- Text Size +

chp 26

 

My birthday surprise

 

 

Three month have passed and during those months Veronica and I became really great friends with Leigh, Leighanne and Kristen. The guys were always in the studio working on the new album so we seen lots of each other. After they were finished working on it in LA we headed to New York for the day when the album came out. I was starting to get worried though. My birthday was in a couple of days and Nick hasn't even asked me what I would like. I was starting to think that he either wouldn't have time or forgot.

Well it was the morning of my birthday. We were all staying in The Plaza Hotel. That morning I just really didn't feel like getting out of bed. I rolled over and there was a note on Nick's pillow. It said: ' I hope you're ready for a day full of surprises. That's right. I'm full of them again today. You didn't think I forgot. I could never do that to you, my love. First surprise, Go open the door. Love, Nick.' I got up and went to open the door, I was shocked at what I seen. Nick was standing there with a tray filled with breakfast. "Happy Birthday, baby. I thought you might like some breakfast," he said smiling. "You are too sweet, thank you," I said kissing him. "Well don't thank me yet, the day is not over with," he said grinning. We both sat down at the table and ate our breakfast.

"I thought you were going to be working with the guys today finishing the final touches on the album," I said. "On your birthday! Not a chance. There is no way I would work on your birthday if I can help it," he said. All of a sudden there was a knock on the door. "You better go get that," he said smiling. "It's another surprise isn't it?" I asked. "Just go get the door," he said. "Ok ok." When I opened the door there were red roses everywhere. I couldn't believe how many there were. There were even roses down the hallway, both ways. I turned around and closed the door. I headed towards Nick with tears in my eyes. "What's wrong baby? Do you like them?" he asked. "I love them," I whispered in his ear as I wrapped my arms around him. "Thank you," I continued. After our long embrace, we carried in all of the vases of roses. I counted 50 dozen roses. The roomed smelled great. "Well we better go get ready. We have a full day ahead of us," Nick said. "What else could you possibly have up your sleeve?" I asked. "Oh you'll see," he said.

After we were both ready to go, we headed out the hotel and started walking downtown New York, making a few stops here and there. One stop we did make was at a pet store. Both of us were huge animal lovers. I thought we were just stopping by to look, Nick had other plans.

We started looking around the store. NIck headed straight where the puppies were. After I finally found him, he had an English Bulldog puppy in his hands. "Oh my god he is so cute," I said petting him. "Well he is a she and she's yours now. Happy Birthday baby," Nick said handing her to me. "Oh my god, no way. You've got to be kidding me right? I've always wanted a bulldog," I said with excitement. "I know, I talked to your grandmother," he said. "She's in on this too," I replied. "Yep. So first, what are you going to call her?" Nick asked. "Well since you gave her to me, I think I'll call her Kaos. Lord knows she'll cause plenty of it," I said laughing. "Kaos, I like it. I think she does too," he said petting her. The rest of the afternoon we shopped for things for Kaos.

When the day was almost through, we headed back to the hotel room. As soon as we got there, I jumped into the shower. While I was in there, Nick wrote me a note and took Kaos and went over to Brian's room.

When I came out of the shower I found a note on the counter. It read: ' I still have one last surprise for you tonight. There is a box on the bed for you and I will pick you up at 7pm sharp. With all my love, Nick.' I went to the bed and there was a huge box. I opened the box and there was a red strapless gown with a chiffon shawl. The gown had sequins around the skirt and it went to the floor. The outfit was complete with shoes, necklace, bracelet and earrings. I couldn't believe my eyes. I just started crying. There was another note inside. It read: ' I hope you like the dress. I picked it out myself. You look so gorgeous and sexy in red. I also hope you like the jewelry. I also picked those out myself. Love, Nick.' I tried the dress on and if fit perfectly.

After I was finished getting ready, it was 7pm and there was a knock on the door. I opened the door and Nick was standing there in a black tuxedo, complete with cuff links and patent shoes. He was holding a single red rose. My jaw literally dropped and I had to catch my breath. "Wow I was right," he said looking me over. "Yes you were, it fits perfectly," I said. "No not that. You do look jaw dropping gorgeous and sexy in red," he said kissing me. "Well thank you. You look very handsome as well," I said looking him over....again. "Well thank you very much. Well, your chariot awaits my lady," he said holding out his hand. I picked up my purse, locked the door and he took me out to the front of the hotel.

When we got out the front door, there was a horse drawn carriage waiting. I thought it was for someone else so I stood there waiting for our limo to pull up. "Good evening," the driver said tilting his hat. "Good evening," Nick said as we were walking towards the carriage. "You mean this is for us?" I asked with excitement. "Sure is. Here, take my hand and let me help you up," Nick said extending his hand out to help me up. Once we were inside the carriage we took off. The driver took us around downtown New York, through Central Park. We stopped in front of a very tall building. "Are you hungry?" Nick asked. "Very," I said as my stomach was growling. "But there is no restuarant in sight," I continued. "Oh yes there is," he said. "It's up there," he said as he pointed to the top of the building. "It's so exclusive, I had to make these reservations when you lived here. No one really knows about it," Nick said climbing down out of the carriage.

We walked to the front door and were immediately let in. We took the elevator all the way up to the 35th floor. Once we got up there, I couldn't believe my eyes. There were tables all around lit with candles. Chandliers were hanging everywhere. There were waiters and waitresses dressed in white and everyone was wearing formal clothes. There was also a live band playing and there were people dancing on the dance floor. "Wow, I feel like cinderella," I said with tears starting to well up in my eyes. "You are my cinderella, always and forever," Nick said kissing my cheeck. I looked up and smiled.

We made our way down the huge staircase and were seated immediately. Once we were seated and ordered our dinner, Nick started to get up from the table. "Would you care to dance?" he asked holding out his hand. "Sure," I said taking his hand. He led me to the dance floor. I usually have two left feet but, I just melted in his arms and was in heaven. I laid my head on his shoulder as we were dancing. He leaned down and whispered, "Happy Birthday baby, I love you." I was still speechless as to what was going on that night so I just looked up at him, smiled and said, "I love you too."

After our night of dancing in each other's arms, we headed back down to the carriage waiting for us and headed back to the hotel. "Did you have a good birthday?" Nick asked. "Good?! I had a great birthday. Thank you for making it one I will always remember," I said leaning in and kissing him passionately. "Your welcome baby. You will have many more birthdays like this to come in the future," he said kissing me back. "I don't know what could top this one," I said. Nick then started thinking of what he could do for next year.

Once we were back to the hotel and on the floor where our room was located, Nick swooped me off of my feet and carried me into the roo and laid me on the bed. He took off his jacket and shoes and started undoing his shirt. He then leaned over me and started kissing me passionately. He rolled me on my side and unzipped my dress and slid it off of me. I undid his pants and pulled them off with his boxers. We then made love for most of the evening. Once we got our fill, we fell asleep in each other's arms.