- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for every comment and review you gave me. It's what keeps me writing.
thank you for your feedback. and hope that you like this chapter.
“…and this is merely the headlines, mostly what was known publicly” Brian finished narrating.
I must have looked surprised, because Brian chuckled.
“Did you understand now what I meant about Nick’s privacy? I just told you what is only on suffice and look at you” He said.
“He needs a psychiatrist. Not me Brian.” I replied still dazed.
“Oh. No no no…You don’t get it. We tried that it didn’t work, he didn’t agree and when he went there, let’s just say it didn’t work. You are our last hope” He said, apparently scared that I will leave them.
“But, I can’t do that. I don’t have a secret potion that will suddenly make him a happy better person.”
“We will help each other out. Julie, Nick is like a little brother to me. We suddenly assumed that he is older now, he won’t need us anymore, but apparently it did hurt him”
“He thought by giving him his space that you left him alone” I explained.
“I just guess that we did give him space and he was thankful at first, but the space grow into a gap, if you know what I mean” He reasoned.
“Yeah, I understand” I started thinking about changing my plans; my treatment plans should change. I would have to buy new oils as well.
“You are not thinking of leaving now, are you?”He asked a little scared.
“Oh! No. I am just thinking about the methods I should use now. Nick will need a better treatment”
“Thank God” He sighed. “Thank you Julie, for trying to help”
“Well it is my Job after all, and I don’t think that Kevin will let me go just yet” I joked.
“Sorry about that too. Kevin has been on edge since he saw the “new Nick”, as he calls him” he actually made the quotation marks with his hand which made me smile.
“I now understand where he comes from. I just don’t want him to vent his anger on me, that’s all”
“If you want, I can talk to him…”
“Don’t worry I will handle my own battles” I interrupted.
“As you wish, but don’t hesitate…”
“Thanks, really. I appreciate it” I stood up to leave thanking him again for his time.
I left the room to find Nick going to his, with a girl hanging on his arm. Must be a vampire from the way she was sucking his neck. He smiled at me, and then raised his hand to wave.
“I will wait for my turn, Julie” He yelled.
What the heck is he talking about?
***********************************************************************
“Wanna go shopping?” I asked AJ after I knocked his door.
“You don’t have to ask twice” He answered. “Give me a minute to change and call Marcus”
“OK, but hurry up, I will wait here”
He nodded then closed the door. I leaned by the door waiting for him, when Nick’s door opened and he went out ,only in his robe, to the ice machine to get some ice. I didn’t even want to know why he needs some now; with Nick’s twisted mind you can expect anything.
“Moving on already, wow” He said, grabbing some ice.
“What do you mean?” I asked.
“Nothing” he looked my way and turned to leave. I grabbed his arm, and asked again.
“Let go” he threatened.
“Not before you answer me”
He leaned down to my height and narrowed his eyes “I said let…go”
I gulped but still didn’t leave his arm. Suddenly AJ came out of the room dressed in Jeans and a black T-shirt. He looked at us confused at first then I removed my hand from Nick’s arm. I hocked my arm through AJ’s arm.
“Let’s go, we will be late.” I addressed AJ.
“Where to?” He asked.
“You will know when we reach there” I answered calling the elevator. I glanced at Nick to find him grinning then going back to his room
Asshole
“Who?” AJ asked. “Is there something wrong?”
I guess I said that out loud “Forget it…come on let’s go”, then I stepped into the elevator. AJ had a skeptic look on his face but didn’t say anything.
Thank God.
*******************************************************************
“Are you a witch or something?” AJ was joking around since we stepped into the shop.
“Why?”
“Well you bought those oil bottles, it’s like you are going to make a potion, it’s as if you are Hermione” he said laughing
“Something like that…” I said smirking
“What are you planning to do Julie?” he asked a little serious now.
“Nothing. These are just materials for Nick’s treatment” I replied. “I might make you a love potion or something” I laughed. But his worried expression startled me, though I let it slide