- Text Size +
My head. My head was going to explode! She wouldn't stop crying. She was in a mood, let me tell you! She was in her crib now, and she was supposed to be sleeping, but she had been screaming for an hour now. I had to get her... I just had to. I couldn't take that noise anymore.

I know they tell you to let them cry as long as they can and they'll eventually fall asleep. Screw doctors. I know my daughter, and she ain't going to sleep.

I grumbled nothing in particular and jogged up the stairs.

I entered Addy's room and right when she saw me, she stopped crying. I rolled my eyes and leaned over to pick her up. She calmed down but every now and then a little cry would come out. Her head slowly fell to my shoulder and I rocked her back and forth, "Shhh... shhh... what's wrong with Daddy's Addy, huh?"

Before I knew it, she was fast asleep and snoring in my arms. I grinned and as carefully as I could, placed her back in her crib. Just needed a little bit of her Daddy's lovin'. I liked to watch her sleep. Her little stomach moving up and down, her light snores coming from her tiny body.

"AAAAAAJJJJJJJJJ?!"

Shit, Nick! I ran out of the bedroom and looked over the loft where you could see the foyer.

"Shhhh!" I whispered my loudest whisper.

Nick looked up and saw me, "Oops."

"You dumbass!" I whispered, as I walked down the stairs to greet him.

"Sorry."

"I just put her down... she's been screaming for the last hour. I don't know what's up with her."

"So I came at the right time?" Nick asked, "The quiet time?"

I just shook my head and laughed, "Yes, Nick. You came at the quiet time. Lucky you."

He laughed, "No, dude... you wanna know the real reason I came?"

"Why?"

"'Cuz I'm bored and got nothing else to do. But I figured we could always go swimming in your pool, since mines not installed yet."

I just rolled my eyes and laughed, "You came over here... to swim in my pool?"

He shrugged, "Got nothing better to do. You know how it is when we first get off the road... it's like a complete change."

"I was gonna wait until Adelynn woke up to get in the pool."

"Okay, I'll wait with you."

I laughed. "Jill came over again like 3 nights ago," I told Nick, as we made ourselves comfortable on the couch.

I propped my feet on the coffee table and popped open a can of Coke.

"She did? What you two got goin' on, now?" Nick grinned.

"Sadly nothing. We just sat up and talked the whole night. Again."

Nick laughed, "AJ needs to get layed!"

"Nah, I mean, it was cool. We get along great... but not as a couple. I don't like her like that."

Nick shrugged, "I can find you another girl. One that will actually sleep with you."

He laughed to himself and I just glared at him. I was sick of him trying to hook me up with girls, they never worked out right.

"Nick, no more girls...," I tried to say, but he wasn't about to listen.

"Not girlfriends, AJ. Just a one night stand... a sex fling. I didn't mean for Jill to stick around."

"Jill's a nice girl, I like her. But not as a girlfriend. Nick, I don't really want a relationship or anything right now...," I tried to say but he cut me off.

"I didn't say a relationship... I said a fling."

"Whatever."

The thing that I didn't admit to him was that a one night stand was really what I needed right now. I hated how he could see right through me. I had been so busy lately with Adelynn, and having no sex for so long was really starting to show in my personality.

"Are the other guys still in LA?" I asked, "I haven't really talked to much of them this past week."

"Kevin flew back to Kentucky with Kristin to see his family, Brian's still here with Leighanne and Baylee. Howie's still here, too."

"We should invite them over," I suggested.

"Sure, why not?" Nick agreed.

"I'll call Rok."

"I got D."

We both took out our cellphones and dialed the numbers. By the time they would get here, Adelynn would be awake so it would work out perfect.