- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This isn't my first fic yet it's the first fic I've decided to post, the first fic that I feel confident in sharing. I'm not sure how long it's going to be but I do have a general idea of where I want it to go, the direction. As it is my first posted fic reviews (good and bad) are much appreciated. Let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy :)
Innocence
01


This night was of a different kind of dark. This night the clouds beheld not the expected dusty gray color of a storm but a murderous look. Neon green could be seen where the Dark Mark hovered in the air, the serpent entwined throughout the skull.

The remaining Death Eaters were enjoying a night of what they called fun: torture. Torturing of innocents.

Thunder and lighting filled the sky. Howling winds and pounding rain weren’t doing much to ease a certain wizard’s temper.

He’d convinced himself the worst was over. The Dark Lord, Voldemort, was dead. Gone, forever.

But his followers lived on. They thrived for vengeance. A certain Death Eater more than others. His father.

The wizard in question had chosen good versus evil, life versus death, and right versus…his Father.

What had started out as a walk throughout the city would soon end a nightmare. Or would it?

He was in no mood to deal with this. The walk was to ease his nerves. The developing storm, already deep in progress, was doing just the opposite. It reminded him of his past, things he cared not to remember.

He had been, and was currently, experiencing a mental war within himself. He’d defied his father. He knew there’d be consequences.

The wizard paused in his footsteps. Up ahead he could barely make out two figures. His view was still clouded by the raging storm so, he could not be sure. Was that wand light? He was not surprised, the Death Eaters were still out and about and this was magical London.

He knew he had to help. Someone was in danger. One figure fell to the ground as he sped up his pace. Another flash of wand light aimed towards the prey. The fallen figure looked unconscious, or…dead. More wand light.

He ran towards them. The hooded one doing all of the attacking, the Death Eater, stopped to look at the newcomer, running towards them. Did he want a taste of some of this as well?

The predator aimed his wand at the newcomer and yelled, “dizzium” as the other yelled, “missfierium” to block the attack.

He was there. Between the two was the lifeless appearance of the victim.

“Draco, son, didn’t I warn you that the next time we met I’d murder you without a second thought?” drawled the hooded Death Eater.

“Don’t call me ‘son’, Lucius, for if you plan on murdering your own flesh and blood you are not my father” Draco replied.

Draco looked at the man he had once called ‘father’ in disgust. Then he dared glance away to view the figure below him. He couldn’t tell if it was a man or woman, let alone who it was. The person had a set of robes wrapped around his or herself, curled into a ball. Lightning was all around them. Yet still, he couldn’t tell. This storm was insane. He felt deep sorrow for the one who had experienced Lucius’ wrath. It wasn’t a desirable thing to go through, he knew from experience. It was all in his dark past.

“ She’s a ‘mudblood’. Not worthy of life, let alone the attention of a Malfoy.” Lucius’ responded to Draco’s sympathetic looks.

“ ‘She’, you’d sink that low as to harm a woman, a defenseless one at that” Draco questioned.

“The ‘witch’ wasn’t defenseless, just to weak to rival a Malfoy.” He spat.

“A woman!”

“Don’t worry, she had her share of fun (::smirking::), before it resolved to this. As soon as the opportunity struck she fled, grabbing her robes along with her wand. I gave her a head start before I decided it was time to end our little game. Although, she did make quite an effort to fight back, but look at her now” and he laughed.

Draco had had enough. He knew that this day would come eventually, the day he’d have to face his ‘father’ once and for all. Contrary to his previous beliefs though, it was easier than he had though it would be. Much easier.

Wand still at his side, he covertly aimed it towards the disgraceful excuse of a wizard, no…the monster, in front of him. The curse had escaped from betwixt his lips faster then he’d even had time to think the, and then again and again.

Avengium! Avengium! Avengium!” Draco said in a dark and serious voice that Lucius had never heard before.

Once would have been enough but all of his bottled up rage towards Lucius Malfoy had finally reached its peaking point, he could take it no longer.

Lucius was sent flying into a tree with a burst of rainbowish sparks. He was dead.
Draco had used the “Avenging Curse” on his own flesh and blood. One would think he was ludicrous for even contemplating it but no one had known Lucius Malfoy like he had known him. He believed, without a doubt, that his ‘father’ had deserved what was coming to him.

Not many witches and wizards actually knew of the “Avenging Curse”, unless they had read about it in a book somewhere but even then, they probably wouldn’t have believed of its actual existence. It was an advanced curse only wizards and witches with flawless virtuosity could master. The curse was only to be used in vengeance for another, not for one’s self…if otherwise used the curse would backfire.

This woman had been violated and was nearly robbed of her life.