- Text Size +

Chp 29

pt 1

 

Our first Christmas

 

 

The next morning we woke up early. Nick was already awake and on the phone. "Yea we need a car here in two hours," he said. He seen me and smiled. "Yea we will be back in Denver on the 26th. Ok bye and Merry Christmas," he said as he hung up the phone. "That was Johnny on the phone," he said getting up and coming to me. "Good morning my beautiful," he said as he embraced me and kissed me. "Good morning," I said as I kissed him back. "Do you want to get a shower first? Too bad the shower isn't big enough for the both of us," he said smiling at me. "Damn," I said laughing. "You can go first. I'll go walk Kaos and feed her," I said. "OK," he said kssing me as he headed to the back to get his shower.

While I was walking Kaos, I was trying to think of ways to tell the rest of the family. I'm sure my grandma was on the phone telling everyone as we speak. I just laughed at the thought and headed back to the bus.

When I got back, Nick was out of the shower and getting dressed. I snuck up behind him and grabbed his waist. "What the," he said jumping. "God you scared the shit out of me," he said turning around kissing me. "Mmm you smell good," I said smiling. He just smiled. I then went to go get ready.

I was in the bedroom and heard Nick walking on and off the bus. I looked out the window and seen that our car was here. "Baby are you ready?" Nick asked coming to get me. "Yea I am now," I said smiling. He stopped at the doorway and smiled at the sight of me. I just smiled at him knowing I was driving him crazy.

Once we got on the plane and got to our seats, I put Kaos underneath our seats. She was still small enough to ride in the cabin with us. I looked down at her, and she was fast asleep. "Thank God this is a short flight," Nick said gripping my hand. "Exactly. Just relax baby," I said trying to comfort him. I started carassing his arm and you could see his body loosen up a bit. He turned and just smiled. When we were able, I took out my mp3 player to listen to music. I gave Nick the other ear phone so he could listen as well. Before we knew it, we were in Springfield.

We went to get our rental and headed out of the airport. I gave Nick directions of how to get to my parents' house. When we got there, I was surprised no one was there. Thank god the storm hadn't hit yet. I kept looking over at him, afraid of what he was going to say. He caught me looking at him, "What's wrong baby?" "Please don't think less of me because I grew up in a trailer instead of a house," I said about ready to cry. "Why would I think less of you? You are you because of HOW you grew up not WHERE. I love you for you not because of where you live or where your family lives. That will NEVER change how much I love you, NEVER. You are my finacee and I will never stop loving you," he said holding my hands and smiling. He leaned in and kissed me. "Thank you. I love you so much," I said. "I love you too baby," he said. He then got out and came around to open my door. "Are you ready?" he asked holding out his hand. "As ready as I'll ever be," I said taking his hand and getting out. I took Kaos out, walked her and we walked to the front door, hand in hand.

I didn't even get a chance to knock. "I was wondering when you two were gonna get here," my grandma said opening the door and giving me a hug. "Hi grandma," I said giving her a hug. "I think you've already met Nick," I said said. "Yea but, he gets a hug too," she said. Nick hugged and looked at me and smiled. "And you must be Kaos," she said petting her. Kaos' butt just wiggled. "Well get in here," she said motioning us in.

I smelt cookies in the oven, Nick did as well and he just smiled. His eyes were wide open when he seen the house all decorated. He looked like a kid in a candy store. I just smiled at the sight of him. It was so cute.

"Hi grandpa," I said coming up to him and giving him a hug. He was in the kitchen helping my grandma cook. "Hi," he said giving me a hug. "Did you guys have a good trip?" he asked. "Yea we did," I said. "Grandpa, this is Nick," I said. "Hi sir, again," Nick said extending out his hand. "Nick, is that right, I don't shake hands," my grandpa said as he gave him a hug. "Welcome to this crazy family," he continued. "Thank you sir," Nick said. "Call me grandpa or Charles," he said. "Ok Charles. I will try to remember that," Nick said smiling.

The rest of the night, we all sat around the table catching up. Nick seemed to fit right in. He and my grandpa were getting along great. They were having a guys conversation. "I'll be right back," I said to Nick. "Ok sweetie," Nick said. My grandma followed me into the kitchen.

"He's really a great guy Jennifer. So nice," she said. "Yea he is. I just hope the family behaves tomorrow," I said. "Well I told them they better not start anything ad everyone had to be on their best behavior," she said. "Ok good but, we'll see," I said. "Well grandpa really likes him," she said changing the subject. "You think so?" I asked looking in at them. "If your grandpa didn't, you would know," she said. "Yea that's true," I said. "Well we better get back in there before he comes looking for you," she said. We headed back into the living room.

"Your house is decorated beautiful," Nick said. "Well thank you. Jennifer is usually the one that does all the decorating but, one of the other grandkids did this year," my grandma said. "My house was never decorated like this. Of course I'm hardly ever home for Christmas either," Nick said. "That has to be hard. How do you do it?" my grandpa asked. "It's get hard at times but not anymore. I've got Jennifer now," he said putting his arm around me. My grandparents just smiled. "Well it's getting late and everyone will be here tomorrow," my grandpa said getting up. "Yea I am getting tired," I said as I yawned. "Goodnight you two," my grandparents said. "Goodnight," we said. We all headed to bed to get rested for tomorrow, Christmas.