- Text Size +
"I said no, Nick!" my voice slightly raising.

He sighed, "Come ooonnn."

He was whining, I hated when he started to whine.

"I don't want to go out tonight. Stop pestering me about it!"

"Aje, you haven't gone out in forever. Please, just come to the club for a night."

"Who's gonna watch Adelynn?" I questioned.

"You know damn well you can get a babysitter."

I shook my head, "I'm not leaving her with just anybody, you should know that, Nick."

"Brian and Leighanne will take her - and you know it. They're still in LA, too."

"Why? Why do you do this to me?" I groaned.

Nick smiled, "So that's a yes?"

"No!" I yelled back.

"Alright, we're leaving in about 20 minutes so get ready quick."

Nick walked away quickly before I could even respond. He was good. Once he walked away, I could never say no to him. How did he do that? I wondered.

I jogged up the stairs and went straight into the bathroom. I wasn't going to take another shower, there wasn't enough time. I'd just have to clean myself up as much as possible. I picked out an outfit and changed into it, placed a black beanie on my head and I couldn't forget all my rings and necklaces.

I picked up the phone and dialed Brian's number.

"Hello?"

"Rok, it's AJ."

"What's up?" he asked.

"Nick convinced me to go out with him..."

"That's good, Bone. You need that for a night."

"You too? Geesh," I said, "Anyways, I need you and Leigh to help with Adelynn for me. Can you do that?"

"Of course. Bring her on over."

"Thanks, Bri."

I could hear Nick yelling my name from downstairs. I rolled my eyes, "I'm coming!" I screamed back.

I looked at him, shoving food in his face and crumbs were falling onto his shirt and then slid down to the floor.

"Do you mind?"

"What?" he mumbled and shrugged his shoulders. I pointed to the floor and he just looked down and back up, "Oops."

I walked into the living room where Adelynn had been sitting in her playpin. I reached in and picked her up, "Hey, baby."

She giggled and I laughed right back.

"Go to Uncle Nicky while I get your stuff ready...," I handed her over to him and he smiled.

"What would your daddy do without your Uncle Nicky?" Nick lifted her up in the air and AJ rolled his eyes once again as he walked into the other room.

He came back, 10 minutes later, with an armfull of stuff.

"Jesus, AJ, she's gonna be there for one night."

I shook my head, "I know. Believe me, she needs all this."

Nick just shrugged and he held onto Adelynn's little hands and bent over as he tried to help her walk by herself. She could only do it for a little bit without getting tired and plopping down onto her butt.

"Can you carry her out to the car for me? Put her in her seat? I'll carry all this shit out."

Nick nodded, "Yeah."

----------------------------------

The music was blaring through the speakers, and the lights flashed different colors all over. AJ looked around at all the drunk idiots dancing on the floor. I can't do this. I shouldn't be doing this.

"AJ? Come on!" Nick shouted and waved over to me.

Nick was already drunk, I could tell. He was a light-weight, he would drink five beers and act like he was wasted. But I went over to where he wanted me to.

"This is Jill," Nick pointed to the woman next to him, "She wanted to meet you."

I just smiled and stuck my hand out, we shook hands.

"I'm AJ," I replied.

"I'm Jill," she smiled back.

Damn. She was beautiful. Nick always managed to find the good ones. I eyed her boobs but didn't want to seem rude by staring. They were nice. I shook my head... snap out of it!

"Nick says your in need of a date...," she slyly grinned.

Nick must've been too smart because he was already gone, knowing I would've kicked his ass.

"Uhm, well... I dunno about that," I laughed but I opened my eyes and BAM! Her lips were on mine. I don't know how it happened, but it did. And I liked it. Oh, God, it had been so long.

I placed my hand around her waist and looked down at her pretty face. She was beautiful.

"Follow me," she took my hand and began leading me through the crowd.

This was gonna be one crazy night.