though” I said laughing.
*******************************
“So you have a boyfriend” Nick commented out of the blue.
I was giving him the back massage. A half an hour of total silence, and this is what he comes up with?
“Yeah. Is that a problem?” I asked wondering, what the hell was wrong with him?
“No, just that you didn’t strike me as the type with boyfriends” He replied casually, as if he didn’t just insult me.
“What is that supposed to mean?” I asked defensively.
“Well, I just imagined you, setting at your house, alone, lighting a scented candle beside you as you read a hopelessly romantic story and eating a bucket of ice cream.”
“FYI, I don’t eat a bucket of ice cream, too much sugar makes me gag. Ok “sugar”. And I don’t read romantic novels, they also make me gag”
“But you do sit alone reading with a scented candle on, right caramel?”
“Caramel?” I looked at him as if he was an idiot.
“You just called me sugar” he looked at me raising an eye brow as if he was saying “try to deny it”
“Caramel? That’s just ret…” Then I bit my tongue hard before I say something I might regret.
“That’s just what?”
“Nothing” I said as I continued rubbing his back, the process I realized I stopped doing. But noooo, he never leaves things as they are. He just sat up pulling the sheet to cover himself properly and looked me in the eye and asked “What were you going to say?”
“Nothing. Can we get back to our session, please?”
“Not until you tell me what you were going to say!” He replied as a matter of fact.
“Mr. Carter…”
“Mr. Carter?” He asked astonished. “You never called me that before”
“I didn’t?, No I think I did”
“I don’t think so; it sure would have stuck in my head if you did”
“Well, My fault then. I should have called you Mr. Carter a long time ago. But still it is fixable, so would you please lay back down Mr. Carter” This time I stressed his name.
“No” He simply replied.
“NO?” I was about to start yelling. I knew I was. But I recollected every power I have to try not to.
“No, you still didn’t tell me what you were about to say. So…” Then something shinned in his eyes, as if, God forbid, he was thinking about something, or an idea just came to his mind “Forget about that, so, you have a boyfriend. How is he like? Looks handsome Julie” He suddenly said taking me by surprise.
I took a step back looking at him carefully, that’s when I couldn’t help myself but say
“Are you turning Gay now?” I said wondering. Why in the Hell would he say that Chris is handsome?
“WHAT? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?” He asked apparently yelling at me.
“You just said he is handsome, that’s a gay thing” I tried to justify, only making matters worse.
“AND YOU JUST REPEATED THAT. Get out” He said pointing to the door.
“What?” I said taking another step back.
“I said GET OUT”
“You are in MY room” I tried to put some sense in his mind, obviously it back fired. His eyes turned gray as it was about to shoot fire at me.
“I am your boss, when I say get out, you get out” he said in a terrifying low tone.
I couldn’t talk; I just stood frozen not knowing what to do.
“GET OUT” that alone made me run to the door then slamming it shut as fast as I could. But then I stood in the hallway, not knowing where to go or what to do. He is in my room, ALONE. Who knows what he was doing in there, probably trashing it to punish me. Or may be putting itching powered in my underwear drawer or something. This is Nick we are talking about; you wouldn’t know what he is thinking. Add anger to the situation, the guy could be lethal.
Suddenly, and after about 10 minutes, he come out fully clothed and buttoning his pants.
“I won’t let this slide. I will do everything I can to get you fired” I stood there eyes wide and nearly in tears, but he didn’t say anything more. He stormed to his room and slammed it shut.
I didn’t know what to do next. So, I simply stood in the corridor crying my eyes out. I was in a daze. My mind kept wondering,
What the hell happened?