- Text Size +

Chp 21

 

The next morning Veronica and I were the first ones awake. We decided to make pancakes and sausage for the guys. She noticed the ring on my left hand. I looked over and saw her looking at it. "I guess you're wanting to know about my ring huh?" I asked her laughing. "Well yea, it had crossed my mind," she replied. "Nick gave it to me last night. He said that one day he hopes to replace it with an engagement ring. He said he also promises to be with me always. He then asked me to wear it and of course I said yes," I said happily. "Wow! that's awesome. It's absolutely gorgeous," she said. "Thanks. Oh and look what it says on the inside," I said handing her the ring. ' To my soul mate forever' she read out loud. "Awe that's so sweet. He really loves you. I only hope AJ and I are as happy as you two are," she said. "Yea he does and I really love him. I'm sure that you and AJ will be happy. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about there," I said comforting her. "Oh I've got some good news as well," she said smiling. "Really?" I asked. "Yep. AJ asked me to be with him from now on. Wherever he goes, I go. And of course I said yes," she said excitedly. "Wow that's awesome. So I guess we'll be seeing a lot of each other from now on huh?" I said laughing. "I guess so," she said. We continued making the guys' breakfast.

"Wow it smells good in here," AJ said stumbling into the kitchen. "Thanks. Veronica did most of the cooking though," I said elbowing her. "Oh good looks and a good cook, what are the odds of them being together and getting me one," he said laughing. "Pretty good considering I got one of those too," Nick said coming up behind me and grabbing my waist. Veronica and I just laughed. Now that both of them were up we decided to eat breakfast.

"So what are the plans for today," AJ asked. "Well I have to call my grandmother and tell her about the good news plus I haven't talked to her since Nick got here. After that, it doesn't really matter to me," I replied. "I'm guessing you said yes to Nick?" AJ asked. "Yes I did. I would not have said anything BUT yes," I said smiling at Nick. He reached over and grabbed my hand and squeezed it. "That's awesome. Congratulations you two. I'm really happy for the both of you," AJ said. "Thanks, I hear you are gonna have some company coming with you from now on," I said looking over at Veronica.

"I'm guessing she said to you too Bone?" Nick asked. "Yep. sure did. She made me the happiest man last night," AJ said looking at Veronica and smiling. "Well that's awesome. I'm very happy for the both of you. I guess you and Jennifer will be seeing a lot of each other then," Nick said looking at Veronica. "Yea I guess so. Good thing we get along so well," Veronica said laughing. "Oh yea, defintely a good thing," I said.

After breakfast, the guys helped us clean up. After everyone got ready, I went to go and call my grandmother. I left the other three up to making plans for the day.